Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:47 am
All times are UTC + 0
New mini mod - Star Control's Earthling Cruiser [RA2:YR]
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Trev-MUN
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject:  New mini mod - Star Control's Earthling Cruiser [RA2:YR] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heya, guys. I'm new to C&C modding, as this is the first entirely new unit I've put together. I'm not sure if this is even the correct forum to post this in, so I apologize if it isn't. (Couldn't figure out where this was most appropriate to place...)

Anyway, this is a standalone unit addon thing for RA2: Yuri's Revenge. It's not just voxel art since it's got its own cameo, and rules/art/sound ini modifications.

I've tried the best I could to duplicate the Earthling Cruiser, but there are some things that I think just can't be done with RA2:YR... not sure. Though the unit works great as is.

If you've never heard of Star Control, there's some information about the game(s) here and the Earthling Cruiser here.

Some additional pictures:

A group of Earthling Cruisers in-game, also shows what the cameo looks like.

The Earthling Cruiser's heat-seeking MX tactical nukes (which have their own voxel art).

What happens when 30 cruisers start pissin' hellfire...

Point Defense Laser in action.

Please tell me what you think. I welcome critiques and suggestions. Finally, thank you for taking the time to look at this!

EarthlingCruiser5.0.zip
 Description:
Everything you need to put the Earthling Cruiser in your own game.

Download
 Filename:  EarthlingCruiser5.0.zip
 Filesize:  823.04 KB
 Downloaded:  216 Time(s)

The Ad Ultimum Network

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a cool unit! If anyone wanna make a space based mod, here's a nice option Smile.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woah dude I didn't know about this! And theres me trying to make a Cruiser when you have a kickass one already Very Happy

(Sorry if this is waaaaaaaaay old.. I couldn't refuse this from a SC2 fan  Smile and as you know, we're in a rarity.. ill probably PM him if he still does it.)

Also:

Do you know where I can find this dude?

theidiot
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shit now i cant resist making a gmax model with more futuristic textures. Does the owner mind if i make it in gmax just a bit better?

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Theidiot??? strange name... very self-critical are you?

[quote="Lt A1br3cht"]Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon