Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[Request] Ekranoplan Lun
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:  [Request] Ekranoplan Lun Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have been too long gone before I realized that most of the assets are fading.
especially hosted from websites.

I've been interested with an ekranoplan lun and it rings in my mind that there is a good normals one especially a like dreadnought sized voxel back in the days. I've searched here but its kinda small.

Does anyone still have one?

EDIT: T34 Sam's Version

Fight for the freedom side, March with the Imperial War Machine or Conquest for World Domination
https://www.facebook.com/YRZH.Mod/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/yr-zero-hour

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rebumping this thread hah,

Thanks to freedom fighter, i found it.

And I guess we should make this into ppm's voxel downloads. Stuff like these are like relics from 2004 and ppm is like a safe haven for it.

lun.GIF
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.87 KB
 Viewed:  3654 Time(s)

lun.GIF

ekranoplan.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.9 KB
 Viewed:  3654 Time(s)

ekranoplan.png

Fight for the freedom side, March with the Imperial War Machine or Conquest for World Domination

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I only know of Sam's very old & small one. I've always thought about making a Ekranoplan myself tho, if you are really interested I can make a new one.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's quite the same size of a dreadnought. and yes  I'm interested, hahaha.

dredlun.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.29 KB
 Viewed:  3634 Time(s)

dredlun.png

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

where can I download this??

edit::

Even the small version???

wiki -
"It flew using the lift generated by the ground effect of its large wings when close to the surface of the water—about 4 metres (13 ft) or less. Although they might look similar and have related technical characteristics, ekranoplans like the Lun are not aircraft, seaplanes, hovercraft, nor hydrofoils – rather, "ground effect" is a separate technology altogether. The International Maritime Organization classifies these vehicles as maritime ships."

Creator
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This one look quite plain to me

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The size & shape is pretty good but as Creator said it's a bit plain. If you post it here I'll re-texture & add some more detail.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The size & shape is pretty good but as Creator said it's a bit plain. If you post it here I'll re-texture & add some more detail.

I would also like to have a go at it since I love the unit idea. I also want to play with code to see if I can make a unit behave like it would in real life.

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is such idea.
An invisible and unselectable - untargetable unloading class should give the ekranoplan a flying mechanic Smile if possible, If not  WO and maybe becomes bullet?

ekran2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.36 KB
 Viewed:  3545 Time(s)

ekran2.png

- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm excited to see a miggy's version. Hehe

EkranoplanLun.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EkranoplanLun.zip
 Filesize:  99.58 KB
 Downloaded:  41 Time(s)

JeagerEX12
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In Dawn of the Tiberian Age, there is an Ekranoplan unit based on Lun-class ekranoplans (Not the Ekranoplan carrier) which serves as a repair ship unit for the Soviets. However, the cameo icon is actually a Caspian Sea Monster instead of a Lun-class ekranoplan.

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would say, it could look nicer permanently docked at the Naval Yard. As a spawner, you cannot destroy the spawner through damage to spawn. Which is shame. I wish the spawner and spawn could share HP. so damage to spawned unit damages spawn platform i.e only respawns once. And alternatively if it were possible to deam the ekroplanWO insignificant/cannot target while spawn is launched.

ekroplanmechanics.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.41 KB
 Viewed:  3503 Time(s)

ekroplanmechanics.png

- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

since this is red alert 2... funky like the big dreadnought's missile concept...

A VTOL ekranoplan carrier

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Screenshot image is bad as I have taken it from a video I made because some reason my screenshot button doesn't work.

Here's what I did today/ will continue doing to the regular sized Ekranoplan.

It appears to take off from the dock, - goes and does its attack on low flight path - like real ekrano, and returns to reload/respawn (like real krano)

CanPassiveAquire=yes (+Lay dormant until guard mode) Don't acquire targets until guard is set. large range - as is fully fledged aircraft, but limited guard range to auto acquire. Should attack submerged aswell.

EKRANOPLAN.png
 Description:
just wanted to keep you updated as these maybe possible variants when making a large version.
 Filesize:  1.43 MB
 Viewed:  3450 Time(s)

EKRANOPLAN.png

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A better image of the mechanic in action

EkranoplanSeabay.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  387.4 KB
 Viewed:  3422 Time(s)

EkranoplanSeabay.png

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finished working with the Ekran for a while ---

Here is the Seabay depicted in the above image.

Don't credit me for the voxel - credit me for the seabay design and WO.

It is normalized much better than the above image.

The Ekranoplan Seabay

EKRANP.hva
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EKRANP.hva
 Filesize:  88 Bytes
 Downloaded:  16 Time(s)

EKRANP.vxl
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EKRANP.vxl
 Filesize:  173.68 KB
 Downloaded:  20 Time(s)

EKRAN3WO.hva
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EKRAN3WO.hva
 Filesize:  152 Bytes
 Downloaded:  14 Time(s)

EKRAN3WO.vxl
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EKRAN3WO.vxl
 Filesize:  289.66 KB
 Downloaded:  18 Time(s)

EKRAN3.hva
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EKRAN3.hva
 Filesize:  152 Bytes
 Downloaded:  13 Time(s)

EKRAN3.vxl
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EKRAN3.vxl
 Filesize:  182.21 KB
 Downloaded:  18 Time(s)

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Voicing the unit using condenser mic is much better animalman

JeagerEX12
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We need this unit in Mental Omega as a Soviet Tier 2 unit for Russia.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon