Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:42 am
All times are UTC + 0
Doom 3 > scary?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject:  Doom 3 > scary? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea it's scary Laughing
Any of u palyed it yet?

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the reccomended specs are a 2.5ghx processor... it would run to slow on my p.c

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well perhapse u meet minmum specs?

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll be able to play this game soon on my new Athlon 64 pc Twisted Evil
( I don't think it would be playable at all on my 1.2 Ghz Athlon)

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea, sweet, i'm getting an thlon 64bit aswell as soon as my birthday comes up (25th of august btw)

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea great...be sure to post here when u palyed it for a while

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*sticks hand in the air* I've played it! I've played it!

Yeah, one of the scarier games i've played in a while. I've yet to convince myself to play it in the dark with my headphones as I don't really want to have to go out to buy new underwear!

How far along are you Terror? I'm in Delta Labs at the moment...

D
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it suxx0rs #Tongue

stupid plot/story

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One Of A Kind wrote:
How far along are you Terror? I'm in Delta Labs at the moment...

not sure, i got past the bit where u gotta fix the power rod thing. i'm a little bit past that.

I have to keep takeing coffe brakes to remind myself it's just a game....

Last edited by TerroR on Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that looks cool, been looking for something like this pretty much since i started on it, its annoying that they didn't give a light to at least one weapon even if it was dead weak to compensate

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mavrick wrote:
yea, sweet, i'm getting an thlon 64bit aswell as soon as my birthday comes up (25th of august btw)

I've got an Athlon Xp 2500+, but it can be overclocked stable even above XP 3200+ clocks Twisted Evil

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pentium 4 trounces Athlon XP in Doom 3.. but Athlon 64 trounces the P4 Smile

D
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the only diffrence between pentium and amd is that amd is alot cheaper

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean:

"The only difference between Intel processors and AMD processors is that the AMD processors are a lot cheaper"

Smile

D
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its the same thing....

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The game itself is on 3 CDs, right?

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep, and about *checks folder* 1.7 gigs after install so not too bad by all accounts. Oh and Doofy, we could get into Hyper-Threading and a whole bunch of other stuff that makes the P4 different from the Ath XP but what's the point?

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think i've seen in my pc mag that it requires 3 GB of space? 1.7 is insanely low... even Unreal 2k3 requires 2.2 GB..

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

athlon is better at multi tasking, pentiums was intended for commerce, intel got the name out quicker than amd, but amd is known for it's high quality... all of todays processors are reliable, but i wouldn't touch a celeron with a 10 foot pole, asuming i had one...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Athlon has an extremely better brute power than a P4 with the same clock, although P4 has a faster comunication with memory, but it doesn't compensate the Athlon performance. Athlon is much better.

Anyway, this topic is about Doom 3. Honestly, I think Doom 3 is scary because all Doom series are made to be very bloody.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hense the name.... "doom"

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stupid humans..

D
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

right...

was the one of the original doom games on the playstation and u could generate levels with codes?

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nah, the ps ports came out well after the games themselves. Its quite impressive, virtually every console from PS1 downward has a port of doom (even the SNES!) The only level generator I knew of was SLIGE for the pc version, it was pretty well worked too.

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, the SNES version of doom... ultra-low res and SLOW!

btw they even made a doom for Atari 2600 did you know that (it was made by a fan though)

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep, doom was like 1992... i remember my dad would never let me play on it.. so i had to play battle ilse 2 n' 3 instead which is quite a complex game for a 6 year old.. and also the fact it was the first ever stratagy series i played.

Jango
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have anyone tryed the Doomsday engine? you can play the old and wonderful games with OpenGL (maybe direct3d too? i dont remember). The last month I completed "Hexen: Beyong the Heretic". It's worthwhile.

btw I think that in my 333mhz PII the doom3 would go a little "slow"... XD

Tazzy
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My demon computer runs it perfectly, and yes i have played it, Not scary at all. If you get scard of a game there is something wrong there. Just my thoughts

D
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sucks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum