Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Second Tiberium War 2.0 (Preview)
Moderators: Aydra, Ever_Valiant
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ever_Valiant
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject:  The Second Tiberium War 2.0 (Preview)
Subject description: Moved and made better!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greetings, The Second Tiberium War has returned bigger and better than ever!

If you are new:
   The Second Tiberium War is a standalone modification for Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun. Features include new units, structures, maps, veteran upgrades, difficult AI, higher resolution menu's, audio effects, improved cameo's, Windows 10 support, and a large overhaul to the game play experience.

I have been on other projects for about 5 years since I released v1.11 and decided to return.  I chose to move the mod over to the Tiberian Sun Client, which is very good for you, but was a lot of work me since I have to start from scratch. Now it is all moved over and functioning at optimal performance, but that's not all. I also overhauled everything in the process and the new version makes the old one obsolete! So with no further ado, here is a preview of the improvements since the last version.

- New Client
The whole mod has been transplanted to the Tiberian Sun Client made by Rampastring and associates so please give them credit for making such a client. Now team matches and starting location placement is available, hoorah!

- Gameplay Overhaul
The first thing I did was shave -20% hp off of every structure and made all damage dealt another +20%. In addition I ensured that each unit’s most effective area of expretise was improved greatly, in essence, extremified everything. If it was weak, i made it weaker. If it was fast, i made it faster. The speed of the game should nearly match Red Alert 2 aside from not being able to build 2 structures at a time. The last version was better than vanilla TS but no enough in my opinion. This I the area I personally think the mod stands out the most, it’s balance and solid feel.

- No more missing!
The mechanics with missing projectiles, rockets that blow up before thy hit their target, and grenades that miss was realistic, but not at all enjoyable. I overhauled all the projectiles and warheads to always hit their intended target if that unit is not a long range artillery for example. The flamethrower was changed to a flame canister cannon which is 1000% better than before indeed. All missiles were sped up and no longer blow up prior to hitting their target. It’s just feels more solid period.

- New Unit roster
Though some units were removed some were added and one was brought back such as the elite soldier the “Ghost” which some people were upset I removed the last version. The unit roster is smaller than before as some units were merged together into one so it may look less crowded, there is in fact, more utility and strategy than before.

- New Super Unit’s
The Mammoth MKII fell over after the banshee attack and the Cyborg commando went swimming and sank to the bottom of the sea, so new super units are needed. GDI has sent Commander Vega to the battlefield to wreck havoc in his heavy armored battlesuit and his ammunition changing enhanced rifle cannon . The battlefield for the Brotherhood has now been graced the the Daughter of Kane himself, Ankha. The Tiberium enhanced assassin is the fastest infantry on the field. Sporting a personal cloaking device and armed with a devestating rail rifle that can be used effectively againsted all enemies including aircraft.

- New maps
Maps are very important to gameplay more that most would believe. Tiberian sun had slow gameplay and it’s maps were HUGE so that just amplified it’s sluggishness. I chosen and designed select maps scaled properly so the game is in the “Feels just right” category.

Scorched Oasis

Covert Operation

- AI Difficulty
The hardest setting of AI with hard mode turned on is nearly impossible to defeat. It’s is a challenge I’ve been looking for and now it’s here!

- Veteran Overhaul
All units had a veteran improvement in the previuos versions but some were just a fire rate increase or bigger explosion, not this time. I completely added brand new primary, elite and/or  secondary versions of weapons to each and every unit including there own warheads and projectiles. Not only that but a change in range, rate of fire, burst, sound effects, and visuals.

- Projectiles
Projectile visuals were changed with voxels from small ground-to-ground missiles to large MRLS ranged missiles as well as cannon’s and canisters.

Thank you for showing interest in The Second Tiberium War and feel free to make comments, I do read and take suggestions from insightfull criticism.  You can follow the mods progress and download (when released) at the link below.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-second-tiberium-war

Last edited by Ever_Valiant on Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This looks impressive!

How long did it take you to make this?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to still see TS mods being developed/released. Approved!

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Ever_Valiant
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
This looks impressive!

How long did it take you to make this?

I started he mod years ago but it was dormant. I just started it up again.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to see this mod being revived, there's surprisingly few good TS overhauls out there.

Quote:
All missiles were sped up and no longer blow up prior to hitting their target.

I'm curious, how did you achieve this? As far as I know, even non-ranged missiles will often blow up before hitting the target if the target is moving away from the attacker.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

most likely something like
Arm=10000
Proximity=no
Ranged=no
and a pretty high ROT value

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Ever_Valiant
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
most likely something like
Arm=10000
Proximity=no
Ranged=no
and a pretty high ROT value

Yup that's right, it makes a big difference.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratz on the release! It sounds like a solid TS improvement mod.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon