Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:17 am
All times are UTC + 0
How to use Operator?
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TonySpark
Vehicle Drone

Location: I don't want you to be Paranoid, but... everywhere, starting from this site to Discord

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject:  How to use Operator?
Subject description: I got more confused.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After I read this, I got confused about what weapon which it uses? And does it activate when I didn't put any operator?

Example, I use an operator on [MTNK] just write
[MTNK]
Operator=E1, E2, INIT; Capable to use by Basic Infantry as an extra weapon

And after I put it, What happens when I put it? (I didn't test it yet, but I'm a modder when I was 12 years old for 6 years if count this day)

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy birthday?
Read the documentation.

TonySpark
Vehicle Drone

Location: I don't want you to be Paranoid, but... everywhere, starting from this site to Discord

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Happy birthday?
Read the documentation.

Sorry, My birthday passed 4 days ago.

And after I read all of them, no weapon that proof as what weapon use if one  operator operated a drive to improve firepower

Here from Ares's Documentation: Operator
Ares wrote:
Operator
Any TechnoType can now require a specific InfantryType to be among its passengers before it will function.

[TechnoType]->Operator= (string, either an InfantryType or “_ANY_”)
Specifies the InfantryType that must be among the TechnoType‘s passengers before the TechnoType will function. If “_ANY_” (sans quotes) is specified then it doesn’t matter which InfantryType is inside as long as some InfantryType is. Use none to remove the requirement of having an operator. Defaults to none.
On the TechnoType you will need to set Passengers=1 (or higher) and SizeLimit=1 (or higher).

For BuildingTypes you will also need to set InfantryAbsorb=yes.

If the needed passenger is not inside then the TechnoType will power down in a similar fashion to the Robot Tank when the Robot Control Centre is offline – the unit will not be able to move or fire.

BuildingTypes without their Operator will not be able to fire their weapon, if they have one.

No other building-specific functions will be affected (e.g. providing power, being a factory, undeploying, super weapons, radar, etc).

Mirage Tanks without their Operator will still maintain their disguise.

Operator logic has no effect on Service Depots – the Operator cannot enter.

Operator logic has no effect on deployed Siege Choppers. An Operator is never needed.

Operator logic will render Refineries unusable because the Operator will not be able to enter and the Harvester will not dock.

Operator logic will render InfantryTypes unusable because InfantryTypes cannot have passengers.

Operator logic cannot be used on vehicles that deploy into buildings (e.g. MCVs) because the passenger deploy function takes precedence over DeploysInto=.

Operator logic will render VehicleTypes with BalloonHover=yes unusable because they will power down in mid-air without landing, so it is impossible to get an Operator into them (even flying infantry like the Rocketeer cannot enter them).

Operator logic cannot be used on AircraftTypes for two reasons:

Aircraft are produced in a place where the Operator cannot board them. You can issue a move order to an Operator-less aircraft but they will immediately crash.
Assuming you manage to get an aircraft to a place where the Operator can board it, if the aircraft can attack then the act of attacking will cause the passengers (including the Operator) to parachute from the aircraft - whereupon it will crash.

Ares's note wrote:
Note

The AI behaves unpredictably when faced with units that require Operators and may not be subject to certain effects. You should prevent the AI from building anything that requires an Operator.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because Operator has nothing to do with weapon selection logic. Consider it akin to the Robot tank Powered logic - if the vehicle is empty, it's a sitting duck. That's all it's about.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
TonySpark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Because Operator has nothing to do with weapon selection logic. Consider it akin to the Robot tank Powered logic - if the vehicle is empty, it's a sitting duck. That's all it's about.

Welp, Thank for about that. But in the real thing that I want to know is... What does code that Opus Tank used from MO (Opus can transport to change a weapon and turret visual)

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TonySpark wrote:
Welp, Thank for about that. But in the real thing that I want to know is... What does code that Opus Tank used from MO (Opus can transport to change a weapon and turret visual)

It is basically same as IFV.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
TonySpark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
TonySpark wrote:

It is basically same as IFV.

Ah, Found it. Thank you for that. Even I keep modding to mod RA2 more than 6 years since 2012 and I still don't know about that. Thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon