Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 pm
All times are UTC + 0
YR Red-Resurrection Patch 2.2.7
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject:  YR Red-Resurrection Patch 2.2.7 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another month, another patch for YR Red-Resurrection! This time with brand new, exclusive maps, a new gamemode and a whole lot of balance tweaks and bug fixes.

Here are examples of the new gamemode some of the new maps!

Big Features

• FULL CNCNET SUPPORT - which means you can now view the number of online players from the client user bar (move your cursor near the top of the client window). You can also now visit the main CnCNet lobby from the YR Red-Resurrection client.
  • NINE NEW MAPS - Including 6 exclusive 1v1s and 3 2v2s.
  • ONE NEW GAMEMODE - Competitive, with a small select map pool and fixed options for tournament play.
  • And lots more changes... ranging from bug fixes to balance tweaks to graphical improvements.

You can view the full changelog here.

The patch can be downloaded and manually installed, if you are unable to use the client updater for whatever reason.

MANUAL INSTALL

Remember you can always join our Discord for active discussion and first-look at every upcoming patch!

--------

Key Words: #News #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #Ares #YRRedResurrection #Release 

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You really love symmetrical maps eh? Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look like fun, though #Tongue I especially like the top-left one.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
You really love symmetrical maps eh? Smile
Doesn't really matter, as long as they are fun and fair. Was more trying to create maps that make for a particular kind of gameplay, the kind that emphasises features of the mod and cannot be achieved by rules editing alone.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I understand, my maps are guided as much by my mod as any desired aesthetic.

I'm curious what particularly you are trying to emphasize? I haven't played your mod, just not seeing what the maps encourage.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The main principles for me:

Expansion, all the maps have rather limited resources at the base and make expanding a necessity. They should also be contestable, which is why the expansions on all these maps are the battlefield itself. At the same time it shouldn't be an easy win if you capture the middle, so they're quite spread out and there isnt a single gold mine.

Multiple distinct routes, so you can't be everywhere at once - you have to choose your battlefield and its possible for the enemy to sneak another way into your base and out maneuvre you. There should be multiple entrances so it isn't chokey, but also not too open as that makes it easy for the enemy to kite your attacking army and always defend.

As small as possible, that is as small as can be while still having interesting map features. Helps emphasise the statistics and features of units more. An attack is more effective if the distance between bases is smaller and a followup can ensue, or if someone loses their force a counterattack in good time is possible. Also promotes smaller groups of units.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!