Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Dreadnought Prime - Version 2
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
t98766a
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:  Dreadnought Prime - Version 2
Subject description: Some simple adjustments based on original version
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the ideas from you guys about my previous work (here). I made some changes to that vxl based on some of the comments. But of course, for some ideas about the design, such as 45-degree style, I finally decided to stick to those design or style.

Ps: Usage policy is same as the original version, to publish this, please credit the author.

Author: t98766a
Email: tomjerry1087@gmail.com

ingame-1.png
 Description:
ingame-1
 Filesize:  230.26 KB
 Viewed:  9243 Time(s)

ingame-1.png

ingame-2.png
 Description:
ingame-2
 Filesize:  91.92 KB

ingame-2.png

vxl-1.gif
 Description:
DREDPRM
 Filesize:  617.87 KB

vxl-1.gif

dredprmicon.png
 Description:
Cameo
 Filesize:  2.32 KB

dredprmicon.png

Dreadnought_Prime.zip
 Description:
Download

Download
 Filename:  Dreadnought_Prime.zip
 Filesize:  157.78 KB
 Downloaded:  353 Time(s)

Destro0099
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: help me Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can you send me a modified rulemd with that unit
i cant seem to find a place for DREDPRMMISL

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice voxel, but it's looking more like a cruise ship for me tbh.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, you can use it as a hero spacial vehicle

Syaz351
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to use Ares' Custom Missile Logic to add additional Dreadnought/V3/Boomer Clones.

Syaz351
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh...... it needs ares..... damn it......

Overmind
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd really like a new DN to use Turret logic; that way it will work with standard RA2YR just fine, no ARES.

I have a working alt V3 by this logic.

Veh        - main unit
Vehtur    - platform turret with rocket
Vehtur1  - platform turret with no rocket
VehMiss  - the actual rocket (usable as projectile art)

In this way any type of rocket system can be coded and it works in YR1001.

Of course, being like that it can't be intercepted, but that's good also (want to make hypersonic versions).

So if anyone has a usable DN with rocket turret, feel free tell me.

Or if a nice DN like this one can be modded to work in turret mode.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/apocalypse1

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In vanilla you can have any unit spawn any of the existing spawn missiles, it is the missile functionality that is hardcoded, not the unit it is attached to. This is why the VLAD is able to use the same missiles as DRED without issue. All that's required to make it work is the right tags on the unit.

In my mod I have ground unit that spawns the DMISL and another dual V3 launcher. With YR you also have the addition of the Boomer's missile that again can be used on any other unit. However if you want to make a wholly new missile to spawn like those, you'll need Ares.

Overmind
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know that; the problem is that there are the 3 limited types of missiles (DN, V3 and B-SUB).

Anyway, I improvised something. That front part seems to be a holster for missiles so I just made them projectiles with proper WeapFLH. I used the part that's a little more to the middle as hardpoint for the AA FLH.

Ended up with something more than acceptable: a heavy DN with hypersonic (uninterceptable) missiles and secondary AA.

Never tested how SpawnsNumber=4 would look with the boomer missiles.
Could make something nice out of that; higher tier ship or sub for Yuri that can fire a lot of them (4 or 6 salvo).

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!