Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:36 am
All times are UTC + 0
GDI Nemesis [TS]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2 [71 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject:  GDI Nemesis [TS] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for your help stinger~!!!

nem2.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nem2.zip
 Filesize:  177.27 KB
 Downloaded:  845 Time(s)

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

holy shit!!!!!!

is it to scale? and can you show mw an Ingame shot??

"Banned" RP here

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG OMG OMG!!! *rolls*

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Godwin
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow...

Paradox
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the top never appeared....anyway
i would say impressive but its only a model turned into a voxel its not like you put down every pixel in the voxel, it looks pretty weird and dodgy ingame too

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that  the problem is  name of the voxel

nem2.vxl (it has a number)

i adjusted,  and then  the  head was came out , but

look at the pic Confused

tiberian sun has  some bug in script.. Mad

we MUST EDIT IT!!! Twisted Evil

nemtop.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.19 KB
 Viewed:  28733 Time(s)

nemtop.jpeg

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You must reduce its size... it's giant.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

paradox wrote:

i would say impressive but its only a model turned into a voxel its not like you put down every pixel in the voxel

No, but he did make the entire model, which is impressive in itself.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

area52 wrote:
I think that  the problem is  name of the voxel

nem2.vxl (it has a number)

i adjusted,  and then  the  head was came out , but

look at the pic Confused

tiberian sun has  some bug in script.. Mad

we MUST EDIT IT!!! Twisted Evil

Did you know the 3 letter word? SHP???? You can actually animate it and take pictures from it and put it in the SHP Builder and rezise it if you want. Just don't make huge Voxels. Make SHPs instead, like the core defender (wich is a rendered SHP).

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how to resize it smaller??

DedmanWalkin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In 3ds2Vxl you will need to adjust the Voxel Resolution to a much smaller number. The Resolution seems to control the size. So maybe use 3/4 of what you used originally. The only bad thing is that you will have to reload each VXL.

Or you could make an SHP but I have no idea of how to do that.

Is it possible to use .3ds for .shps?

\\//,DedmanWalkin

rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow Surprised
that voxel is impressive
I didn't think you were going to actualy put that model ingame
I thought you were just modeling it cos you were a fan of C&C

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can you see how this vxl looks in RA2. i'm concerned about the random weird colored dots. i don't know why this happens and i want to find out about it. and what viewer is the animation from?

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don't have the RA2

but, i know what you mean

don't use the checked one

dontusethis.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.82 KB
 Viewed:  28602 Time(s)

dontusethis.png

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

congratulate!!!

i resized my mech and transplanted successful

but,

do you know  how to change the offset with 'art.ini' ??

(secret of success)

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yah i already knew this and i designed 3ds2vxl to use only those colors but still this error is happening.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ha! you're hilarious. you don't even wait for my answer and you redo the VXL coz you'll have to redo it again when i fix this bug.

anyway maybe there are still invalid colors that we don't know about. i know a way we can test. try to use that dontusethis.png as a texture on a box or rectangle model that get's converted to VXL then look at it ingame and see if any of the colors in that texture change to weird colors ingame.

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have no idea,

i can't see anything?

what's the problem

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nem2 Vs M1A2...M1A2 Runs like its never ran before *Motions to the Photo with Nem2 and M1A2* xD

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great, can you put a dl link plz. I wanna kill core defender with this monster!

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

huh! i think i was fail to recognize a big name..

ho, 'ViPr' didyou made the software '3ds2vxl'?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, he did.

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sad  but it need some adjustment...

nemvxl.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nemvxl.zip
 Filesize:  186.18 KB
 Downloaded:  1324 Time(s)

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah i want to find out why those weird colored dots are appearing. i know Haydn said it would happen if you use certain colors from the palette. either my program is accidentally picking out colors that i've tried to prevent it picking or maybe the colors we think are ok to pick are not ok or maybe there's some other reason entirely.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

area52 wrote:
congratulate!!!

but,

(secret of success)

OMG  Surprised  Surprised

That's the best voxel ever.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That thing's AMAZING!!!! 8-D

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

area52 wrote:
congratulate!!!

but,

(secret of success)

Cool, now all we need is an EVA core and a bit of missioning then we can make a new x-pack with eva betraying GDI and the Humans. This will be the last mission EVA core defender. LOL! Im joking. Laughing

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What are those white panels? BFG Railguns?

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It must be a conversion error. Either that or it wasn't correct and Area 52 changed it. But i think it's the skin, he must have changed it.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think maybe he took the hazard plates away because in 3ds2vxl if you have multiple surfaces that are very close together they blend or mix. so for example if you make a model of a person that is naked and put clothes models over their skin and voxelize it then the naked skin will sometimes show on top of the clothes or blended with the clothes. same thing happens with wings or fins if they are thin enough then both sides will mix together.

he needs to make those hazard plates thicker or more distanced away from the surface, or make the voxel higher resolution, or he needs to boolean those plates with the surface they are intersecting to cut away the surfaces under the plates to prevent overlapping.

btw this same exact phenoma also happens in renderings if the zbuffer is not accurate enough or multiple triangles are in exactly the same place.

ther other reason could be that those stripes didn't look right. when i first saw them on the vxl i didn't realize they were stripes. i thought there where a bunch of yellow missiles sticking out. maybe if the increased the supersampling level it would help make small details more recognizable.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[qote="alexo5"]Cool, now all we need is an EVA core and a bit of missioning then we can make a new x-pack with eva betraying GDI and the Humans. This will be the last mission EVA core defender. LOL! Im joking. Laughing[/quote]

Impossible. EVA isn't as advanced as CABAL. if you had played the Nod campaign, you would know that

"Banned" RP here

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While it looks fantastic in its current state, is it possible to have a version that would fit better in the game?

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

btw which normals format is this VXL using? the TS or RA2 version? and do RA2 normals really work in TS? did these weird random color dots appear when the voxel was just voxelized from 3ds2vxl or only after it got animated in the editors?

apart from those random colored dots this VXL looks amazing i can't believe it's a VXL.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams wrote:
alexo5 wrote:
Cool, now all we need is an EVA core and a bit of missioning then we can make a new x-pack with eva betraying GDI and the Humans. This will be the last mission EVA core defender. LOL! Im joking. Laughing

Impossible. EVA isn't as advanced as CABAL. if you had played the Nod campaign, you would know that

I know what, i was only joking. Don't think something like EVA would react like Cabal. I've already finished both FS campaigns 2 times. And that was only a joke (the thing you quoted from me).

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know that... I just wasn't sure if you knew...

"Banned" RP here

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

huh, i was stupid!!!!!!

WTF!!

it needed just change the turret offset!!!

(i have thought it all the day long so i've got a idea about SHP turret and etc but now it Bcame useless,,)

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it cuts out too

i should make a SHP turret

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and i don't have a 3DS

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why do you want to make a SHP turret? this VXL is like one of the best proofs that VXLs can look really good.

what supersampling level and resolution did you use btw?

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
area52 wrote:
congratulate!!!

but,

(secret of success)

OMG  Surprised  Surprised

That's the best voxel ever.

Well you know what they say, the bigger, the better and badder. Very Happy

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kick ass

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Denmon
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

could you resize it to maybe just a bit bigger than the mammoth mkII

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Resizing a bit would be good, but you should also make the MMK II bigger.. I'm used to TSTW's mmkII now and i giggle like a girl everytime i see the original.. actually i don't giggle but you get the idea.

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah.... the mkII is tiny

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DvD. RELEASE the mk2. Razz teh regular TS one sucks.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the mammoth should have feet bigger than a nod buggy FACT

D
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shrinking that voxel any more would make it look shizz0r :/

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nOW ONLYnod AND FORGOTTENS NEED GIANT ROBOT!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stfu gufu...

anyway NICE VOXEL area52 thats frigging amazing

btw give it
Code:
IsCoreDefender=yes
this works even if you dont have firestorm but have latest patch

This will give it a large selection box, which it needs  Cool
GREAT WORK

Phatdaddymac99
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you post a rule and art entry for it because i don't have a clue what to put for something that big.

Pic and sig made by LazerAce7

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2 [71 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon