Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Vehicle paradrop help?
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:  Vehicle paradrop help? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys, I've been recently implementing some of the Ares features in my mod, the most recent I've tried to implement is customised paradrops. I have read through the Ares docs, and all related forum chatter on the topic, but every test of mine has failed.

My latest code on it is as follows;

The Superweapon;

[SovietReinforceSpecial]
UIName=NOSTR:Soviet Rienforcement Drop
Name=Soviet Rienforcement Drop
IsPowered=false
RechargeVoice=
ChargingVoice=
ImpatientVoice=
SuspendVoice=
RechargeTime=2
Type=ParaDrop
Action=Custom
Money.Amount=-500
SidebarImage=PARAICON
ShowTimer=no
DisableableFromShell=no
Text.Hold=SWT:OnHold
Text.Ready=SWT:Launch
Text.Preparing=SWT:Preparing
ParaDrop.Types=HTK2
ParaDrop.Num=6
ParaDrop.Aircraft=an124
ParaDrop.Count=2
Cursor.Frame=339
Cursor.Count=5
Cursor.Interval=15
Cursor.MiniFrame=339
Cursor.MiniCount=-1
Cursor.HotSpot=Center,Middle
NoCursor.Frame=309
NoCursor.Count=5
NoCursor.Interval=15
NoCursor.MiniFrame=309
NoCursor.MiniCount=-1
NoCursor.HotSpot=Center,Middle

- Where the HTK2 is merely a clone of the standard Flak Track, and the an124 is a transport plane I have implemented in the game.

I have listed 'SovietReinforceSpecial' in the list of superweapons, and the superweapon is given to an airfield building.

The result is 2 planes come (the only thing that Did work as intended), but instead of the Antonov, the standard universal paradrop plane was used, and instead of dopping the cloned flak tracks, it dropped the default soviet side infantry load (x2).

I set Action=Custom, but do I have to define custom? Does anyone know where else I need to put code?

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which building is giving you the custom paradrop?

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It uses the default plane if a plane is not set. That means it cannot find your transport plane and it reverts to using the default.

It's most likely having same issue with your halftrack clone - it cannot find such unit and reverts to using default paradrop.

gameaddict11707
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"ParaDrop.Aircraft=an124" should read "ParaDrop.Aircraft=AN124". I'm not sure of the exact workings behind it, but I've found that it's good practice to never put your unit/structure/animation names in anything but all capital letters. Sounds, Particles, ParticleSystems, Warheads, and SuperWeaponTypes can have names that aren't all capitalized.

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MRMIdAS wrote:
Which building is giving you the custom paradrop?

I gave it to one of my buildable custom airfields; I could have given it to any building (even conyard) but I felt it logical to give it to that. The building itself is 100% functional and I've been using it for a while.

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mevitar wrote:
It uses the default plane if a plane is not set. That means it cannot find your transport plane and it reverts to using the default.

It's most likely having same issue with your halftrack clone - it cannot find such unit and reverts to using default paradrop.

I was under the impression the transport plane was set in the line where I had =an124. If not, then how else to set it? I have only this line under the superweapon, as stated, not sure where else to put it.

I have noticed I forgot to add HTK2 to my vehicle list at start, which may explain the reverting to standard infantry drop, but doesn't explain the default plane usage. (will update you once i test when I get home)

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gameaddict11707 wrote:
"ParaDrop.Aircraft=an124" should read "ParaDrop.Aircraft=AN124". I'm not sure of the exact workings behind it, but I've found that it's good practice to never put your unit/structure/animation names in anything but all capital letters. Sounds, Particles, ParticleSystems, Warheads, and SuperWeaponTypes can have names that aren't all capitalized.

And last but not least thanks gameaddict; I shall change it to caps and see if that makes a difference. Will let you all know when I test it at home.

If it helps you guys, the only reason I didn't put it in caps was that the voxel (and name string in rules) is non-caps, so I only wrote it that way for continuity...

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lee3y wrote:
The only reason I didn't put it in caps was that the voxel (and name string in rules) is non-caps, so I only wrote it that way for continuity...

When the game looks for VXLs or SHPs, it refers to the Image= of a unit as defined in rules.
When no Image is specified, it defaults to the unit's ID.
The game then looks for the Image (or ID if not specified) in art.

There, you can again define Image (which, again, defaults to the ID, but not always on SHPs, from what I could gather from tests).

It is this Image that the game will now look for, regardless of casing.
Casing is something INI-exclusive, that the game respects only as long as you keep refering to other instances in the same or different INIs.

This means two things can share the same ID (but different casing), as long as it doesn't conflict with files, as opposed to entries.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some positive news; The 2 planes now come and they now Do drop the Flak Track clones. Progress!!

The planes are still the default cargo plane; it would seem my stating the AN124 (caps or not) didn't make a difference.

Just a thought; I only made the flak track clone as I read on an old thread that a clone vehicle was required. Should I clone the AN124? I don't feel this is the issue (the plane works as intended elsewhere in my mod). Can anyone clarify where to put the Ares tags?-Looking at the documentation it seems it's all just to be put under the defined superweapon's section (as I've shown in the OP). Likewise, the Ares docs shown somewhat confusing tags to define default planes for each side/country, which I think I could grasp but I honestly don't know where to put it... Perhaps the section where the sides/countries are listed? (where the countries unique abilities are also defined)?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clones aren't required at all for Ares. The AN124 is indeed an AircraftType with a weapon correct?

Simply putting ParaDrop.Aircraft= under for example [Russians] would give that country their own plane unless stated in the [SovietReinforceSpecial] which will override a country's own plane. You can also define the plane for each side/country under the superweapon itself like: ParaDrop.Nod.Aircraft=AN124.

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
Clones aren't required at all for Ares. The AN124 is indeed an AircraftType with a weapon correct?

Simply putting ParaDrop.Aircraft= under for example [Russians] would give that country their own plane unless stated in the [SovietReinforceSpecial] which will override a country's own plane. You can also define the plane for each side/country under the superweapon itself like: ParaDrop.Nod.Aircraft=AN124.

Thanks for the advice, I last attempted something similar, under country [Russians]

ParaDrop.ID=AN124

Also, and thanks for pointing this out; I had not given the plane any weapon! I shall get back to you with the developments.

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good news! The issue has been resolved; much thanks to your help guys!

After using that correct Ares string under the country section, and giving my desired transport aircraft the paradrop weapon, everything worked. If anyone else has difficulty implementing these features then I think this is a useful thread. I've made so far a new such vehicle/mixed paradrop for each country.

I appreciate this may be some complicated extra feature that perhaps only a few people may have delved into, but does anybody know if it's possible for one paradrop to have multiple different planes, carrying different units?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon