Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Area Spread Mind Control
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:  Area Spread Mind Control Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible??

With ares tags - MindControl.Permanent=yes and MindControl=yes

Cell Spread - can capture some units in cell radius like psychic dominator?

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually I wanted to do something like this but unfortunately this is not possible when I tried it. Even putting CellSpread, the controller unit will only control the selected unit, ignoring the CellSpread.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

create a building with self targeting psychic dominator super weapon

maybe you can set everything Image=none

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol is that a Hornet using InitialPayload to paradrop a tank...!?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, a aircraft carrier that launches a hornet to paradrop a tank, that deploys into structure containing a death weapon psychic dominator. NO not a death weapon psychic dominator - an insta-charge self targeting superweapon

Yes?

So... using the psychic dominator as a weapon - and removing the blast damage is impossible? Even with ares?

I am looking at

MindControl.Permanent=yes

and thinking, surely this has a cell spread?  maybe I can do something with mad tank logic.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aircraft paradrops all the passenger instead of firing its weapon is a hardcoded behavior.
This trick basically allows you to let a unit fire any kind of superweapon, but it needs place for the dummy building to deploy

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Further built upon the permanent mind control aoe:

Code:
[SuperMindControl]
Damage=2
ROF=5
ProjectileRange=5
Projectile=AirburstController
Warhead=ControllerBuilding

[AreaMindControl]
Damage=2;Number of mind control links
ROF=200
Range=12
Projectile=TheActualPsychicControl
Speed=100
Warhead=ControllerBuilding
Anim=YURICNTL
FireOnce=yes

[ControllerBuilding];Mind control warhead.  Will skip normal damage like EMP did
Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%
MindControl=yes
MindControl.Permanent=yes
AnimList=YURICNTL

[AirburstController]
Image=DRAGON
Splits=yes
Cluster=30
AirburstWeapon=AreaMindControl
;AG=yes
ROT=9999
Ranged=yes

[TheActualPsychicControl]
Image=SUBT
AG=yes
ROT=20

P.S. I realize the color changes are hard to make out, sorry

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love it #Tongue !!!

SO IT IS POSSIBLE!!!!??? Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

I have ne no time to test this now, but am so excited to test this later.

You are genius my friend, I see airburst being used, I see new projectile..

U are a star bro.

PS

how you record that gif?

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Should have mentioned just incase that only permanent mind control can use such coding, ordinary one will cause crash instantly given the links, in any case this yields certain radius from the cluster missiles.

Safe to say, should not use for many units or it's very unbalanced given perma control as that singular attack example could basicly control somethign like 60 units/buildings if they are within radius.

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I will limit this attack to only have effect on ANIMAL-based units using special vs flags and armor types.

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't understand how you made the above code work, I'm afraid. I've been toying with it for all day now.

Adding a Range value to [SuperMindControl] (which I presume is the intended Primary= for your Yuri Prime) at least makes the permanent mind control work, but the airburst effect remains absent.

How did you get this to work, I wonder?

silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make sure AreaMindControl is defined in the [WeaponTypes] list

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is. That's another thing the code above is missing, yes, but I figured that out already.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has to be able to detonate, so it needs at least 5 cells first before it will spread as it's Splits logic not Airburst, don't let AirburstWeapon confuse you. Give it a shorter ProjectileRange or a MinimumRange=5.
The reason Range isn't included is I only included tags that overwrite the original for [SuperMindControl].

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for your reply, 4StarGeneral! It works now, but, I suspect there is no way to make buildings immune to this (changing the warhead doesn't matter)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon