Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Radiation insane damage on animation.
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:  Radiation insane damage on animation. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So here's the thing, I successfully make Apocalypse Tank fire a weapon with large radiation without touching the CellSpread of Apocalypse's weapon's warhead by giving APOCEXP animation a weapon. However, the radiation damage is insanely high which it can destroy heavy tanks in less than 2 seconds and kill infantry instantly. Not only the insane damage but also the radiation really takes a while to disappear although the RadLevel isn't that high.

Animation code:
Code:
[APOCEXP]
Report=Explosion13
Crater=yes
Normalized=yes
Translucent=yes
UseNormalLight=yes
Weapon=RadiationWeapon
Damage=1

Weapon and warhead codes:
Code:
[RadiationWeapon]
Damage=1
ROF=5
Range=1
Projectile=InvisibleLow
Speed=10
Warhead=RadiationSpread
Report=
RadLevel=100

[RadiationSpread]
CellSpread=2
CellSpread.MaxAffect=1
PercentAtMax=.1
Verses=5%,5%,5%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,0%
InfDeath=7

What's the cause of insane damage and long duration of radiation?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no clue how a weapon on an anim works, but i would assume the weapon is fired every single frame of the anim, thus multiplying the damage.
It would be the same as an anim using Damage alone, where the damage is dealt every frame as well.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
no clue how a weapon on an anim works, but i would assume the weapon is fired every single frame of the anim, thus multiplying the damage.
It would be the same as an anim using Damage alone, where the damage is dealt every frame as well.

No. IT IS the radiation that causes insane damage. Not the animation.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

because on each frame the radiation weapon is fired

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
because on each frame the radiation weapon is fired

Is there a way lessen the damage that the radiation deals on animation weapon?

...or unless a weapon with less than 1 CellSpread warhead but more than 2 CellSpread radiation is still not ideally/reasonably possible?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

make sure the weapon is fired only once.
pretty easy, just add a dummy anim
[DUMMYANIM]
Start=0
End=1 ;one frame only
;add here your weapon
Next=APOCEXP

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
make sure the weapon is fired only once.
pretty easy, just add a dummy anim
[DUMMYANIM]
Start=0
End=1 ;one frame only
;add here your weapon
Next=APOCEXP

Sorry but I'm talking about Apocalypse Tank and that means I'm dealing with a weapon that fires twice. Although your code is one of the ways to make this crap idea that I'm doing possible, however, the another issue is the uncontrollable damage that the animation deals. Yes I did try your code but the damage is something that I can't control(It destroys buildings insanely but crap damage against units and adjusting the warhead is hard to control even with giving CellSpread.MaxAffect for unknown reasons).

Maybe I'll just scrap this idea, once again, since it seems it's not ideally/reasonably possible for now.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you seriously understand what LKO said?

THIS:

[DUMMYANIM]
Image=INVISO
Damage=1
Weapon=RadiationWeapon
Next=APOCEXP

[APOCEXP]
DELETE DAMAGE AND WEAPON CODES

or see this
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av32766288

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you tried dividing the damage by the animation?

Intended rad level / amount of frames in animation = new RadLevel

So to get RadLevel=~100 on a 15 frame animation (I can't look at APOCEXP at the moment), you'd use RadLevel=7 instead of the RadLevel=1500 you're getting without dividing.

EDIT: long animations even make a cool little increasing radiation field.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why not use Damage.Delay

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
Have you tried dividing the damage by the animation?

Intended rad level / amount of frames in animation = new RadLevel

So to get RadLevel=~100 on a 15 frame animation (I can't look at APOCEXP at the moment), you'd use RadLevel=7 instead of the RadLevel=1500 you're getting without dividing.

EDIT: long animations even make a cool little increasing radiation field.

Nope and I never thought it works that way. Thanks for pointing that one out now I get it why it causes extreme damage. I used RadLevel=300 originally.

cxtian39 wrote:
Why not use Damage.Delay

To be honest, I don't understand how Damage.Delay works.

kenosis wrote:
you seriously understand what LKO said?

THIS:

[DUMMYANIM]
Image=INVISO
Damage=1
Weapon=RadiationWeapon
Next=APOCEXP

[APOCEXP]
DELETE DAMAGE AND WEAPON CODES

or see this
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av32766288

I did but I did a different approach on the Apoc's weapon itself. I apologize about that.

Apparently, this method actually works, thanks. But I don't know why the radiation damage isn't insane on this method(This is more roundabout in my opinion) when it's not that different on my first method.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've experienced this also with a nuclear reactor death payload weapon, the damage is minimal on initial impact and the radiation level is relatively low.

When this 'bug' happens,  the rad field on destroyed power plants will last over a minute (real time) at Faster speed and kill infantry instantly.. no idea what causes this though..

Edit: nvm I don't think i paid attention to the OP oops

ayylmao on Discord

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon