Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mirroring Utilities
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject:  Mirroring Utilities Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to mirror all of the OS Utilities with public releases. I would like to have it all done by the 16th (Origin-networks b-day) Due to my recent comp crash I have lost all of the ones that were on my comp (they were probably outdated anyway) and I would like permission to mirror (and some links of where I can download) all of these utilities.

Any other Utilities such as Stu's mod manager I'd also like to Mirror if possible. Please reply all permission grants or denies (and links) in this thread.

Thanks in advance :fadein:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You already have permission for all my stuff Wink

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stu, I think we may need to include a GNU global public liscense in a text files in all our future programs... So, people may understand that they can put the OS utilities for download everywhere or even modify it in their desired way... as long as the original creators are credited.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, GNU if im correct means ppl can't sell stuff, and have to give the source code out when they release the program. Having no licence agreement, no copyrights, etc, means they can do watever they want with it.

No Licenece Agreement + No Copyrights = Do what u want.

Basicaly as long as there is nothing that sais u can't put it on a website than you can put it on a website.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, basically, the_kid, they would be happy for you to mirror the programs. Smile

Not everyone if familiar with how all of that works, so it be nice if you could explain it in a text file included with the program.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In fact, GNU GPL allows people to do whatever they want with your program (including selling it, modifying it, etc...). You must distribute the source code and... those who worked on it must be credited... it's the so famous copyleft.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Forcing ppl to share there source isn't what i call open source. So any releases of programs i make will not have any licence.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So then don't use GPL...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum