Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Superweapon Q's
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well you seem to be an expert at this superweapon thing, so tell me something before I go screw my TS game up, this has to do with the drop pods, if I were to change the drop pod locomotor to that of a normal aircraft fly locomotor (EX: Orca Fighter Locomotor), will that give me an airstrike SW Question , just going to mess with the idea and see what happens Cool

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sincerily... I've never tried that, but I think that it will give you some trouble like internal error, because the fly locomotor sorta starts in the ground to go to the air (droppod does the inverse)...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I´ll check his mod as soon as I can...

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have another wild idea, theres really not a whole lot you can do with the EMP SW right?, but I thought maybe you could replace the EMP cannons image with that of a missile silo, like the one from the first Red Alert, you know how the cannon raises a little before it fires the blast, have the silo door slide back then watch the missile fly out of it, you would have to replace the image of the EMP projectile with a missile . I was just wondering, would there be anyway to make the EMP blast destroy units & structures instead of just disabling them. One more thought, was the EMP weapon once the old nuke from RA? Confused

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you change the primary weapon of your EMP Cannon building, it will fire the weapon you've put there... btw, the Advanced Tech Center is a forum about researches and you're writting moding q's, so I'm splitting this topic and moving it to its proper forum.

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My bad, just figured it was the best place for that. Rolling Eyes #Robot

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't make the EMP blast actually destroy anything unless you create a whole new weapon for the EMP cannon. The EMP logic uses the damage allocated to the weapon as the duration of the EMP effect, it doesn't do actual damage. In order to make the EMP damage stuff, you'd have to make a new weapon with the same animations but with a different warhead (or alternatively just edit the existing weapon)

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#Microwave to make EMP cannon both damage&disable you'll need to to put the line Damage=whatdouwant in art.ini in [PULSEFX01] and [PULSEFX02]

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oops! Good point, forgot you could do that

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I replaced the EMP weapon with a new nuclear missile, very basic editing I thought, all I did was replace some of the images for the cannon itself and the projectile, warhead and such, but it DOESN'T WANT TO WORK, WTF, heres all my codes:

[SpecialWeapons]
HSBuilding=GAPLUG,NATMPL
;EMPulseWarhead=EMPuls
;EMPulseProjectile=PulsPr
EMPulseWarhead=NuclearWH
EMPulseProjectile=ICBM

[NAPULS]
Image=NAMISL
Name=Nuclear Missile Silo
Strength=2500
Armor=concrete
Prerequisite=GARADR,GATECH
TechLevel=10
Sight=8
Adjacent=2
Owner=GDI
Cost=5000
Turret=no
Points=100
Power=-200
Sensors=yes
Crewed=yes
;ROT=12
EMPulseCannon=yes
SuperWeapon=EMPulseSpecial
;Primary=EMPulseWeapon
Primary=NuclearMissile
Explosion=TWLT026,S_BANG24,S_BRNL34,S_CLSN42,S_TUMU30
MaxDebris=5
;TurretAnim=NAPULS_A
;TurretAnimZAdjust=-100
ThreatPosed=50
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys,BigGreySmokeSys
DamageSmokeOffset=350,125,100
HasStupidGuardMode=false

[MultiCluster2]
Damage=100000
ROF=80
Range=18
Projectile=Invisible
Speed=100
Warhead=HE
Burst=2
Report=MISL1

[NuclearMissile]
Damage=100000
ROF=80
Range=100
Projectile=ICBM
Speed=20
Warhead=NuclearWH
Report=ICBM1

[ICBM]
Arm=2
High=yes
VeryHigh=yes
Cluster=100
Proximity=yes
Ranged=yes
AA=no
Image=MISLCHEM
ROT=4
Color=Grey
Airburst=yes
AirburstWeapon=MultiCluster2
IgnoresFirestorm=no

[EMPulseSpecial]
Name=Nuclear Strike
IsPowered=true
RechargeVoice=00-I154
ChargingVoice=01-I362
ImpatientVoice=01-I364
SuspendVoice=00-I356
RechargeTime=.01 <testing
Type=EMPulse
SidebarImage=ChemIcon
Action=EMPulse

Just before the weapon fires, the game freezes and then just cuts off completely and takes me back to the desktop, look very closely at my code, and tell me if Im doing anything wrong here because frankly I don't see why it shouldn't work

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ICBM is a name already used in the game. Try renaming that. Also, the special weapons part doesnt need to be changed. Also, keep the ROT line in your building...I think this might help...

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I HATE Trial and Error, too impatient, anyway I got the missile to fire, but when it airburst I get that annoying "Internal Error" message "BS" will the game not take a different type of cluster missile weapon, Im not trying to create a new SW, since its impossible to do so. heres my code once again:

[NukeCluster]
Damage=5000
ROF=80
Range=30
Projectile=InvisibleProj
Speed=100
Warhead=HE
Burst=2
Report=MISL1

[NuclearMissile]
Damage=100000
ROF=80
Range=1000
Projectile=LRBM
Speed=20
Warhead=NuclearWH
Report=ICBM1

[LRBM] <same as MultiMissile
Arm=2
High=yes
Cluster=100
Proximity=yes
Ranged=yes
AA=no
Image=MISLCHEM
ROT=4
Color=Grey
Airburst=yes
AirburstWeapon=NukeCluster
IgnoresFirestorm=no

[InvisibleProj] <same as HeatSeeker
Arm=2
High=yes
Shadow=no
Proximity=yes
Ranged=yes
Image=none
ROT=8

Keep in mind that I tested the same thing on the MultiMissile weapon itself, projectile and warhead everything and didn't have any problems there, it actually looked almost exactly like the same as how the RA1 nuke explosion looked except for the airburst thing. what Im trying to do is is make the multimissile comepletely separate from my MultiNuke cluster weapon, so that Nod can keep their MultiMissile and ChemMissile, and GDI has a bad ass Nuclear weapon, SO WHY WON'T MINE WORK Twisted Evil #evil Question Question Exclamation Exclamation Confused Confused <can you tell how mad Im getting

I know all this may sound newbish Rolling Eyes and believe me Im trying my best to figure this out on my own all I need is a little push in the right direction

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I 'spose its hardcoded not 2 use airburst. Just make a simple nuke (not cluster). This will work, I promise Smile

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This might be a very stupid question but have you given your NukeCluster weapon to a unit. Check the [WEEDGUY] entry in the rules.ini for details.

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think its just crazy enough to work. Shocked

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HELL F***** YEAH Shocked Razz Finally got a true ThermoNuclear Weapon to work in Tiberian Sun, except for being an airburst weapon, It works in every way it did in the origional RA and C&C TD, the collateral damage, everything, then again thats how todays nuclear weapons work, they airburst over their designated targets Twisted Evil

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

does it flies to target as mulimissile?
or does it fly up and down?

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Flies to the target like a multi or chem missile, I may be mistaken but I think I once came across a german TS mod that had a super weapon with a missile that shot strait up then down like in RA. Seems these foreign mod makers know how to make really good mods.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, in my superweapon test, I made a Banshee´s Meta Bomb, which is a plasma with 2 airbust weapons. It worked, however, I had 9 of these in my recent tests... I used a new infantry (clone of WEEDGUY) which I called BANWEED. So, I´m just saying that you dont need to screw your weedguy and be limited into only one airburst. All you need is to know how to apply it and have the number of clusters you want. My meta-bomb slowed down the game a lot #Tongue...(Duron 950Mhz in about 3fps)

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BANWEED, sounds like something I smoked at party one night Laughing, anyway thats beside the point, I did the same exact thing for my nuke, created another place holder unit, (WEEDGUY2) now Nod retains their origional multi and chemical SW's and GDI now has their very own nuclear SW, at the cost of the EMP SW, but I never used it anyway. Im still going to see if I can get an airstrike superweapon using the droppod Special, more than likely like you said Im probably going to get an internal error but its worth a shot.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There´s a high chance of working...it really seems to be possible... Reduce the infantry that comes with DropPod to 0, improve the crappy weapon used on it and you may have a start...

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking if I were to replace the Droppod Locomotor with the normal fly locomotor and change the tag "landable=" to no it might work. Im going to try it now.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good luck... yet I think it will give an internal error...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon