Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:32 am
All times are UTC + 0
[TS] Divide and Conquer (2-8)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:  [TS] Divide and Conquer (2-8)
Subject description: Second map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After a long pause, I was finally able to finish my second map "Divide and Conquer"

It's up to 8 players snow map, layout is  inspired by "Tread Lightly" vanilla map but more AI friendly, also suitable for team gameplay.

You can find few deposits of new tiberium type, which was formed thanks to cold conditions. It gives over twice more resources compared to common Riparius tiberium. The area was controlled by Nod forces during harvesting and research, but shortly abandoned at Firestorm crisis. However few Nod patrols are still present.

Among common triggers such as "Day/Night" cycle, there are few ones, that can be utilized by specific side.

GDI can use Ghost Stalker to place C4 in Bridge Repair Hut, which will blow-up bridges. It is also possible to preplace another C4 into already destroyed bridge, which will explode when enemy tries to repair bridge. Also GDI can take advantage of easily accessible water for amphibious units.

Nod side is not entirely cut from resources for chemical missiles in this cold environment. It is possible to use Mutant Hijacker to steal one of Enriched Tiberium trucks, which are compatible to use with Tiberium Waste Facilities. Since the new Tiberium is far more powerful than Veins, one truck has enough resources to produce 2 chemical missiles. However the missile loading procedure takes more time. These trucks are located in map center, inside Tiberium processing outposts (2 preplaced, another 2 can appear if certain conditions are met)

It is recommended to use TS Client, I didn't tested it with vanilla or CnCnet releases.

Update 1: Implemented IsoMapPack5 compression by E1 Elite, which allowed me do add more details to water and shores. Fixed neutral engineer trying to capture player's base.

Update 2: Removed impassable overlay leftovers, used newest IsoMapPack5 compression, updated PreviewPack.

Divide_and_Conquer.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  871.61 KB
 Viewed:  7870 Time(s)

Divide_and_Conquer.png

SCRN01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  543.16 KB

SCRN01.png

SCRN02.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  596.18 KB

SCRN02.png

SCRN04.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  615.61 KB

SCRN04.png

SCRN06.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  510.02 KB

SCRN06.png

divide_and_conquer_v1.2.ZIP
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  divide_and_conquer_v1.2.ZIP
 Filesize:  1.32 MB
 Downloaded:  504 Time(s)

Last edited by Tuc0 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:38 am; edited 4 times in total

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice map, snow maps are rare to come by and that too of this big size.

Checked with the IsoMapPack5 compression, it was able to reduce it to 8479 lines from 9724 lines with multi-level compression. With Ice growth fix available for custom maps, would have expected a bit of it, just for fun. No matter, good map.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Nice map, snow maps are rare to come by and that too of this big size.
Checked with the IsoMapPack5 compression, it was able to reduce it to 8479 lines from 9724 lines with multi-level compression. With Ice growth fix available for custom maps, would have expected a bit of it, just for fun. No matter, good map.

IsoMapPack5 compression and Ice Growth are still too "fresh" for me, I will surely need lot of testing to do, to have these implemented. But very possible for update, if everything runs fine, I will "squeeze" more out of IsoMapPack5 compression.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated: added more details (water, shores, ground),  thanks to E1 Elite's IsoMapPack5 map compression. Fixed neutral engineer, which somehow decided to capture player's base.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just found out the reason for the crash in vanilla game. You have used the invisible/non-passable overlay IMOV present in TSClient but that doesn't exist in original game.

If you want to remove that overlay, can use MapTool with profile:

[OverlayRules]
180|255

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@E1 Elite
Thanks for investigating, I have used some of these for debugging, testing and forgot to remove them.  In that time I have encountered vehicle loco occupied cells bug and I thought it could be map pathfinding related.
I have removed these overlays rather in FS. when I tried MapTool on other map without any IMO overlay, it has changed OverlayPack completely when I compared files. Maybe I am just too paranoid  Smile
Could you test it in vanilla TS if the IE issue is resolved?

Map updated to v1.2:
-removed IMO overlay leftovers
-used latest IsoMapPack5 compression
-updated PrevievPack

During holidays, I might update the map, adding more water details and ice functionality. I have planned the map to have these from beginning, but I was stopped by IsoMapsPack5 limit and lack of FS ice growth functionality in that time. So I had to compromise water parts before release and never truly returned to it.

Last edited by Tuc0 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now it works in vanilla TS also.

MapTool and Map Renderer uses OpenRA code for encoding of OverlayPack and OverlayDataPack which does not compress those as good as FinalSun or the Game (through map snapshot). So both these sections would look different even if nothing actually changed in it. You can use MapTool/Map Renderer to modify these packs and then use FinalSun to save it again if you want to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon