Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
ATTENTION: RoRA
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [54 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject:  ATTENTION: RoRA Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I've recently seen more than one other people that want to make a total conversion of TS or RA2 to RA1.

Well, I want too Wink

Now what I think is, all people interested in doing that should team up. Due to RotD I know that one or two ppl are not enough to make a total conversion in a relatively short time.

It's only a suggestion, but maybe we could use "Return of Red Alert" as name, since RotD has gained some good attention I think, so that would eventually help us getting attention and any kinds of support for an XX2RA1 TC.

However, due to lack of time I would not be able to lead such a team, all I could do is doing parts of the rules/art ini stuff and a few voxels.
I personally think we should do such a TC for RA2 or even YR, since those have many code-improvements and additions over TS that would make the job A LOT easier AND the result a lot better. Plus RA2 is more popular and more wide-spread than TS.

So what do you think?

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the end, RA2 just works better for this. TS doesn't have Chronosphere, Iron Curtain, proper water units etc... I have a project just like this called Red Alert Revival, just haven't kicked it off for real yet. I have some structure 3D models done like the Construction Yard, Service Depot and Ore Refinery... We could always merge and work together!

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If we fix some things, like making tanya allied only, I surely will contribute, now that my mum is finally back from the hospital....

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTENTION: RoRA Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
I know this is a bit off-topic, but I've recently seen more than one other people that want to make a total conversion of TS or RA2 to RA1.

Yes, I was just asking why noone have try to make it.

Reaperrr wrote:

Well, I want too Wink

Seeing and testing RoTD 2.3, I have find a good work, so I think that the future RoRD could be a very beautiful MOD like RoTD is.

Reaperrr wrote:

Now what I think is, all people interested in doing that should team up. Due to RotD I know that one or two ppl are not enough to make a total conversion in a relatively short time.

I hope to be userful in something. You work excite me a lot.

Reaperrr wrote:

It's only a suggestion, but maybe we could use "Return of Red Alert" as name, since RotD has gained some good attention I think, so that would eventually help us getting attention and any kinds of support for an XX2RA1 TC.

However, due to lack of time I would not be able to lead such a team, all I could do is doing parts of the rules/art ini stuff and a few voxels.
I personally think we should do such a TC for RA2 or even YR, since those have many code-improvements and additions over TS that would make the job A LOT easier AND the result a lot better. Plus RA2 is more popular and more wide-spread than TS.

I could add myself to start watching about Rules.ini for balancing. But keep in consideration that before starting with RoRA, is a good idea to proceed with RoTD in order to not compromise the MOD developing.

Reaperrr wrote:

So what do you think?

I think it's a wonderful idea.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually I had a same idea. I love RA1 and I will surely work for RotRA if it will become real.[to Reaperrr -  Well I haven't done anything for RotD cuz I was cut from the internet and re-gained my access just in time for 2.0 version]

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, creating a new TC could be interesting, due to many factors that was characterizing Red Alert 1 (maybe beautiful missions).
Now, it's only to declare if use RA2 or YR to TC. About the RoRA, i think to continue to preserve the way to inserting in TC both AftherMath and CounterStrike units/buildings/missions. Now what is missing is who create the new voxels and shp's for buildings and vehicles.

I will start to take care of Rules.ini when RA2/YR type of game is decided.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to start making civvie building, or maybe some voxels, but its not even confirmed that this project will exist.

Natus
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think its a dam good idea but for RA2 not yr would be best.

Empire Earth: The AI doesn't build their bases in a logical fashion, but has superb offensive and defensive capabilities.
Red Alert 2: The development team was stoned during this part of the programming.

- Geekspeek

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Traitor!#Tongue

If you do decide to start something like this, I suggest we join forces Wink, whoever is interested can contact on msn Smile.

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damnit spidey, you'll put me out of business :/

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YR is a better choice than RA2, you can just disable Yuri. The main reason being YR is more popular, and provides more fun multiplayer settings.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YR? What for?? RA2 already have ALL RA1 logics.. exept SpyPlane Cool

Anyway i can help a bit with this mod.. here an example. If you agreed on such quality then im in

RA stuff.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  94.71 KB
 Viewed:  15188 Time(s)

RA stuff.png

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG The are infuckincredible, but the refinery should be dark (texture like soviet barracks) and unlike the RotD, I dont have a feeling of RA1 when I look at them.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well maybe is looks so coz i've made it for RA2 and keep RA2 style.

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, I've been outdone already #Tongue

I already mentioned the reasons for using YR above. I'm kinda slightly annoyed that you can't choose starting positions, allies and stuff in vanilla RA2...

Well, you've obviously got the modeling issues covered up already. I can help with sound then I guess.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, its RA2 where you can choose your start location and allies in the beginning of a skirmish. The previuos C&C games haven't got this feature... (Thou in RA1 you can make computer allies ingame)

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I don't recall being able to do that in vanilla RA2. I'll verify that ASAP. I know it wasn't in RA1, but the point of the mod isn't to make it 100% accurate, this only expands the multiplayer capabilities in the mod but it doesn't ruin the RA1 feel at all.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A lot of work for one man:  modeling, drawing a texture, texturing, anim8ing..

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You don't have to do it all yourself... I know how to make textures in Photoshop (Applying them is a different issue), and since spiderman_2099 is willing to help out things will obviously get a lot easier.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GeckoYamori wrote:
You don't have to do it all yourself... I know how to make textures in Photoshop (Applying them is a different issue), and since spiderman_2099 is willing to help out things will obviously get a lot easier.

Spiderman agreed to help just under a year ago according to the dates, he has since retired from active modding, AFAIK he just helps out over at derelict studios now

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:21 pm... Tratos, expain please.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A mod like this would be cool, but if it's would be for TS, somethings could be ignored like Chronosphere and Iron Curtain. Or maybe give them another superweapon. Nuke would still work fine.

Anyway, whenever this mod has a leader, I'll create a forum for it here. Unfortunatelly, I might not be able to help as a member of the mod due to the fact that I'm involved with more things that I can handle.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

A mod like this would be cool, but if it's would be for TS, somethings could be ignored like Chronosphere and Iron Curtain. Or maybe give them another superweapon. Nuke would still work fine.

I think that making this mod for TS is not good. Keep in consideration that RA1 is known because it have introduced the Chronosphere and IronCurtain. Making a TC without this superweapons is a no-sense.
About Nuke, i think that RoTD Nuke logic must be exported for RoRA, due to the fact that in RA1, nuke don't release nuke melt after the explosion.
Remember, Nuke, in RA1 was for both Allies and Soviet part.
About Paradrops and Parabombs, I think that we have still some problems with one of them, so, adding an another problem using only RA2, instead of YR (that have spyplane already implemented), could cause a lot of work. Of course, in a TC, you cannot totally respect the version that you are trying to import. In RoTD, for example, Unit Helicopter wasn't in the original C&C1, but this is not a problem. In RoTD, you have a different improved unit so you can change the strategy to finish a campaign.

Gangster wrote:

Anyway i can help a bit with this mod.. here an example. If you agreed on such quality then im in

Seeing the snapshot, I think that those building are still good for a starting TC. Good Work.

Quote:

If you do decide to start something like this, I suggest we join forces , whoever is interested can contact on msn.

I don't have MSN, but I want to join helping you making this mod. As I already said, I can have a look for Rules.ini, to importing all the units/infantry/buildings rules, in a RulesMD.ini. Must only decide who is the boss, and the parts of MOD handle by everyone.

I have still some ideas about Rules balancing. For example, adding to this TC both RA1, Aftermath and Counterstrike, I think that could be a interesting thing adding all the units, in the file. For example, Fuel-Bomb Badger seen in CounterStrike mission, could be added for Skirmish mode, in an high tech level (this is only an idea). Volkov could be a good replace of Tanya for Soviet counterpart and so on.
Someone have other ideas about it?

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll volunteer as leader. I'll do my best to keep everyone together, keep track on who's doing what, hold occasional meetings etc... It would be preferable if everyone had an MSN account, it would make things easier. I have plenty of free time, even while studying.

I can also contribute with general artwork, I'm pretty handy with Photoshop. And I know what looks good and what looks bad #Tongue

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, lead us ))
I dont have MSN account.. but have an ICQ one. My number is 132520473. Any way you can send me emails on gangster"at"dezigner.ru

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

spider-man_2099 hasn't really  "retired" he only does stuff which is interesting and fun for him.

Also how are u gonna implemented camo boxes,  chrono quakes and vortexs?

It a good idea and the RA2 scheme looks excellent (I would suggest the flame tower though to have a shp turret Wink)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could find me in Azzurra.org IRCnetwork, but, i will give my email address to all who join the MOD. About this forum, i see it every 2-6 hours everyday.

About MOD of RoRA, I still have a file for you, but it's only a beta.

Now, to make the point of the situation, our needs is:

- A forum for RoRA project
- Who take care of AI in RoRA
- Who take care of Solo/Multiplayer map conversion
- Who take care of Vehicle Voxels
- Who take care of Building, SHP's and Animations
- 2-3 people that take care of Rules.ini conversion (I'm one of them due the fact that I have already start to make a conversion)

To make the MOD public, an Idea is to open a thread with all the .mix files for a separate download, in order to let all the players with low connections bandwidth to download the files with no problem.

A first version of ThemeMD.ini with all the RA1 musics, is still available for download here. This file still have some bugfix (about Afterlife track that wasn't available in original RA1), but all AftherMath and Counterstrike are missing at this time. This only a beta file, it may contain errors.

thememd.ini
 Description:
ThemeMD.ini of RoRA (only RA1 tracks)

Download
 Filename:  thememd.ini
 Filesize:  2.78 KB
 Downloaded:  225 Time(s)

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Camo pillbox is easy, you just make different theater graphics for it...

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GeckoYamori wrote:
Camo pillbox is easy, you just make different theater graphics for it...

only problem might be that in RA1 the enemy couldn't see the remapables... but maybe we could use the spy- or the miragetank- logic for that?

About the voxels, maybe we could base them off my RotD voxels, because when it comes to the shape, they are good enough I think, it's just the textures that need some improvements, but maybe Big Jah can do that.

The building gfx posted above are really great, only the refinery and powerplant could be a bit better (the - umm, things the smoke comes out of were a bit thinner on the ra1 powerplant, and on the ref the bottom left part was longer), but the rest of the buildings is practically perfect imo.

about wether RA2 or YR, don't forget that YR also supports vehicles crushing other vehicles (we could use that for the mammoth against civ vehicles and jeeps), and the code for Boris' MiGs could be used for the para-bombs. and there are some other improvements that might be helpful as well.

But I agree I should finish RotD first, it needs at least one more update.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I sure want to join... I know almost as much of RA as of C&C1 anyway Smile

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:

About the voxels, maybe we could base them off my RotD voxels, because when it comes to the shape, they are good enough I think, it's just the textures that need some improvements, but maybe Big Jah can do that.

Uhm, we could import Mammoth Tank, Light Tank, APC (and maybe more units, but for now i could remember this one).

Reaperrr wrote:

The building gfx posted above are really great, only the refinery and powerplant could be a bit better (the - umm, things the smoke comes out of were a bit thinner on the ra1 powerplant, and on the ref the bottom left part was longer), but the rest of the buildings is practically perfect imo.

about wether RA2 or YR, don't forget that YR also supports vehicles crushing other vehicles (we could use that for the mammoth against civ vehicles and jeeps), and the code for Boris' MiGs could be used for the para-bombs. and there are some other improvements that might be helpful as well.

Ok, i will take in consideration the use of Boris' MiGs logic for ParaBombs.
An idea that I was thinking for, is to change allied paradrop in normal Paratrooper and american paradrop for ParaBomb, maybe doing some Shp bombs, with suicide logic, as I think for mines (Stealth+Suicide+very short attack range). About V2Rocket RA1 logic, M.A.D. tank and Chrono Tank, there some ideas?

Last edited by PUOJACKZ on Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Arent we jumping the gun a 'lil?

Oh who the hell am i kidding...

Unit List:

Allies:
Light Tank
MediumTank
Mobile Artillery
APC
Mobile Radar Jammer (it can be done in RA2)
Ranger Jeep
Mobile Gap Generator
Longbow
Gunboat
Cruiser
Destroyer
Chrono Tank
Demo Truck
Phase Transport
Helicarrer

Soviet Units:
Heavy Tank
Mammoth Tank
V2 Rocket Launcher
Yakolev 1
MiG 29 Fulcrum
Hind
Transport
Submarine
Missile Sub
Tesla Tank (Shocking!)
Demolition Truck
M.A.D. Tank

Infantry and Misc:
Rifle Soilder(Minigunner is WAY cooler)
Grenader
Flamethrower
Rocket Soilder
Shock trooper
Attack Dog(id say give them to both sides,since in an allied vs allied game,it'd be nice to eat the spies. kthx)
Spy(Bond,James Bond)
Theif
Medic
Mechanic(its possible,it has to be a vehicle using a SHPs image)

Giant Ant
Queen Ant
Badger Bomber (make them controlable? that'd be cool.)
Civilians
Hand of Nod
Kane(just a little cameo in a map?)

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Unit List:

Allies:
Light Tank
MediumTank
Mobile Artillery
APC
Mobile Radar Jammer (it can be done in RA2)
Ranger Jeep
Mobile Gap Generator
Longbow
Gunboat
Cruiser
Destroyer
Chrono Tank
Demo Truck
Phase Transport <--- A modified APC voxel I though
Helicarrier  <-- But for this i have some problem with logic

Soviet Units:
Heavy Tank
Mammoth Tank
V2 Rocket Launcher
Yakolev 1
MiG 29 Fulcrum
Hind
Transport
Submarine
Missile Sub
Tesla Tank (Shocking!)
Demolition Truck
M.A.D. Tank

Infantry and Misc:
Rifle Soilder(Minigunner is WAY cooler)
Grenader
Flamethrower
Rocket Soilder
Shock trooper
Attack Dog ([...] Ok)
Spy (Bond,James Bond)
Theif
Medic
Mechanic (its possible,it has to be a vehicle using a SHPs image)

Giant Ant <-- There are 2 different Ants, Scout and Warrior Ant
Queen Ant <--- Ok, but we will introduce it like a structure (as in CounterStrike) or as a moving unit?
Badger Bomber ([...] we are trying to make it working like RA1 Badger logic)
Civilians
Hand of Nod  <---- ??????????
Kane(just a little cameo in a map?)  <---- ??????????

About units, IMHO, to avoid to remove the uses of an unit, an idea was to introduce, in the main Rules.ini, all the local coded units, for example:

- Kosigin
- Volkov & Chitzkoi
- Stavros
- Nuclear MiG
- Fuel-Bomb Badger
- Prototype version of Tesla Tank
- Nuclear Sub

These units could be deactivate (using TechLevel = -1), but with this type of implementation, you can let an user to use MiGs in the mission where there's Nuclear MiG and so on.

About the solo player mission "Fresh Tracks", the nuclear crate it must be coded locally to mapfile.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kosigin? wtf?
Volkov,i was thinking could be the soviet answer to tanya. instead of both sides having a tanya
Chitzkoi just pimps
Stavros...why?
Nuclear MiG-n00bish
F.A.B. Badger-Why build it in MP? thats what air-strikes are for.
Why do we need a prototype Tesla?

also. the helicarrer would be done like the YR ACC:
Built with 5 pre-established Apache Choppers,that can become vet/elite. the Helicarrier will be a fast unit,that can launch its apaches to strike anywhere on land(as long as its not too far) they would be armed with missiles,go to the target,fire,turn around,alalala.land,re-arm in the Helicarrier,take off again,ect.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
Kosigin? wtf?
Volkov,i was thinking could be the soviet answer to tanya. instead of both sides having a tanya
Chitzkoi just pimps
Stavros...why?
Nuclear MiG-n00bish
F.A.B. Badger-Why build it in MP? thats what air-strikes are for.
Why do we need a prototype Tesla?

maybe because we'll eventually make singleplayer missions? or special game modes using these units? For volkov I would just use Boris and rename it (and of course change his weapon and so on also)

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eeh... as for the mechanic... in RA it was just a guy with a weapon with negative damage and a wahead that only allowed it to target vehicles... is that really so hard to reproduce?

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the Medium/Light tank need to definatly be re-done for this mod. im sorry,but if this is during WWII,a M1A2 running around with a Bradley light tank is just a wee-bit...odd. and reap,we do have a few problems:
M.A.D. Tank(it can only explode on deployment,not the true MAD fashon)
Mine Layer(cant reload,basicly.) Confused

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't you let it deploy to a building that then explodes? Then the build-up animation serves as delay.

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
I think the Medium/Light tank need to definatly be re-done for this mod. im sorry,but if this is during WWII,a M1A2 running around with a Bradley light tank is just a wee-bit...odd. and reap,we do have a few problems:
M.A.D. Tank(it can only explode on deployment,not the true MAD fashon)
Mine Layer(cant reload,basicly.) Confused

It's not as strange in the RA universe. Remember the "real" WW2 never happened so technology progressed much faster. The Allies had GPS sattelite technology during WW2. I think RA1 takes place in the 50s, I remember reading that in the manual.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, technology develops MUCH faster during war, because of weapon research Rolling Eyes

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is true to some extenct, but this is what was stated in the manual.

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About RulesMD.ini, I'm in a good point of work (already have set all the balance and so on...). I have send via PM the file to Reaperrr, but this is only a beta that must be improved/fixed.
About the units that I have underlined before, that idea was to semplify the work for who will make the SoloPlayer maps, and who will test the balancing of the units, without to go in whatsoever place of the file to check if everything is okey.
About Volkov, the idea was to put him as a Soviet Tanya version. For the other let me know what to do, if make them available for Multiplayer purpuoses or not.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still..this is like 20/30 years BEFORE TD. i dont think these exact vehicles would be 'State Of The Art' at TDs time then..

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can Voxel.... I'd need pictures of the units, what they look like... cuz I don't have RA1...

also, TD takes place in the 90s... sooo... 40 years or so...

"Banned" RP here

Natus
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lmao Spidey I said these guys make for RA2 not Yr... dont make it too obvious #Tongue

Empire Earth: The AI doesn't build their bases in a logical fashion, but has superb offensive and defensive capabilities.
Red Alert 2: The development team was stoned during this part of the programming.

- Geekspeek

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mechanic is easily reproduced in YR using spawn short-life particles with negative damage. Shoud work in RA2, but dunno...

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll gladly join the bandwagon and help with this mod. I can do rules editing and a bit of the old cut'n'paste infantry. Plus, I've got pretty good knowledge of RA as it is.

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd prefer it if we just converted the RA1 infantry. Works with RotD, and it really adds to the nostalgic factor #Tongue

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, and besides... inf are WAY TOO HUGE in RA2.

We need to take the original unresized DOS infantry then though... not the crappily resized RA95 ones.

Heck we can just use the ROTD ones; they're the same as the RA1 infantry, and RA2 has the same units palette.

AND JUST TO MAKE THIS ABSOLUTELY CLEAR:
The RA95 inf are not "bigger thus better", they're crappy resizes of the normal small infantry and should thus NOT be used.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actually thought we could resize RA2 infantry down a bit. At least that way we still have better detail on them.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon