Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am
All times are UTC + 0
Unique Lan Problem
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
noddynod443
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:  Unique Lan Problem
Subject description: Unique Lan Problem
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Howdy fellow Brothers of Nod. Could someone please help me with a unique Lan connection problem?

The main cause of grief is caused by my multiseat-gaming Lan Party setup using a program called "Aster" to given two players the ability to play on only one computer. ASTER Link: https://www.ibik.ru/

One PC, CPU, GPU,;Two Networking Cards, monitors, keyboards and mice.

Therefore I have have four custom build computers with this software to create a eight player Lan Party...anyways...

So the software just requires two user accounts on each PC for each player (example Station #1 and Station #2). Both Stations on one PC communicate through one network card. However some games (such as Delta Force Land Warrior) give an error related to a "port that is already in use by the other station". Therefore I found it necessary to add a second networking card so that all communication of station #2 are separate from station #1.

Well... in regards to DTA, First I have to use a program called "sandboxie" to startup a second instance of the DTA client on the second User/station. I received this error when trying to create a Lan server:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The requested address is not valid in its context 127.0.01:1233

If the issue is repeatable, contact the DTA staff

Smile  However, I was able to solve this problem by setuping up the multiseat software to let station #1's networking bypass the need to be forced through network card #1 and just use the default card (network card #1) and also forwarded the required ports; for some reason the multiseat software blocks some ports

So I was able to join both "users/stations" connection together in a Lan server for the first time. The new problem however is that the "joining station #2" does load up and join completely during the loading process, but on station #1's screen it (the host) displays that the loading progress of station #2 has froze part way:

Connection is then Lost to station #2 and both Users/stations can exit back to the Lan server lobby that both are still connected to.

I also tried having a second separate PC host and have the "two halves" of PC #1 join to it. The results were that both PC#1/station#1 and station#2 displayed that the loading bar froze for each other and the host PC#2. So somewhere down the line the two "users/stations" are still conflicting with each other.

I had a similar problem with trying to network Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert 1, and Tiberian Sun through the older CnCNet5 version, but that problem was fixed by changing the Changing the game port used by either "user/station". Station#1 = 8054; Station#2 = 8055
Settings -> CnCNet -> Game Settings -> Game Port
https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/8845-cncnet-not-working-with-multiseat-gaming-software/
In DTA's version of CnCNet, there is no option in the settings to manually change the game port used. (I also have this identical game port problem with the CnCNet used by Yuri's Revenge)

I theorize that all my Lan connection problems could be fixed if I could manually change the game port used by each instance of CnCNet running on the one PC like I was able to do in the older CnCNet's settings.

Any ideas please. I bet all on having the option to manually change the game port number.

Sorry this post is so long. I wanted to tell all the details of the entire story (which I only cover some lol Smile )

Also this Multiseat-gaming setup works very well with many games and the performance of players on one GPU is just fine since my custom build PC's has the rocks to do it. (and that we play old, non-graphics-demanding games)

Thank You Gentlemen,

Noddynod443

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could try to have one of the two players on every system play through a virtual machine, but I don't know how that'll work with 2 separate mice and keyboards.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
noddynod443
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
You could try to have one of the two players on every system play through a virtual machine, but I don't know how that'll work with 2 separate mice and keyboards.

Thank You Sir for your reply Smile . Before I try experimenting with a virtual machine setup, I have an idea/question:

When I host a Lan server the words:"(host name) has joined from 127.0.0.1" appear in the Lan Server "chat box".

Is there any way possible that I could manually change the IP address that the Lan server starts/hosts on? Instead of 127.0.0.1, could I manually change it to the static IP address of one of the networking cards such as: 192.168.1.11?

That way two multiseat "stations/users" on the same PC would not encounter Port problems caused by the sharing of the internal IP address.

Thank You,

Noddynod443

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is not a feature the client currently supports and considering how unique your setup is, I don't think there is enough demand for it for Rampastring to consider it to be worth the effort to implement it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum