Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[Q] Ares .txt files to replace or expand ini's?
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Chaotix000
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:  [Q] Ares .txt files to replace or expand ini's? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have scoured this forum and the 1.0 documentation for this answer but I can't find it. I'm sure that we can pad out our ini files just using txt files as to keep edits and additions separate from the main game files. I do know about [#include] but that only covers rules. I remember reading somewhere that you can use txt files to cover art and other things. Has anyone heard or this or am I crazy?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're crazy. #Tongue

No, there's no way to use it for artmd or gamemodes or anything else at the moment. Just rulesmd.ini.

Chaotix000
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dang. I guess I was crazy. Thanks for the quick reply though.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares documentation wouldn't tell you about it (which might point towards it not being an intended feature), but [#include] is not actually restricted to just rulesmd.ini. Not sure if gamemode INIs or any others are exempt from it but it works just fine on artmd.ini, soundmd.ini etc.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Filename (including .extension) doesn't matter, only content does
What I did
Code:
[#include]
0=peacekeeper.shp
1=gutnk.hva
2=gutnk.vxl

The above are all plain text files though names are misleading

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did separate all files Art, Eva, Theme, Rules, Sounds so i dont need to search my stuff in there...
so original files didnt get any changes except adding [#include] to it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon