Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Voxel Mash-up
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
snmiglight
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject:  Voxel Mash-up
Subject description: From Gangster, Damfoos, and Azri
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I mashed Gangster's, Damfoos', and Azri's War Miner and here's the result.

I really wish I can release this in public, but since parts of it are from Damfoos (which I assure him not to be released, only the storage part and wheels are mine) and from MO's War Miner,  I really can't set it up for public download.

ingame.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.59 KB
 Viewed:  4733 Time(s)

ingame.png

harv_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.48 MB
 Viewed:  4738 Time(s)

harv_000.gif

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This actually looks very cool. The reason why I don't release that miner is because it's made for a project and I didn't originally intend to make it public, and guys want it to stay this way. However if your mashup didn't include parts of Azri miner (think you can recreate these parts yourself anyway) I'd rather use yours in the mod instead, and uploaded mine for public use.

Did you actually copy parts from it however, or you recreated it voxel by voxel? Because I don't remember giving it to anyone except for that mod. If the latter is the case, I don't mind if you release it or not, it's a good and interesting voxel, and that design wasn't my own anyway, I've just colored someone else's voxel and added some more details.

I would use a fancier turret though #Tongue

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The container looks too shinnny

Creator
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just keep it to yourself

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Super nice miner! Quite impressive, I wish my own looked half as good as that one does.

Noddy
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks like Erastuses miner quality wise. Superb

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice
Is it me or do the tracks move?

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope you can share this gorgeous thing

snmiglight
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damfoos wrote:
Did you actually copy parts from it however, or you recreated it voxel by voxel?

sorta both. I have copied parts of it and edited them a bit.

cxtian39 wrote:

yep think so. I am not so good with that tbh.

Noddy wrote:
looks like Erastuses miner quality wise. Superb

thank you. but I haven't got to the point that matches his voxel's quality. look on the parts that are mine (container). it lacks decent texturing.

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR wrote:
Is it me or do the tracks move?

the tracks does move Very Happy

m7 wrote:
Super nice miner! Quite impressive, I wish my own looked half as good as that one does.

thank you!

Creator wrote:
Just keep it to yourself

well, as much as possible, I want to share this to everyone.

geof101 wrote:
I hope you can share this gorgeous thing

I hope so. I would then remove the part with the MO's War Miner in my spare time so that I can share this.

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Noice stuff, those rear lights and ore containers remap location looks familiar, are you or did you work with bunongari on this?

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rating 10 out of 10! Perfect!

I like

snmiglight
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ErastusMercy wrote:
Noice stuff, those rear lights and ore containers remap location looks familiar, are you or did you work with bunongari on this?

err well.. bunongari is actually me. at some point I forgot my password here and lost access to my email, so I created a temporary account. the storage part that I sent you was sitting in my pc for a year or so and I haven't updated it until I asked for damfoos' miner. seems like it is the part(s) I needed to finish it.

@Gangster: thank you! I've been a long time fan of your miner!

Last edited by snmiglight on Wed May 30, 2018 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suspected that would be the case, nice work.

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

snmiglight
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you sir! I still wish I had the storage from your miner. this could have been better. Smile

snmiglight
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damfoos wrote:
I would use a fancier turret though

cxtian39 wrote:

Sorry for double posting. So I remade the container, repainted it and remade the turret. It is my first time applying textures, btw. Criticisms please?

harv_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.88 MB
 Viewed:  4083 Time(s)

harv_000.gif

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Animate the ore too #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks pretty good, try adding highlights too not just dark strips. I think it could use a bit of a kick, more dirty/grungy overall, with some really shiny scraped off parts.

snmiglight
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Animate the ore too #Tongue

That'll be difficult Razz
TBH, I intended to animate it, but it would stop when the unit stops moving..

G-E wrote:
Looks pretty good, try adding highlights too not just dark strips. I think it could use a bit of a kick, more dirty/grungy overall, with some really shiny scraped off parts.

Not sure if I can do that. That's exactly the reason why I requested for line and filled rectangle for lighten/darken. But let's see what I can do..

Edit: I just noticed that the smaller wheels' animation looks silly.

Last edited by snmiglight on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The gun looks very nice. Also why do you need darken/lighten tool expanded when you can just edit the texture in photoshop or any other image editor? It's way easier given how little freedom VXLSE tools provide. I, for one, make wheels exclusively in photoshop layer by layer, then import the layers into voxel and have a nice round shape. Texture editing allows you to slap some random dirt on the container in a matter of few clicks, try it.

snmiglight
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Errm.. maybe because chinese voxellers apply textures by hand? I watched some tutorials and that's how they do it, so I apply darken/lighten voxel by voxel, and it is a bit time consuming if not tiring, that's how it came to my mind that line/filled square would make it easier. Also, I have noticed that some colors gets messed up when applying textures (and I suck at using image editors). Maybe I am doing it wrong?

Last edited by snmiglight on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:57 am; edited 3 times in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

snmiglight wrote:
I just noticed that the smaller wheels' animation looks silly.
It looks nice and a bit real, actually. Feels more... dirty, and fitting for a worker of the glorious Soviet Revolution: they aren't afraid of getting their hands dirty, unlike those american dogs Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
snmiglight
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I meant was, the brown part inside the wheels 'moves' while the gray part isn't. I just fixed it, I'll send a picture later on to elaborate.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so sexy!

snmiglight
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a better wheel texture animation:

wheels.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.05 KB
 Viewed:  3911 Time(s)

wheels.gif

snmiglight
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry again for bumping. So I have followed Overwatch's tutorial in ra2diy on how he tilted the rocket in his v3 rocket and here's the result.

tilt.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.23 KB
 Viewed:  3636 Time(s)

tilt.png

OverWatch
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good work

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon