Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Animation color change little problem...
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:  Animation color change little problem... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I need to change colors in few animations, so I have done export to image from most colored frames from each anim(they have similiar colors)then I've pasted these frames into one single PNG and then I've calibrated colors which I wanted after that I've converted PNG in 8bit 256 color and converted it into PAL trough XCC Mixer, problem is - this new pal have 18 colors all other are black. I did something like that before but with full colored PAL and it worked but now idk. So how can I solve this? I really need help with this, I dont wanna re-color it manually...

1.png
 Description:
take a look
 Filesize:  29.76 KB
 Viewed:  740 Time(s)

1.png

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No one knows?
Is it possible to turn off color slots from .pal? I remember that some PALs was not full.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Attach the png to the topic or pm it to me. I just created my own png (shown below) and a pallet from xcc (attached below) and it works fine. Maybe you do not have the image in true 8 bit...

Untitled.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.01 KB
 Viewed:  687 Time(s)

Untitled.png

Untitled.pal
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Untitled.pal
 Filesize:  768 Bytes
 Downloaded:  4 Time(s)

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why not use XCC Mixer to copy to .shp with the right palette in one step?

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Why not use XCC Mixer to copy to .shp with the right palette in one step?

I've tried... its better but anyway screwed

3333.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.27 KB
 Viewed:  658 Time(s)

3333.png

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay well, I think the reason why you are seeing all black is because of how shp files work, or it could be that I am misunderstanding what you are trying to do...

Each shp frame from the file is nothing more than a collection of indexes for the color pallet.

When you make a new pallet, it will only contain the number of colors in the image, the rest will be black. As long as you are fine with that limited number of colors, you will have to copy and paste the frame into shp builder, so the shp builder can attempt to find the closest matching color from the active pallet.

As far as I know, you cannot simply load a different pallet to a shp file and have it magically find the correct colors that was expected (unless it uses the same color index from the pal file) and fix the shp frames color index, without having to at least copy and paste each frame to fix the index.

BTW... the main difference I have seen is it looks like you have darkened the animation colors, do you know about the shp builders color replace feature... That will do almost the same thing unless the colors you want do not exist.

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got it. So there is no way to disable slots in PAL also?

Yee im dumb... i have remembered that i did same but with new anims not with alrdy existed. So i need to disassembly shp for recolor it i supose

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Photoshop and most good photo editors will allow you to save the palette of an existing indexed image and batch apply it to other images. It will not be .pal but it works the same within PS.

You need to start with your full colour image which has every shade you want on it first, convert to indexed, save its palette and then convert the rest (also from full colour), copying and pasting 200+ infantry frames in SHP Builder seems silly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon