Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am
All times are UTC + 0
[TD] Rappeling off chinooks.
Moderators: Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject:  [TD] Rappeling off chinooks.
Subject description: Trying to make it happen.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I've been playing Renegade a lot lately.

My end goal here is to have infantry rappelling from the transport helicopter instead of the latter landing and unloading.

Doing the Chinook bit first.

So I've modified the TRAN.shp a bit to have 3 frames where the back door opens. Now I need to do the YAML work but Im a bit lost here. Which lines should I modify or should I just make up a new line entirely?.

Now onto the hard part, what should I do to make the unit offload the infantry without lading?, some sort of new weapon that when the chinook attacks it plays the rappeling animation and spawns the infantry on the ground?.

Accepting all ideas and constructive criticism.

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might be wrong or be out of the loop but does OpenRA even support hatch opening. The reason I am asking is because it is not supported for vehicles like the M113 APC (was in orignal C&C1 / RA1) or the Chinook Helicopter (atleast in the 2019-08-25 release). For the RA1 naval Transport it is just the default image it uses when it is on beach tiles. This is one of those little things that annoy me about OpenRA, I personally would love to have those hatch opening animations back for transport vehicles like APC and Chinook. Mad

Also TRAN.shp (orignal C&C1 / RA1) and TRAN2.shp (OpenRA) already got opened hatch frames at the end so I do not get why you added more unless you mean for other directions?

As for your question on "Which lines should I modify or should I just make up a new line entirely?." and "Now onto the hard part, what should I do to make the unit offload the infantry without landing?, some sort of new weapon that when the chinook attacks it plays the rappeling animation and spawns the infantry on the ground?." you should read up on what OpenRA can or can not do and also experiment around:
https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki (Also they have IRC and discord)
https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/Traits

As for the actual rappeling off chinooks experiment I do not think it will work good in OpenRA (just my guess on the whole topic).

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The hatch opening was discarded, because it only works on a specific frame so the unit has to turn first, which is slow and annoying.

For your rappelling to work, you need code. Maybe ask at the https://github.com/MustaphaTR/Generals-Alpha

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum