Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:10 am
All times are UTC + 0
A Few Questions to SMIFFGIG
Moderators: SMIFFGIG
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [42 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject:  A Few Questions to SMIFFGIG Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Rocked infantry named as E3 but cameo for it named E4cameo. Is this just a mistake or what?

2. ICBM Laucher (SSM). When its deploed it is without a missle. Missle is an animation. Also i've founded a launch sound for it. Is it meant to be
playable unit?

3. Also, in tutorial.ini i've founded this:
118=Tiberium Missile launched.
123=Proceed with Tiberium Missile destruction.
Was it meat that Nod Pyramid can launch the missle or what?

well its all.. for now.)))

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: A Few Questions to SMIFFGIG Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
1. Rocked infantry named as E3 but cameo for it named E4cameo. Is this just a mistake or what?

Possibility 1, WEEDGUY was originally E3 and E4 was the Rocket Infantry (WEEDGUY was meant to be GDI too remember [quite odd IMO but true])
Possibiltiy 2 as you suggest just a mistake, Rocket Infantry have always been [E3] since TD throught to RA1 and TS. It would be an incosistancy unlike WW's to change this

Gangster wrote:
2. ICBM Laucher (SSM). When its deploed it is without a missle. Missle is an animation. Also i've founded a launch sound for it. Is it meant to be
playable unit?

Tactical Nukes where meant to be Nods superweapon instead of Multi Missilde (TACTICAL Nuke) ill explain what the tactical bit was going to be if your really interested, it wasnt ur bog standard TD/RA1 Nuke but something quite abit more special (worked with the now pretty much defunct campabilities of the Threat Rating Node
The ICBM launcher has alot of things attached to it, suggesting it was going to be more of a playable unit and less of an eye candy unit
Whether or not it was going to be playable as far as to be in Skirmish and the likes is highly debatable

Gangster wrote:
3. Also, in tutorial.ini i've founded this:
118=Tiberium Missile launched.
123=Proceed with Tiberium Missile destruction.
Was it meat that Nod Pyramid can launch the missle or what?

This is from the mission where you have to destroy the Tiberium Missile factories (or something similar, so long since ive played the missions)
I do remember however in the development of TS, early on mentions of a Tiberium Missile rather than chemical
Whether this is leftover (and actually used) or just coincidence im not sure (if i remember correctly there is actually a .aud saying "Tiberium Missile Ready" but my memory may decieve me)

Talking about Tiberium Superweaps, the Meteor Storm superweapon for nod, and meteor showers in general where originally meant to spawn Weed! rather than tiberium, Hence the GDI Weed Clearer unit was around (of course niether the unit, Super weap nor spawning of Weed where implemented into the game) Weed was much more deadly than it is currently and spread much MUCH quicker

Gangster wrote:
well its all.. for now.)))

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you even see a tactical nuke in a GDI FMV ^__^

also in the game, the pyramid of nod is meant to launch the world altering missile but they never made it look cool or something, there wasn't even a count down for it (only for ICBM's)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 Allied General
In what FMV? I cant remember anything similar.

2 SMIFFGIG.

Strange overlays.
Do you know something about this overlays? BARB, WOOD, FENC, BTIB01...12, etc. They are exist but "empty".

Tiberium Types.
*In rules in we can see 4 types of tiberium. But in game only 2(vinifera n curentius are same). What the hell?
*And why blossom tree named as Pirarius?
*Bigblue.shp. Well in FS it was recolored and set like blue-tiberium-spawn-thing. But what was original purpose of it?

Misc question.
What is true pallete for alphatst.shp? fullfnt3.pal?

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
Misc question.

It doesn't use a palette. It simply looks what value each pixel has (0-255) and that determines the level of transparancy. I did a research about this, it's on PPM and TumSun.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
2 Allied General
In what FMV? I cant remember anything similar.

There isnt one

Gangster wrote:
2 SMIFFGIG.

Strange overlays.
Do you know something about this overlays? BARB, WOOD, FENC, BTIB01...12, etc. They are exist but "empty".

BARB, WOOD, FENC are left over from RA1
BTIB01 probably leftover from testing/early internal versions

Gangster wrote:
Tiberium Types.
*In rules in we can see 4 types of tiberium. But in game only 2(vinifera n curentius are same). What the hell?
*And why blossom tree named as Pirarius?
*Bigblue.shp. Well in FS it was recolored and set like blue-tiberium-spawn-thing. But what was original purpose of it?

* Aboerus (sp) is apparently Latin for Red (although this needs confirming) either way it was an additional tiberium which I believe was red however it was disabled in the final version of TS and given identical values to normal blue Tiberium
Even though it was placed on every! official WW map
*erm, Pirarius you sure you aint just made that up Wink
*BIGBLUE (Cruentus) Type tiberium was originally (concept stages) the higheest possible form of Tiberium groth. And unlike ingame, they are giant monoliths. They are highly unstable and when/if they exploded thousands of tiny pieces of tiberium shard would fly out of them (i think this was an alternate way of tiberium spreading, but blue tiberium)
Quite different to the role they actually DO play ingame

On the subject of tiberium types etc, all the so called "NEW" tiberium flora and fauna in Firestorm, was originally intended for TS but was held back for the addon (like many things where and half assed/unimplemented/broken features of standard TS where)

Just think of the orig TS levels with the so called new FS terrain.. anyway

Gangster wrote:
Misc question.

quote ala DVD Wink

-SMIFFGIG

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG,Btib1-12 is the 'Cruentus' tiberium. where there any other tiberium lifeforums planned? and why did we get a giant yellow floater,instead of a decent clear jellyfish?

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

okay not a nuke missile but a nuke explosion at vega's pyramid

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied General wrote:
okay not a nuke missile but a nuke explosion at vega's pyramid

Quite right, i forgot that Wink

You peeps think i should give Nod a NUke instead of Multi missile?

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

..As you seem to have figured out damage radius, why don't you give it a try and see if it's cool.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it would look pretty cool and I'm glad I could help ^__^

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:

*erm, Pirarius you sure you aint just made that up Wink

I think he ment Riparius. Laughing

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: A Few Questions to SMIFFGIG Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
playable unit?

Eeeh... haven't ANY of you finished the TS campaign? Rolling Eyes

They're used in the last mission to destroy Philadelphia. With Nod have to deploy them, with GDI you have to destroy them.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

we know but there is info pointing that is was more then eye candy, infact there were indications of tatical nuclear cability (which is seen in the vega pyramind fmv)

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 SMIFFGIG
Nuke! but instead Meteor storm.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good idea. Instead of making missile fly from the silo, you could make it with an invisible projectile, the warhead anim will be this Meteor/Nuke. But I dunno how to make the 1st stage of a nuke - ascending...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Create a new NAMISL_X,with a large missile flying out,and 'fading' in the atmosphere like the C141 Globemaster does in RoTD,then it comes crashing down...

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There already is a launch anim but it isn't functional. You can't have launch anims for superweapons.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Razz go 2 r@2'z enginez!! tz ub3r m33p!

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

d4M|\| M337 ur r!t3! *scraps TSTW*

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't the missile weapon have a muzzle anim?

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muzzel Anim? what? like when a soilder  fires a gun at somebody? the flash from the gun?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Big Jah wrote:
Can't the missile weapon have a muzzle anim?

Ive tried this and it doesnt work Sad

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is this Tactical you said in your first post in this topic?

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tactical Nuclear Missile he speaks of? its a military term. its used TACTICLY,not launched from big silo,with giant missile,ect. sometimes they can be carried in vehicles. Para-dropped,ect.  a good example is the RA Demo truck. it carries a tactical nuclear bomb,which isnt sheilded 'nuff.

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heh big nuke behind thin cloth=small explosion...

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anything which uses nuclear stuff on a localised mobile style e.g. artillery, SCUD's are "tactical"

The whole "should nuke be brought into TSR" emerged from the nuking of vega's pyramid's ....

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
Tactical Nuclear Missile he speaks of? its a military term. its used TACTICLY,not launched from big silo,with giant missile,ect. sometimes they can be carried in vehicles. Para-dropped,ect.  a good example is the RA Demo truck. it carries a tactical nuclear bomb,which isnt sheilded 'nuff.

The most ever powerful 250-megaton nuke bomb was paradropped.

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why I cant capture NOD or GDI radar ( communication center)

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whaddadya talkin' about? put captureable=true to rules.ini to those buildings. (and this is no tiberian sun editing forum)

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually this is a TSR issue, as in ordinary Tiberian Sun both Radar's are caputurable.
GDI and Nod Radar's were no-longer made capturable due an issue with the spy-infiltration logic, when used in multiplayer.
This issue has been mentioned many many times.

Follow DonutArnold's instructions to reimplement if you wish.

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks dude

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jah wrote:
Carnotaurus wrote:

The most ever powerful 250-megaton nuke bomb was paradropped.

Tsar Bomb, m'yes?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this, tihs is very interresting. I think I'll begin to add these "left-overs" to my mod. I'll try to do research with the Tiberium Misssile

oh, Smiff, can you tell me more about the Tiberium Life that was left out from TS? Like, was there any other lifeforms than visceroid, floater and fiend? or some plants that were left out? It's very interresting to read all what you know about TS Smile

"tell me more, tell me more...Very Happy"

EDIT: Also, does anyone know was the tiberium weed supposed to be black? or has it always been orange? I'd like it more if it would be black...

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
This will be fixed for SP in any future versions of TSR (along with other bugs and inconsistencies)

We can be expecting future versions of TSR, then?

"Banned" RP here

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why this Mole tank doesnt work.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What? What the hell are you talking about?

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in TSR there is a Mole tank it looks like Devils tongue.

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why is the Hummer or Hum-vee invisible in Tiberian sun , only his turret is not invisible.

geekspeek
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

corrupt file.  Re-download.  Happens to me all the time.

This mod is dead!
Ackron wrote:
It would be good if it was better.

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [42 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon