Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Units Request question
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:  Units Request question Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how much does it cost to request a quality unit in average?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think most people charge for their modding skills in this community, it's just a hobby after all. It's generally just if people feel like it, they'll take the request.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, generally if the idea is interesting and feasible to design, someone will try.

You just have to inspire them... but to do that you can't keep it a secret.

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok then, so here is what i want...
I wanted to make it by myself but i dont have that much time for learning 3dsMax or what its requires i even not sure what programms are needed honestly. I was convinced of my words when I saw 3dsMax UI.

12.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.14 KB
 Viewed:  878 Time(s)

12.jpg

11.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  53.25 KB
 Viewed:  879 Time(s)

11.gif

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a way too skinny unit design. Ingame the arms and legs would be 1 pixel thick or even get holes in them because they are so thin.
Most details like the wires on the head won't be visible in the tiny ingame size.

Infantry can only use 1 attack animation. Using the claw for melee and the pistol thing for ranged attacks is not possible.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
It's a way too skinny unit design. Ingame the arms and legs would be 1 pixel thick or even get holes in them because they are so thin.
Most details like the wires on the head won't be visible in the tiny ingame size.

Infantry can only use 1 attack animation. Using the claw for melee and the pistol thing for ranged attacks is not possible.

I think possible to do something about it. As for ther attack idk for now but i think there's way to do it now, which is i didnt test yet and maybe it will possible in the future with ares or openra.

Also can you tell me why it will 1 pixel? You using some sort of programms(im bad with graphic theme) that allows to pull on textures?

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae maybe you can help me with understanding how to make units from pics like these above? Or tell me which way to go?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Also can you tell me why it will 1 pixel?

Here is what the concept art looks like when scaled down to RA2 size, as you can see most the details have been lost & the arms are only 1 pixel wide in places.

1px.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.65 KB
 Viewed:  823 Time(s)

1px.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Depends. Yuri's Revenge offers a separate attack sequence for Secondary weapon slot that is used instead of FireUp, even comes with a prone firing variant too. If you are fine with sticking to whatever options you have for target selection between Primary and Secondary, then yes, you can have two separate attack animations on an infantry unit there.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon