Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:57 am
All times are UTC + 0
AutoLAT in Final Sun ( Solved )
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
BorgCubeJanitor
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject:  AutoLAT in Final Sun ( Solved )
Subject description: AutoLAT not working with some tile sets
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can place crystals and swamp tiles, but AutoLAT not applying to them. AutoLat not working even with ice tiles. Everything else like water, grass, sand, rough is working fine.

I have fixed version of Final Sun Editor. All fixes downloaded and installed from here: https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/6720-final-sun-complete-fixed/

I have concerns about some files i've copied, specifically files from folder add to tiberiansun_online folder ( ecache15.mix, ecache16.mix, temperat.ini ) which i've copied into game folder where EXE file is and into \SUN\MIX folder cause i've found similar files there. And i don't have tiberiansun_online folder.

EDIT: Ok, i see now how AutoLAT for crystals works, i can see its result only in game, but still can't figure out what is wrong with ice tiles.

3455434545.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  571.88 KB
 Viewed:  2519 Time(s)

3455434545.jpg

Last edited by BorgCubeJanitor on Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Limitations of FinalSun. Ice tiles variations has to be provided by the mapper. Game does the LAT for the crystal and blue molds.

It looks like those additional files have city tiles of TX which can be added to the CnCNet version of the client. You need not add it if you don't want it for mapping. If you make maps with TX, then people using that map also need those TX files. There is also another version of TSClient posted here.

BorgCubeJanitor
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Limitations of FinalSun. Ice tiles variations has to be provided by the mapper. Game does the LAT for the crystal and blue molds.

It looks like those additional files have city tiles of TX which can be added to the CnCNet version of the client. You need not add it if you don't want it for mapping. If you make maps with TX, then people using that map also need those TX files. There is also another version of TSClient posted here.

Thank you for clearing this out.
Someone told me that ice will not work properly in a game, so i need manually copy ice tiles from official maps. It sounds even worse. Feeling bad for starting snow map.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ice growth problem can now be fixed. There is no need to copy tiles from any map. FinalSun does not have the feature to view or apply ice growth but it retains the cells marked for ice growth.

Starkku's MapTool can now mark the cells where ice needs to grow. It should be done on the cells where ice is present and should regrow when damaged and also on water where ice is supposed to grow. The mechanism provided in the MapTool is to select a 1x1 building that won't be used on the map and change the profile named misc_fixicegrowth.ini and replace TSTLAMP with the building ID you will be using to mark the cells for ice growth. Then in FinalSun, place that 1x1 selected building on the cells wherever you want ice to grow and later apply that MapTool profile for that map. After the cells are marked for ice growth, those 1x1 building that were placed can be removed.

By using the updated zzattack's CnC Map Renderer, the cells marked with ice growth can be seen in the preview window or the output image of the map. You can also check out the vanilla maps for example to see which cells are marked for ice growth with this tool now.

BorgCubeJanitor
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Ice growth problem can now be fixed. There is no need to copy tiles from any map. FinalSun does not have the feature to view or apply ice growth but it retains the cells marked for ice growth.

Starkku's MapTool can now mark the cells where ice needs to grow. It should be done on the cells where ice is present and should regrow when damaged and also on water where ice is supposed to grow. The mechanism provided in the MapTool is to select a 1x1 building that won't be used on the map and change the profile named misc_fixicegrowth.ini and replace TSTLAMP with the building ID you will be using to mark the cells for ice growth. Then in FinalSun, place that 1x1 selected building on the cells wherever you want ice to grow and later apply that MapTool profile for that map. After the cells are marked for ice growth, those 1x1 building that were placed can be removed.

By using the updated zzattack's CnC Map Renderer, the cells marked with ice growth can be seen in the preview window or the output image of the map. You can also check out the vanilla maps for example to see which cells are marked for ice growth with this tool now.

Thank You Very Much! Ill Give It A Try.

UPDATE: It worked! I didn't know that you should place at least 1 tile of ice to make it grow but i figured it out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon