Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:23 am
All times are UTC + 0
Resizing voxel more than 255 in VXLE. Can it happen?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject:  Resizing voxel more than 255 in VXLE. Can it happen? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So all I want is to make a full resize to some voxel because they are too thin and I wanted to extend their X,Y  but the proplem is its Z is 170 and and you know guys that VXle cant resize more than 255 any way I will resize it down to with HVA editor to fit the game in a proper way but the "Z"
size is making full resize impossible

Help will be appreciated

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Copy+paste and lots of patience, a model near full size will suffer from clipping on screen anyway.

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats why I am going to use HVA editor to resize it down I mean i will make it very good looking in the game since its a very good normalized voxel but the proplem is this "255" thingy
So thank for the tip but its going to be sooooo hard and ofcourse toooo long operation but so guidance from u will be a great aid because its my first time to notice such thing in vxle although that I am using it since f..king long time so how to do it properly to avoid too much trial and error

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I resize my voxels down using voxel bounds in the header, which can be done from within VXLSE and doesn't need to alter the .hva at all.

My standard shrink is 80%, but it varies from 60-100% depending on what I need.

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes u r right but its i just need to resize up first and after that i will reduce its size thro either of the two methods
How ever i used to do it often by hva editor rathar than voxel header min&max values

Oh and by the way i tried alot using your tip but I get bizzare result
So what is the correct way plzzzz

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use XCC Mixer to convert the vxl to pcx, which will turn each layer of the vxl into individual pcx image file. You can then resize the pcx images to whatever size you want & then convert the pcx files back to vxl.

However pcx files are obviously 2D images so you'll need to manually resize the third dimension, the vxl's height yourself. You can do this by reordering the pcx files & copying & pasting some of the images to fill the gaps. I.E. if you have 4 pcx files (0-3) & you want to make the height x2, rename them to 0-2-4-6, then copy 0 & rename to 1, copy 2 & rename to 3 etc, etc. After you've done all that convert it back to vxl. In your case you want to resize it by 1.5 (ish) tho so you'd need to insert a copy every three files rather then every other etc.      

Of course this method isn't perfect & the vxl will probably have lots of parts that need a to be redone in VXLSE after.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WHAAT !!!!!! Oh my god ooooh my god  mig eater him self mig eeeater him self the great glorious MIG EATER
REPLIED AT ME  I cant believe it YEEEEEEEEEEEEEH

Listen miggy as u can c I just joined PPM yesterday but in fact i did joined so many times before  I AM A ONE OF YOUR F..KING BIG FANS

I wanna take a selfie with your reply I will screen shot it
U have no idea how much I am a mad fan of u or since when I started that

Man its been since 2005 or 20006 since I started editing and following u
Dont ask me where have i been all this time its complicated but i will explain later

I still cant believ it  FU..........K Yes!

Okay lets speak seriously
The talk here is about the Arleigh Burke class destroyer that yurilee designed  long time ago (the second one which has its body and hull and towers in one section voxel)  remember ?? Not the first super multi sectiond hull and front or back and radar etc......okay.

So I have my naval units complete and perfect but this ship is very small when compared to the rest and i dont wanna scale them down

I will try your tip and i hope that i can do it

C U Miggy

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TRUEGRIT wrote:
WHAAT !!!!!! Oh my god ooooh my god  mig eater him self mig eeeater him self the great glorious MIG EATER
REPLIED AT ME  I cant believe it YEEEEEEEEEEEEEH

Listen miggy as u can c I just joined PPM yesterday but in fact i did joined so many times before  I AM A ONE OF YOUR F..KING BIG FANS

I wanna take a selfie with your reply I will screen shot it
U have no idea how much I am a mad fan of u or since when I started that

Man its been since 2005 or 20006 since I started editing and following u
Dont ask me where have i been all this time its complicated but i will explain later

I still cant believ it  FU..........K Yes!

My first time ever to see an overexitement in an internet forum, i swear  Laughing

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
My first time ever to see an overexitement in an internet forum, i swear  Laughing

It's called fangirling #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didnt mean to be that way but its just editing in ra 2 since a decade ago but never had time to communicate in any forum or even complete my modification due to a lot of reasons (studying,our family business supervising,joining the army,marriage and during all that time I losed my HDD data or the HDD it self about three times)

and i coludnt always be able to connect to the Internet most of the time and  there wasnt  that too smart phones those days

And finally I have got the enough time... I guess

And with all my respect to other modders(voxel,shp) designers and programmers
The over excietment was for MIG EATER one of the top rated modders

And there is also LKO,azri apoc,bu7loos,stingerr,RLY big tank,mad hq,ge

Man i dont want to forget the rest but those what I remember because its been long looong time so i may have forgotten alot of the top rated guys in ra2 modding

So dont be hard on me and dude if my mod got finally completed the way I want it  you will wonder how the hell and average modder like me did what u r going to c

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hahahah okay guys enough
And dont go so far with your imagination

And my friend from the beloved syria guess from where am I or I am

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TRUEGRIT wrote:
And my friend from the beloved syria guess from where am I or I am

You wouldn't be talking about me, would you?

But, seeing as you're a fan of Syria, I'd say you're either from Syria too ar from Jordan.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No buddy its Egypt

And its not fan of syria its that i am sad for what is going on with it.... god to be with u

Thats why i said beloved syria any way syria had once agreat civilization hope u people cant get it back

Now this isnt the target of this topic
If u have any ideas it will be meaning alot for me if u helped me in that issue

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't do HVAs, VXLs or SHPs outside of minor edits, I can't help, sorry.

And thanks Wink

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for what !!
R u kidding??

WE R BROTHERS

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon