Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:07 am
All times are UTC + 0
Helicopter stops spinning when dropping bombs?!? WTF
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject:  Helicopter stops spinning when dropping bombs?!? WTF Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been farting around with trying different projectile modifiers and even seeing if the land/naval targetting made any impact, but all I managed to do was break it so it stops firing at all.

Anyway like the title says, when it does work and drops bombs, the helicopter behaves like it is limboed or landed in mid-air, but until it is on a firing mission, it hovers and idles like normal.

I do want this helicopter to land, otherwise I could probably fudge it with idlerate=1...

Ideas?

Code:

[HunterBomb]
Damage=250
ROF=110
Range=1
CellRangefinding=yes
Projectile=HunterBombP
Speed=30
Warhead=APSplash4
Report=HunterAttack
OmniFire=yes
Bright=yes

[HunterBombP]
Image=SHBOMB
Arm=10
Shadow=no
Acceleration=1
Vertical=yes ;can't turn or do much of anything.  Just stays on the vector of its initial shooting (up or down)
DetonationAltitude=20000 ; Needs this to prevent premature explosionation since uses same system as nuke
SubjectToCliffs=no
SubjectToElevation=no
SubjectToWalls=no

equal.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.61 KB
 Viewed:  857 Time(s)

equal.jpg

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When it fires it constantly switches back and forth between firing frames and moving/idle frames (even they are same) and looks stilted.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The loop sound stops playing too...

ROF=110 is also hardly "constant", but I can try again with Ammo=1 and use the reload time...

*EDIT: Changing to Ammo/Reload makes no difference, same behaviour, stops while firing unless it has to move to follow the target.

*EDIT2: Bleh! HoverAttack was missing!

Thread can be deleted...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon