Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am
All times are UTC + 0
Merry Christmas! Sneakpeak at the improved main superweapons
Moderators: j4m3sb0nd
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [42 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject:  Merry Christmas! Sneakpeak at the improved main superweapons Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well here we have a sneak peak at the next generation of improved main superweapons.  Twisted Evil

& remember: THEY ALWAYS LOOK 1000× BETTER IN GAME!

Now, ahem, to explain the improvements in descriptive sense:

Ion Cannon Mk2: Lately GDI has seen to it that they upgrade their ion cannon sattelite, due to demand for a more powerful directly focused beam for efficiency, by installing photonic magnification turbines GDI has succesfully created one of the most directly focusable weapons available, it is so powerful & precise in fact, that when it does hit the ground & outlet the precisive energy it literally implodes in the ground, sending out many ion charged particles, & indeed it is quite a brilliant display to see.

Nuclear Multi-Missile: Nod's efforts on the battlefield slowly tire when things dont happen at optimum efficiency; the previous multi missile was a useful  but slowly growing less useful addition, & thus Nod too has had to improvise upon something more advanced in their cause of a superweapon, the nuclear multi missile uses fission technology in a way that when the nukes hit down the radiation will be converted to an almost chain reaction explosion on the atmosphere, the efficiency of this superweapon is some of the best achieved to date.

& now to describe the screenies bottom to top, i am only showing a few screenies as to not ruin the surprise for yourselves. #Tongue

1. Ion cannon, the particles spurt forth at a large radius like a brilliant blue firework, i have a recoloured ring effect but i wont show the screenie because the screenie makes it looks disjointed, which dosnt pay tribute because it looks great ingame.

2. The initial nuke explosion which releases the chainradiation nukes.

3. Pwned! Bigarse explosion. #Tongue

4. As you can see the nuke explosion can explode in random direction each time, due to the fission technology by means the explosives will escape into different directions of the air. You can never get bored with these nukes. Wink

& last but not least, tell me what you think. #Tongue (& yes they are both balanced superweapons in my opinion)

nukecluster_halfwaythrough.jpg
 Description:
It can spread in any direction, quite fun.
 Filesize:  122.9 KB
 Viewed:  38595 Time(s)

nukecluster_halfwaythrough.jpg

nukecluster_pwned.jpg
 Description:
Now thats what i call a huge explosion.
 Filesize:  194.57 KB
 Viewed:  38596 Time(s)

nukecluster_pwned.jpg

nukecluster_initiation.jpg
 Description:
The initiation of the nuclear bomb which lets out a clustering of explosively reactive radiation.
 Filesize:  94.92 KB

nukecluster_initiation.jpg

ioncannonmk2_wowzers.jpg
 Description:
The ion cannon mk2 uses dramatically improved photon magnification turbines to deliver a more direct blast of energy.
 Filesize:  111.84 KB

ioncannonmk2_wowzers.jpg

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that look awsum...them anamations would of come 1st place if u submitted to anim contest

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The nuke is amazing.
The ion cannon is pretty cool too. Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woah!!! OMFG! Your secret with DvD is suspiciously great! I just hope the author of these things really get credited.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks guys! Very Happy

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, they are from another game. Wink

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yeah, & the reason i have not credited the game; these are actually the from the same 'package' TS bought, the one smiffgig found at some site for like 600$, it seems alot of games use these explosions. Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I get your point, but you know these explosions are paid, don't you? They can't be distributed for free Sad.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who cares... and james, what's with the ion cannon particles #Tongue

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee you know theoritcally im not distributing them out to public Wink I am using them rather than disitributing... lol.

DvD, what do you mean whats with the ion cannon particles. #Tongue

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

j4m3sb0nd wrote:
Banshee you know theoritcally im not distributing them out to public Wink I am using them rather than disitributing... lol

You are using them in a publicly accessible product, thus you are distributing them.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok.... You win. #Tongue

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

edit them slightly using the RGB function in shp builder thus making them completely different from the origionals

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the conversion did change the ma lil bit Wink lol, to fit them in i had to change one or two colours aswell.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just put a lameass EULA on ur mod "This game modification is not for public download and is hosted on this site for personal purposes only" etc
You get the idea
Then you are shifting all responsibility to the downloader
EULA's are generally bs anyway #Tongue

nice screenies anyway

P.S; WW used several software packagese for there explosions and the likes
If you have/had the same packages as they did , then you would be able to add some of the superb looking explosions that are displayed in some of the TS Beta shots

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet suggestion Smiffgig Very Happy Thanks for that.

Well,i only have some of the explosions from say one of the packs they had, although hopefully i'll find some more. Wink

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
just put a lameass EULA on ur mod "This game modification is not for public download and is hosted on this site for personal purposes only" etc
You get the idea
Then you are shifting all responsibility to the downloader
EULA's are generally bs anyway #Tongue

nice screenies anyway

P.S; WW used several software packagese for there explosions and the likes
If you have/had the same packages as they did , then you would be able to add some of the superb looking explosions that are displayed in some of the TS Beta shots

rrrrrrrrrrrrright..... and those who host the mod or the forums for public do what? Yes, excelent suggestion, Smiff  Rolling Eyes

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee if that where the case this site would have already been shutdown along with many others
Are modifications permitted for TS/RA2/generals?
Are the use of units/graphics from other games permitted in TS/RA2/generals
Is the use of EA owned artwork allowed to be used in a websites banner without permission ?
Is the name "TS: Total War" allowed to be used even though it is a copyright of Creative Studios "www.totalwar.com"

You know how ridiculous but true these comments are?
I hardly think a huge software company that makes these graphics packs are gunna even notice a modification for a game which is 6 years old. Which is using 3 or 4 explosion animations and is up for download
get real man

And if u dont like the idea of the EULA and it hosted on a site
put it on p2p
eDonkey has a system in which u can give out fixed "ed2k://" liniks to your modification download

The workarounds are endless

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Banshee if that where the case this site would have already been shutdown along with many others
Are modifications permitted for TS/RA2/generals?
Are the use of units/graphics from other games permitted in TS/RA2/generals

- Generals and RA2, officially YES. Generals was made already focusing mod support. RA2 was not made to be modded, although when RA2 site was constantly updated,  Chris Rubyor (the WW community manager in that time) advertised the mod "Blitzkrieg" in one of their official promotional words. As for TS, the WW crew already thanked the effort from Olaf Van Der Spek, Matze and Steve Childs for their programs for modders. EA doesnt take actions against modders of their games, even if they bring one game into the other, because it makes propaganda of their games with no costs at all.

Quote:
Is the use of EA owned artwork allowed to be used in a websites banner without permission ?

- The made website kits for fans... and again, it's promoting their product... they have nothing to loose.

Quote:
Is the name "TS: Total War" allowed to be used even though it is a copyright of Creative Studios "www.totalwar.com"

DvD never copyrighted that name and/or didnt made an exact use of "Total War". What's been done is the same as having one enterprise called "Creative Studios" and other called "Creative Labs" (which owns www.creative.com). Therefore, it's no copyright violation in my honest opinion.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am just going to watch you two argue ok.... Neutral

#Tongue

Alabastra
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love all the destruction on the pics....*-oooo- fire* Very Happy

Last edited by Alabastra on Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BIG Bump! Don`t revive old topic pls.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alabastra
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for sticking up for me!  Smile  And no, I haven't seen your mod yet. Although I would like to. But I am very sorry, I should've check the date before I posted.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, & no no it is fine, i am glad you posted! Do not worry if the thread is old or not, it is not locked so you can post! Wink Smile

Alabastra
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay. But like I said earlier, I am interested in seeing your mod. When and where can I do that? If you don't mind that is. Smile

Painkiller
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These screenshots and improved superweapons are excellent james Very Happy i can't wait for this mod to be released

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Many thanks painkiller for your support! Smile

Alabastra, you can see my mod so far by browsing this very forum Wink  as i have not released it just yet.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice job there J4m3s

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thankye morpher! Smile

VW x frt
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty cool explosions j4m3s!! Very Happy

Thanks to LazerAce7 for the kick-@$$ sig and avatar Smile
MSN Name: fridrikur@hotmail.com
People... i need help for TS Flying Blood.. add me at msn if u wan't to help

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everything is great, but I hate dithering on anims...

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks VW Smile

Lol jah, true that indeed.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you want you could send me those anims (or/and the ones on which you based these) and I will fix them for you. I've already fixed anims for TSR and TO.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tempting, but i would try to fix them first, you mean the fuzzy pixelation around the explosions like that of a lossy .gif right?

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Particulary, yes. You just cant image how good an anim could look.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hehe, well tell me, do you blur them or repaint them or what? because if you blur/delete/ etc. than i could do it. Wink

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, no. Its a complicated process...

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you use a program such as photoshop or after affects?

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rolling Eyes Its not that complicated... You can just take a large hard eraser brush around the outside to get rid of that. Or you can do it the hard way, extrapolate image data inside the dots and just leave it like that.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That sort of what i meant when i said 'do you blur/delete etc.' #Tongue

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ DeathRay - I mean the way I do it. My late  anims always are either 100% pwning or do not exist.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [42 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon