Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:59 am
All times are UTC + 0
Grass maps don't work on multiplayer
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Zeta1125
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject:  Grass maps don't work on multiplayer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I know that in the readme it says that if they won't work to rename the roxdp06 file and I have, and it still doesn't work. The grass maps work perfectly in skirmish, but in multiplayer they always give the same message.

Just to list the things i've tryed:
I've added the rulez.ini file without any changes and the theme file.
I've renamed the rulez.ini file
I've renamed the rodpx06 file without the rulez.ini file and theme
I've renamed the rodpx06 file with the rulez.ini file and theme
I've renamed the rodpx06 file with the renamed rules.ini and theme files
here is a screenshot of the error message, and NO it is not my connnection because that never shows up when i play non-snow (grass) maps.

Here is an image with the same error when I renamed the ropdx06 file

I've even changed the compatability to windows 95 but then it gives this error message

also the new maps (jurrassic island and such) give me the same error message as the windows 95 compatability.

I have no idea what else to do to make snow (grass) maps work in multiplayer, can someone help me, oh and I apologize in advance if there was already a topic just like this one.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hm...

that's strange...
unfortunately I have no idea what could cause this, I got internal errors with the grass terrain but renaming it did help...
but the rotdxp06.mix can't be the problem, or else you would get an internal error while loading the map, it must be something else.

did this happen on every snow/grass map or just some special ones?

about the jurassic and such maps, I can't help there, since I didn't make them (and they don't work for me either).

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont know why Jurassic Island Internal errors. if you have FIRESTORM! that may be it,i experienced the IE problem. Reconnection error is because of your connection. Curse 56K. #Mad

Zeta1125
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a 3.0mbps connection (comcast high speed internet access in Florida) its definately NOT my connection as I explained earlier cause I played the non-snow (grass) maps in multiplayer and they worked just fine, no reconnection error or anything.

This problems occurs with all snow (grass) maps.

I appreciate the feedback.

I have TS and Firestorm, the latest version btw.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also had this problem, until i made a separate directory for RotD with only the files it needs in it. See the screenshot.

RotDdir.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.67 KB
 Viewed:  4949 Time(s)

RotDdir.gif

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to see my JP map in there. Wink you just made a seperate directory and dragged all of those file in? no installation?

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, TS doesn't need any install, just the damn files to run.

Zeta1125
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

those are all the files that this mod needs? (everything you showed in the screenshot) so if i fill a folder with those and have the cd in my computer I can just click on the dawn.exe and expect the snow(grass) maps to work?

Just making sure i get this right, i dont want to ruin it. (keep that picture up plz)

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eeh... there's a lot of stuff there that I don't have... and seeing as "global mix database.dat" (which is a file from XCC) is in there it seems that there's more i that directory than just ROTD.
Also, I don't have any of these MSVCP*.dll files... what're they from? Confused

Anyway... I attached a list with the absolute minimum. With just these files, it WORKS. Don't know if it makes any difference that this is from a FS installation though.

rotd_files.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.36 KB
 Viewed:  4916 Time(s)

rotd_files.gif

Zeta1125
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so i should create a folder and copy those exact files in there and it will run fine you say? (remember my snow(grass) maps work fine in single player, its the multiplayer that gives the error)

anyway thanks for the help guys, much appreciated  Wink

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

does it work Online?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zeta1125 wrote:
so i should create a folder and copy those exact files in there and it will run fine you say? (remember my snow(grass) maps work fine in single player, its the multiplayer that gives the error)

I don't know... I never had these problems. I'm just saying that's my minimum installation. But as you see there this includes the rotdxp06.mix - obviously you can remove that.

Zeta1125
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i made a seperate folder with those things and it tursn out my gmenu was missing, BUT either way i got the same error when i was playing online in a snow (grass) map, crap  Crying or Very sad

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm... I don't know if non-FS users have/need gmenu.mix. Though when I removed it (from my ROTD with FS installed) it caused the main menu to stay in TS style...

Though I distinctly remember getting the file after running the patch.

[edit]
Apparently you don't need the TLB files either.

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the new folder made the snow maps work for me Very Happy and you could have made it work (in theory) for everyone in a much simpler way.

Zeta1125
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i give up

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon