Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:42 am
All times are UTC + 0
Aircraft Factory Mod By Me
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:  Aircraft Factory Mod By Me Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My simple experimental mod that may be used as a base of (my) other mod(s). Appropriate Ares Version has been included in the game files.

General Changes

1) Jumpjet Vehicles (Helicopters, etc) are now built at airfield. They share the same building queue with pad aircraft. But rally point is still not supported. Each airfield has two exits (roofs). You can set each exit as primary, so that your aircraft would come out of the primary exit.
2) Each player now has a Territory, marked as a glowing green hexagon network, and a floating flag, indicating nationality. They cannot be destroyed or moved, and they are not counted towards victory or lose. Each player can call an MCV that lands in your Territory every 5 minutes. It costs $3000 and it takes 2 minutes to come. While it's coming, there is a timer revealed to all saying "MCV arriving in X:XX." All your unit (includes naval and air) self heals inside your Territory.

New Aircraft
1) Spinning Flags: country indicator that projects the country's flag. Invincible.
2) Badger Desolator: New soviet pad aircraft fires one shot of Desolator's deploy weapon. Extremely vulnerable. Costs $1400.

3) Divine Blade: New Yuri pad aircraft drops itself onto the ground and deploys into a tower. The tower is strong vs infantry and vehicles. Extremely vulnerable in air mode. Costs $1400.

4) Mag-bird: Air version of Magnetron. It has shorter range due to its high altitude but it can spawn two Funnels. Strong vs vehicles. Costs $1200.

5) Harbinger: Allied new technology armed with a mini weather storm device and a machine gun. Strong vs infantries and slow target, weak vs agile. Costs $2200.

Miscellaneous Changes
1) Soviet Squid is replaced by ElectroManta, able to shock and paralyze vessels within a small area. As a result Yuri can train Giant Squid now.
2) In air mod, Siege Copper fires MG & missiles against vehicles, fires only MG against infantries. In siege mod, it fires a barrage of artillery shells but it will forewarn the target area of the impending barrage with a holoscanned designator (like RA3 Pacifier FAV). Cost lifted to $1200, no longer requires battle lab.
3) Apocalypse fires missiles against ground target in addition to its double barrel cannon. Every time it fires missiles it gets speedup & Iron Curtain for a while. Cost lifted to $2000.
4) Sea Scorpion is now a turreted amphibious hovercraft, able to fire while moving. It launches an extra torpedo on water; it won't try to launch torpedo on land.
5) Tesla Tank triggers an electromagnetic blast every time it fires, paralyzing nearby enemy units.
6) Black Eagle fires napalm bombs and deals DOT. Strong vs immobile/slow. Cost lifted to $1500. Korean can build Harriers now.
7) Soviet tanks have low chance to spawn a terror drone when destroyed.
8) You can send at most 2 shock trooper into Tesla Reactor and each gives you 250 extra power.
9) Shock troopers, Tesla Tank, and Electromanta take very little electric damage.
10) American Airborne has 6 GIs and 4 GGIs.
11) Tank Destroyer uses reactive armor, reducing incoming AP damage (MBTs, Apoc, self) to 50%.
12) Most infantries can garrison. GI's, Con's, and Init's garrison weapons' damage against vehicles halves.
13) All base defense costs are 20% off. All Super Weapon costs are 40% off.
14) Rocketeer throws an extra bomb against ground target.
15) Nighthawk health increases to 250.
16) GGI's machine gun fires faster.
17) Robotank gains an extra machine gun.
18) Harrier fires 3 Missiles and can attack air. Cost reduced to $1000.
19) Flak Trooper fires anti-tank missile.
20) Kirov is able to launch bombs to attack further target (in 5 cells) but launching a bomb will consume most explosive and damage is reduced to 10%. When the target is close enough, it drops bombs instead.
21) Other changes I don't remember

Special Thanks
Ares Development team

Download Here

Last edited by cxtian39 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:57 am; edited 2 times in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Aircraft Factory Mod By Me Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll give it a try one day, but only because of this #Tongue
cxtian39 wrote:
Other changes I don't remember

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircraft Factory Mod By Me Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:

Campaign is playable and only in campaign you can have more than one territories once you free other forces from Yuri's control.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Aircraft Factory Mod By Me Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:

I forgot to say, the allied airfield you asked long ago is in this mod. Smile
And upload some pics/video

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Aircraft Factory Mod By Me Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
TAK02 wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:

I forgot to say, the allied airfield you asked long ago is in this mod. Smile
And uploaded some pics/video

Are you asking me or telling me to rip your mod's art? #Tongue
Thanks, I'm still curious as to how you managed that anim.

The anim I completely forgot about by now Laughing

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New system testing...
Construction yard rebuilding system.

1. Construction yard can no longer undeploy back to MCV.
2. MCV is no longer buildable.
3. When construction yard is destroyed, a reconstruction site emerges immediately. The reconstruction site is insignificant and reveals to all. If the reconstruction site is destroyed, another reconstruction site emerges immediately.
4. Reconstruction takes 5 mins and there is a timer that all players can see.
5. When reconstruction ends, a not-so-new construction yard emerges.

Feel free to post your comments & suggestions.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No MCVs?

No. That just takes away. Even if we get a replacement for the expansion job, it still wouldn't be the same

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

5 minutes is way too long, you'll be easily destroyed before you can start building even 1 defense structure.

I'm guessing this is done by a UnitDelivery SW with autofire self targeting. Not sure how you placed the reconstruction site other than a map trigger though. Good implementation of the idea though.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Construction yard turns into an invisible building when destroyed using Rubble.Destroyed, the invisible building immediately fires a unit-delivery superweapon on itself, destroys itself by SW.Animation and spawns the reconstruction site.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Continuing my fantasy #Tongue

Huntress Fighter
-Basic pad aircraft
-Female
-Armed with 4 laser missile, 2 in a round
-Strong vs tanks/airships, weak vs light vehicles/aircraft and buildings

Chronobomber
-Little chronosphere on its back
-Advanced aircraft
-Armed with 3 chrono timed bombs (like Ivan bombs)
-Flashing between timelines: every 3 seconds it stays in other timelines for 2 seconds. While it's in other timelines, it's invincible and you can see small sparkles on it. In other words it has approximately 66.6% miss rate.
-Vanish on death: enemy that kills it gain no experience
-Strong vs everything

Future Fortress Thor
-Mixture of Ra3 Future tank, Ra2 Battle Fortress, and SC2 Thor
-Armed with 2 beam cannons and a quadruple punishment cannon
-Beam attack can reduce enemy armor
-Strong vs buildings/cluster of units

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Future Fortress Thor

amazing how a unit can look good in VV and a completely pixelated ingame.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:
Future Fortress Thor

I guess that just goes to show how horrible WW's engine is. It should be fired into the sun Very Happy

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:
Future Fortress Thor

I guess that just goes to show how horrible WW's engine is. It should be fired into the sun Very Happy

Besides a lack of anti-aliasing, the WW voxel engine is really very good.

The problem is the scale, there's just not enough dots in a unit to represent small details well. You can get around this with certain drawing techniques, and of course shrinkage.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
The problem is the scale, there's just not enough dots in a unit to represent small details well. You can get around this with certain drawing techniques, and of course shrinkage.
The Scale is 1. I tried to shrink oversized vxls of others but it results fuzzy.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like this?

shrink.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  207.34 KB
 Viewed:  8796 Time(s)

shrink.jpg

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More experiments...
On a map without water, you can still build a shipyard. The 1st shipyard comes along with a pool for it to be built on. Later shipyards don't come with a pool. Choose location wisely. Also, only amphibious vessels can be built on such map. Some vessels may get amphibious adaption. New vessels like icebreaker can be available if it's also a snow map.

See it on Moddb

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HOLY..!

HOW?!

Something like the "green building" and pavement from TS has to be involved...
But how did you get the GAYARD to pop up after the 'water-pavement' was built?
They're seperate structures, and the original GAYARD has Prerequiiste.Negative=WaterPool, that much I can tell...

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems like pathfinding doesn't recognize post-placed tiles and still guide a land unit to cross water cells that were previously land. The aforementioned unit stops at water's edge and forgets the move command unless you manually order a detour. From this aspect I can tell ToTile= is broken. Worth a fix?

Pathfinding does recognize a building as obstacle tho, as long as there's shipyard in the pool units know to get around the pool.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool so in theory you could have each building lay down concrete foundation that remains for the next building, and have a similar effect to Dune's foundation slabs.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has low chance to spawn the tile off center (a few cells away) or sometimes 2 overlap tiles instead of 1.
I probably abandon this idea.

Particle Cannon Test
Type=ChronoSphere

And the Particle Cannon itself

Tried to construct a diverse tech tree providing different ways to unlocked technos. I come up with 3 ways.
a) Capturing Civilian Factories. Good for early rushing, spend only $500 to get a factory closer to enemy base instead of building your own for $2000.
b) Building your own Buildings/Units. Standard way.
c) After some time (5 mins, 10 mins, etc). Compensation for those who didn't advance technology voluntarily.

Quality ranking of the technos unlocked by these 3 ways: b) > c) > a)

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod is dead because my laptop got stolen.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ouch. So the files weren't backed up in an online cloud like Dropbox or something?  Embarassed  Crying or Very sad

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
This mod is dead because my laptop got stolen.

Damn, sad to hear that, is there any chance to recovery ?

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't have backup. Chance of recovery is mostly 0%. Typically laptop theft would wipe out any machine they stole to avoid any sort of tracking.
#evil  #evil  #evil

Kerbiter
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oof, sorry to hear that, my condolences...
should've really backed it up in the cloud

Using MagicaVoxel to create voxel models :: Phobos YR Engine Extension

[img]https://raster.shields.io/endpoint.svg?url=https%3A%2F%2Fshieldsio-patreon.vercel.app%2Fapi%3Fusername%3Dkerbiter%26type%3Dpledges&style=flat[/img]

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...or a regular USB, SSD, HDD...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon