Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:15 am
All times are UTC + 0
About the first AI wave
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:  About the first AI wave Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm really confused Which tag really controls the first AI attack wave?

AIHateDelays,AttackDelays or TeamDelay??

BUT the thing I know that (TeamDelay) controls the interval or the time between the attacks, so when I increase it's value, the time between the attacks gets much more time to get built, so is the first attack but what I want is to delay the first attack only without any effect upon the time between the attacks

And for the other two tags (AIHatedelays&AttackDelays) they are effect-less,
So which tag that has an effect only upon when the AI start to build the first attack team and nothing else

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How can you tell whether teams are attack teams or not

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
How can you tell whether teams are attack teams or not

Okay, just any kind of teams, but you know that AI knows which team is attack or defense via "IsBaseDefense" tag in the AI.ini, but actually I don't care I just wanna delay the first team, generally AI builds all teams together so I NEED TO DELAY THE FIRST TEAM

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IsBaseDefense=no doesn’t mean attack teams. #Tongue  Not every non base defense team is an attack team, for example, harvester team. You really want AI does absolutely nothing except building until sometime later? #Tongue

Maybe you can look at rules comment to find such tag

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, in my mod neither the human player or the AI is never going to care about the money, my starting cash is 50000 and every time the harvester empty it's cargo in the refinery will give 45000, so NO NEED TO MAKE A HARVESTER TEAM, And for some reasons I gave the AI building producing cash and non-buildable, capturable or spyable, basicly my mod depends on an idea of FULL SCALE WAR not the simple hit&run skirimish

all this means that bases in my mod is very huge due to the defenses I added so I need as a human player I need good time to build at some ground defenses before a 30 tanks attack and some and some anti-air to protect those ground defenses because when a specific number is reached in the ground defenses, there will be a team of bombers triggered to attack them hence for clearing the path for 30 tanks or what ever the AI is going to send to attack me

you know since the maps is very small in RA2 I deleted the trees in maps thus the AI will be finding a place to build easily

You got me??

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When AI decides who is the enemy, it starts producing attack teams. Enemy could be chosen when any attack happens, superweapon charges quickly or an attack by harvesters etc.. So make sure no skirmishes happen in the beginning of the map.

Then use higher value in AIHateDelays to start producing attack teams after some delay. Give something like 4000 or 5000 in the value.

MinimumAIDefensiveTeams/MaximumAIDefensiveTeams/UseMinDefenseRule etc. can be tuned for base defense teams apart from IsBaseDefense/Max count in the AI TeamTypes.

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
When AI decides who is the enemy, it starts producing attack teams. Enemy could be chosen when any attack happens, superweapon charges quickly or an attack by harvesters etc.. So make sure no skirmishes happen in the beginning of the map.

Then use higher value in AIHateDelays to start producing attack teams after some delay. Give something like 4000 or 5000 in the value.

MinimumAIDefensiveTeams/MaximumAIDefensiveTeams/UseMinDefenseRule etc. can be tuned for base defense teams apart from IsBaseDefense/Max count in the AI TeamTypes.

E1 Elite wrote:
Game uses TeamDelays for creating teams at regular intervals.

AutocreateTime, AttackInterval, AttackDelay, Ratio/Limits etc. are leftovers from earlier game, they are obsolete. ModEnc entry would need correction, though it doesn't say AutocreateTime is for TS/RA2, where it doesn't work.

Edit: Recruiter=yes is not needed for recruitment as such. It is only needed when doing inter-Group recruitment or to execute scripts for teams produced from factories with Groups other than -1/-2. In general, Recruiter=no should be used for AI ini as well as in maps to avoid recruiting pre-placed units with different groups.

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

I have just seen your reply in Tutorials vault forum

And the reply here together with that one in the Tutorials vault forum is clarifying enough to understand what has to be done, and you are right there alot of entries in MODENC needs to be edited,BTW E1 Elite, 4000 is very high value I tried it earlier, and the AI stayed very long time before committing it's first attack or even the first defense team

Anyway even if I already knows most of the things that you just said, for sure I do appreciate your help Thanks man Smile

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ModEnc is still primarily a curation of Deezire era hypotheses and conventional wisdom. There needs to be a total overhaul...

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you know something is wrong, you should change it when you get the chance, I do. It's open to anyone to edit.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
ModEnc is still primarily a curation of Deezire era hypotheses and conventional wisdom. There needs to be a total overhaul...

Says the one guy who actually still follows DeeZire-era conventions and ignores how the community moved past him. Amusing.

A good amount of people rewrote relevant ModEnc articles when Ares uncovered the underlying stuff. Myself included.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
G-E wrote:

Says the one guy who actually still follows DeeZire-era conventions and ignores how the community moved past him. Amusing.

Laughing Actually you are G-E, it's really obvious that you are an old school, no offence for sure you know I can't judge you or any veteran here

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GD: That's funny, I was his biggest critic, we started modding around the same time, but I delved deeply into AI stuff when literally everyone was guessing.

The only thing "era" specific about my work is that it's still based on RA2, and considering I've had over 7k downloads for such archaic garbage, I'm fairly certain some people appreciate the approach.

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
I've had over 7k downloads for such archaic garbage, I'm fairly certain some people appreciate the approach.

Now I'm taking my word back G-E Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon