Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:41 am
All times are UTC + 0
Smokey's Valley [2-4]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject:  Smokey's Valley [2-4] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[OFFICIAL SUBMISSION FOR OPEN MAP COMPETITION #2]

Map Name: Smokey's Valley
Author: Wes.com
Rating On Last OMC: 67%
Position On Last OMC: 4th
Players: 5

Ratings:

Map Layout: 24%/30%
Eye Candy: 27%/30%
Playability: = 23%/30%
Triggers: 8%/10%
-------------------------------------
Overall Score: 82.0% --> [SPOTLIGHTED & NEW RECORD]

The DVD's Position: 1st - 86.0% (BEST)
Dewman's Position: 3rd - 80.0%
Froggy's Position: 1st - 80.0% (BEST)
-------------------------------
Final Position: 1st (CHAMPION)

Comments (Note: all maps were submitted to judges anonymously to avoid biased reviews, so the judges had no idea of who submitted the map, exception for The DvD who noticed some of the mapping characteristics of the author in the map):

-> The_DvD:

Map Layout: 8 The overall map is incredible, There's this huge crack in the middle of the map but it's integrated into the layout of the map (hard to explain but you'll see it). Certainly a lot of planning went into this map. I do have a complaint though. In the bottom-left corner there are two bases right next to eachother. Ofcourse, by just starting with 4 players you won't have a problem as the game automatically positions all players as far away from eachother as possible, but still, I'm not sure why this was done. There is also this part of the map with waterfalls that really don't make much sense at all.

Eye-Candy: 10 My god. There isn't a single CELL in this map that's not detailed it seems. The lighting is perfect. The tiberium pit is great and there are some nice smoke fumes coming out of crashed meteors. The cliffs are very complicated and look great. Congrats, Wes (yes I know this is your map, just looking at the tiberium patches #Tongue)

Playability: 8 Apart from the base position problem i talked about in the Map Layout section, there isn't much to complain about. Bases are easily reachable with at least three entrances that are too far away to build real defenses there,but you're good points to defend with when you use units for defence.

Triggers: 8 There are many tiberium triggers, like in some other maps, so I'd rate this 5/10 for the triggers, but these meteors add something to the map, they make the central are that is chock-full of tiberium very dangerous.. if you want the real money it's a bet Wink

Overall: 86%

-> dEw_MaN:

Map Layout: 8/10 For the most part the map was laid out very well, however in some places it seemed to look boring where the same thing was repeated over and over to take up space.  Also the train tracks at the very top wern't all that good looking.
Eye-Candy: 9/10 Map was full of detail.  Train was an exellent touch, along with the old looking urban and neutral base areas.
Playability: 7/10 Each player had a great amount of room to build the base, while the area looked realistic (ie. not just plan flat on template ground).  One of the starting locations was placed oddly in the "bottom-left middle" and wasn't the best to play agenst.
Triggers: 8/10 A nicely tuned set of triggers were made to make the train move around the map.  Meteor showers occured OFTEN, which was timed out very nicely.

-> Froggy:

Layout: 8
Eye Candy: 8
Playability: 8
Triggers: 8 {Avarage of DVD's and dEw_MaN's}
Overall: 8

- nice train trigger
- very detailed, no real imbalance issues

Contestant Words When Submitting:

-  here is my map for the OMC.
ones again, judges enjoy Wink

Wes.Com.

preview3.jpg
 Description:
Smokey's Valley in game screenshot! Drool, baby, drool!!!
 Filesize:  417.55 KB
 Viewed:  47987 Time(s)

preview3.jpg

s valley.zip
 Description:
Smokey's Valley, for download!

Download
 Filename:  s valley.zip
 Filesize:  230.57 KB
 Downloaded:  4569 Time(s)

Last edited by Banshee on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Comments and results posted. Congratulations for Wes, our new winner Very Happy

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, i realize i completely forgot to include the train trigger in my trigger ratings Neutral

Anyway congrats Wes. I still think James' map is just as good though. (I get the idea you agree with me #Tongue)

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm yes well done Smile I like the fact that every cell is textured Wink (like my map #Tongue) & lol @ DvD. Very Happy

Dad_A_Tude
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats Wes. Had a feeling this OMC was yours. Wink

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks all, i was hoping to get in the top 3.
but first is better Very Happy

and this probably meens even better maps next OMC Smile (i hope)
tho dont copy my style to much #evil Wink
but DO use the same tiberium patches plz

i still have to check alot of the maps, but the ones i have seen where great! nice to see TS maps r getting better all the time.

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wes, it might be an idea to do your tiberium patches different next time... As soon as I saw tiberium I knew it was your map, lol.

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol yeah i know, but i like it that way looks cool IMO.
but u never know.

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, that map is amazing. Very Happy
Great job, wes! Smile

Audjo
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good job buddy. Smile

ill try next OMC...actually, ill getta head start... Very Happy
lmao, ill start ina few minutes. Smile i will enter, give yall a run for your money....

knwing me, ill still enter it in last minute in the next OMC...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
LazerAce7
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: smoke Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow how did you add smoke?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
D
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks good from what i can c with the screen shots

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dooffy=D? That is one ownage sig pic you got there..

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: smoke Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lazerace7 wrote:
wow how did you add smoke?

magic  Wink

just open my map in FS, and look at the triggers, u'll find it. (i'm to lazy to explain)

nice to see u guys like my map Very Happy
it was alot of work about 2 months of work (with alot of breaks tho), and one month of testing and adding stuff.
i told u guys i was gonna give it a 100% Razz

EDIT: o any of u seen the billboards, not much but still READ THEM Exclamation  Wink

D
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Dooffy=D? That is one ownage sig pic you got there..

i know  Cool

Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon