Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Voxel Animation Rate
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:  Voxel Animation Rate Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another newbie question, but how do I actually Edit a voxel its movement animation rate?

I tried Rate & AnimRate, but that isn't working.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IdleRate / WalkRate (I believe former is used in every situation where the unit is not moving, which is when WalkRate is used) in rules(md).ini can be used to control this to an extent. Since the values influence how many game frames it takes for the SHP / voxel animation to advance to the next frame, 1 is the smallest value you can use while still displaying an animation and you cannot use this to make the animations faster, only slower.

Ares also adds AirRate to the mix, which only takes effect when the unit is in air.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ohhhhh. I am dumb. I thought WalkRate was only used for SHP based units.
Apologies and thank you.  Very Happy

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With idlerate on the unit is playing movesound even it's not moving which is annoying

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The HVA animation speed depends on the game speed, and affected by rendering delays while in action. IdleRate tells the unit to keep pretending it is still active when stopped, which isn't exactly the same when it is pausing hovering.

I use IdleRate to keep certain helicopters from "turning off" when landed, which produces a spin-up and spin-down cycle during that state, but when hover idling there is no spin-down effect just a reduced continuous rate.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
With idlerate on the unit is playing movesound even it's not moving which is annoying
I've got IdleRate on a ground vehicle and it does not cause the MoveSound to repeat.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
I've got IdleRate on a ground vehicle and it does not cause the MoveSound to repeat.

Not a looping sound though I assume?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon