Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Submarine Torpedoes not working correct terrain related
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject:  Submarine Torpedoes not working correct terrain related Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am kind of lost, I have added new water tiles for the desert terrain set. However, Submarine Torpedoes do not work, they explode at "burst". Has any one seen this before?

The tiles have a type 9, this is constant with all other water tiles.

[TileSet0098]
SetName = water float
FileName = waterflo
TilesInSet = 14
LowRadarColor = 10,10,30
HighRadarColor = 10,10,50
MarbleMadness=69
AllowBurrowing = false
RequiredForRMG = true

This is the code from desertmd.ini, its just a copy of the water tiles. Is there somewhere else I have to mark as water tiles to make Torpedoes work?

SCRN0000.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  170.99 KB
 Viewed:  1031 Time(s)

SCRN0000.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I assume the key WaterSet in the General section tells the game which tileset is water.
Since this allows only a single number, i assume you would have to edit TileSet0021 and add your new terrain to this set to make it seen as water by the engine.

\edit
the more i think about it, it would be pretty stupid by WW to use a key in the terrain inis for the logic of the Level key and not the terrain type set on the tiles.

\edit
maybe check your water tiles with TMP Shop and see if it shows anything strange on them.
Maybe they are set as Water but have a strange Height or RampType set, causing Level projectiles to hit them, since they are not "flat".

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have uploaded a screenshot of some of my tiles and the values they have.

The column on the right is the factory YR desert water tiles for comparison.

Nothing seems odd about them. Maybe I will check and see if I have to edit the original water set... Unfortunately, I am not sure that will work, but I will look.

tiles.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  218.88 KB
 Viewed:  1004 Time(s)

tiles.png

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Double post...

So I tested a few things...

1 = adding tiles to the YR DES water set
2 = replacing the water01 and water02 tiles with mine
3 = new tile set

Neither works...  Laughing

So, that tells me there is some thing wrong with my tiles...

I have added two of the tiles to this post. Can any one see anything wrong with them?

I am at a lost here...

waterlol.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  773.65 KB
 Viewed:  993 Time(s)

waterlol.png

water02.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  water02.zip
 Filesize:  3.51 KB
 Downloaded:  3 Time(s)

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v1.04 of TMP Editor has a bug where it will enable "has damaged artwork" (which is only useful on bridges) on by default with no way to turn it off. I haven't see this specific issue before but it could be causing this problem. To fix it get v1.05 of TMP Editor which adds the option to turn it on or off.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
v1.04 of TMP Editor has a bug where it will enable "has damaged artwork" (which is only useful on bridges) on by default with no way to turn it off. I haven't see this specific issue before but it could be causing this problem. To fix it get v1.05 of TMP Editor which adds the option to turn it on or off.

Its not a bug, its by design, that design is olaf not being assed to check what happens ingame.

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sadly I just tried the damaged artwork, and that did not take care of it.

And to show that it wasn't just from my silly coding, here is the factory Soviet sub doing the same thing...

Edit* I also looked with TMP Shop, I didn't see anything odd, Should I try to just re-save all of them with it?

sovsub.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  180.24 KB
 Viewed:  967 Time(s)

sovsub.png

Last edited by MadHQ on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I know it's not a "bug" I just didn't feel it was necessary to elaborate on the events that led up to that option being forcefully enabled by default & thought that calling it a bug would be sufficient.

Anyway for those now intrigued the problem started during the time Blade (or was it MooMan XD ) were working on the Terrain Expansion they asked Olaf to add a "damaged artwork" option to the TMP Editor so they could add new bridges. Instead of making a new version with a toggleable option he instead modified a copy of v1.03 (the then current version) so the option was enabled by default & gave it only to the TX developers. Later on when Olaf started work on v1.04 he had forgotten about this default setting in the source code & it thus then got accidentally included in the public release.

v1.04 was the last version Olaf released & it wasn't until many years later that a modder called MetalMario released an unofficial v1.05 that fixed this problem along with several other updates too.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, I was looking in the data of the TMP file it self and there are differences.

Left side is YR Water tile, Right side is my tile.

I am guessing the first 3 "_int32 unknown1 = " rows are radar color...?

but the 4 "unknown2" rows I am not sure what they are... Any one know? I could just try to that binary data to my file and see what happens...

filedata.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  74 KB
 Viewed:  961 Time(s)

filedata.png

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As LKO said probably you can have only one tileset for water given by
WaterSet.

In desertmd.ini you can set WaterSet = 98 for your tileset and it will work
properly for the new set but screw up the original water.

You could ask in Ares forum if WaterSet can be made as WaterSet*.

HasDamagedArt bit shouldn't be set for water but won't make any difference
here. As such nothing wrong with your shared tiles.

If you want to know, the format is mentioned here. TMP Shop exposes all the
fields needed for changing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon