Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
GTNK Reborn. [RA2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [48 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject:  GTNK Reborn. [RA2] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remade the Allied Grizzly Main Battle Tank. I think it looks much better, but probably won't be that noticeable in-game.

I can't get a in-game shot because I can't get voxels to work in RA2. Any help would be appreciated.

I will be improving the RA2 voxels. If you want a certain one done first, PM me.

GTNK.zip
 Description:
Readme and HVA files included.

Download
 Filename:  GTNK.zip
 Filesize:  17.05 KB
 Downloaded:  581 Time(s)

"Banned" RP here

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures Laughing

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: GTNK Reborn. [RA2] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams wrote:
I can't get a in-game shot because I can't get voxels to work in RA2. Any help would be appreciated.

and a OS:VV shot would be pretty usless...

"Banned" RP here

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pic pics!

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what do you want? It's not much improvement. I just fixed it, by making it slightly more mirrored. I just fixed the turret and body. I left the barrel alone...

Getting a shot in OS:VV would be usless... pretty much...

a .CSF editor MIGHT help in getting those pics... *hint*

"Banned" RP here

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ugh that is horrible and ugly Surprised Confused

Last edited by Liek ZOMG X 2 on Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total

- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just few clik Confused

gtnk.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.59 KB
 Viewed:  22864 Time(s)

gtnk.jpg

Fight for the freedom side, March with the Imperial War Machine or Conquest for World Domination
https://www.facebook.com/YRZH.Mod/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/yr-zero-hour

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Argh so many bits n bobs its horrible.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok... Confused It's not that much different than the original...  It's better if looked diwn at, from the top, minus the turret...

BTW, the turret isn't supposed to be that far forward...

"Banned" RP here

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the additions. Very nice work.

Also, cabal, shut up. You can't make anything half that good.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Denmon
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG try making something good dude!!! not just those tiny thingys
And fenring when did you start using ppm?? never seen ya here before

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking at Fen's profile, I'd say "12 May 2003"... Also why do so many here have such trouble staying on topic/looking up easy info on their own/generally thinking?

<Sigh>

@Geno.
It's nice to see somebody finally trying to make the Grizzly a little more defined. I do think that 'tidying' it up is a good idea, but two things strike me - (1) Ingame shots are 100% more useful, especially as everyone is familar with this voxel ingame (allowing a better comparison to be made), and (2) The surfaces need 'cleaning' up and sharpening, as there is a lot of detail on the Grizzly that blurs it's outline too much.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: GTNK Reborn. [RA2] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh, and Gilbear, I did the GTNK, not Genobreaker. He just got me the shot.

Tyler Adams wrote:
Tyler Adams wrote:

and a OS:VV shot would be pretty usless...

I don't know how to do ingame shots in RA2.

you have to modify the .CSF file, am I wrong?

also, everything that was there, stayed there. I just aligned, mirrored (by hand, not an easy thing to do), and reapplied Smooth Normals. Simple

"Banned" RP here

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry Tyler, I meant you #Tongue

Basically, you just put the unit in the RA2 directory, and make sure it is coded into the Rules and Art ini files. Or, to make things easier, just rename your test unit to overwrite an existing RA2 one (so "Apoc.vxl" would replave the Apocalypse tank for example).
You then start up the game and build the units as normal. To take a screenshot, press "Ctrl + C" in Ra2, and "Shift + S" in YR.

Really, if you plan to make a lot of voxels, you should set up a "test-rig" for ingame pix with the ini files, a dummy name for any unit, an entry for a ship, a tank and a jumpjet air unit, as well as plain maps and a rigged tech tree.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

btw [apoc] is rules entry, but the art entry is [mtnk]

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh, shows how much I actually play/use the unmodded RA2...

TCs were the best thing to happen to RA2 IMO, lol!

shadowfx78
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What bout my fixing of the grizzly????

I know it needs to be lighter so im working on that as i write this

grizzly.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  165.27 KB
 Viewed:  22763 Time(s)

grizzly.png

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it looks more grey than allied blue, is a different style to the WW stuff, and doesn't look like either the Cameo or the ingame version...

On the other hand, it does seem like a competent voxel, even if the normals need work and the unit is a bit dark overall (which you've already said you're fixing).

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm it looks more like a total remake of it....

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="Fenring"]I like the additions. Very nice work.

delete this post

Last edited by Liek ZOMG X 2 on Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey they pretty good indeed.

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sweet

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That carrier isn't that much of an edit.

ok, I'll admit that that destroyer is better that any boats that I made.

Ingame shot.(yes, I know it's screwed up. I can't get it to work, I put all three HVAs in the RA2 directory. Ah, well, at least I got it to work)

well I hate this forum. I can't show PCX files. I'll fix it tomorrow.

"Banned" RP here

shadowfx78
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well Major_Gilbear i didnt say it was a fix up its my version and i think it does look like the cameo.  and what do you mean by different style of course its for my mod and there arent many westwood voxels in it anyways

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ shadowfx78:

I *know* it is scratch-built, and that it is for your mod, and that your tank and your cameo match each other  Rolling Eyes

I'm saying that it doesn't look like the original Grizzly; either ingame or cameo.  Since you said it was your "fixing" of the Grizzly, I felt that these were relevant comments; it would need to fit in with the other official voxels, and yours clearly doesn't.

I take it then, that your "fixing" has also encompassed the other WW voxels so that all are now in the same style (even if different to the originals)?

@ Cabal901

Those ships aren't exactly worth shouting about. I mean, they are better than many efforts, but are still a long way from "good"  Confused  
Also, show ingame screenies instead of VV shots; I couldn't give a toss what they look like in VV, as they will only be seen/used ingame. No ingame pix: no proof that your unit will look even half-way decent to ppl playing the game with it.

That last comment applies to all those lazy SoBs who only show VV shots too!

shadowfx78
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes Major you are correct in thinkin that bout the other ww voxels, i am working on them and if not totally replacing them.  

I didnt understand what you mean by the cameo n the voxel itself but now i do i apologize.

I have begun to realize the value of ingame shots, the unit may look absolutely pristine in VV but look like total crap ingame.  I should know i have had that exact problem....

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, I'll get an Ingame shot when I can convert the PCXs to something that these forums read.

"Banned" RP here

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams wrote:
That carrier isn't that much of an edit.

It may not be much of an edit be it sure looks cool.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

err, right... Rolling Eyes

"Banned" RP here

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

note i did not rip the land carrier and hover destroyer.

any 1 can make vxl look like that

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: OUTRAGE Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am Cabal's older brother. I am the true creator of the SS Land Carrier and Hover Destroyer.

carrier.png
 Description:
SS Carrier.
 Filesize:  207.75 KB
 Viewed:  22455 Time(s)

carrier.png

sshovdest.png
 Description:
The Hover Destroyer in Game
 Filesize:  34.61 KB
 Viewed:  22454 Time(s)

sshovdest.png

Last edited by EVA-251 on Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:10 pm; edited 3 times in total

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WERE IS YOUR PROOF THAT I COPIED THEM COME EVA STFU MAKE MY LIFE WORSE WILL YA STFU

AND Welcome to ppm hAVE AN HORRIBLE TIME HERE
BTW WERE R THE PIC I POSTED IN THIS THREAD

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

busted...

thanks to me, of course...

"Banned" RP here

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am sorry about your topic.

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

err tyler now im not let;s drop this and continue gazing at awe super huge f-17 i made

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

F-17??? where? and what is a F-17?

SHow me a pic of a real F-17 and a pic of your voxel of it...

"Banned" RP here

Last edited by Tyler Adams on Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At least i can do cameos

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could, I just wasn't really working on it...

BTW, at least show doesn't defy gravity on MY buildings..

"Banned" RP here

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What buildings

by show u mean snow right

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think he means F-15

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

F-15, that I can believe. AFAIK, the US mil hasn't developed a F-17, or it's a Top-Secret Superfigher, which I doubt..

and cabal, YES, I mean snow, not show... I haven't released my Heli-pad, it's a modified nod Helipad to look like the TD one... I have yet to do the snow anims....

"Banned" RP here

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn the f 15 to ztyping big

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just saw the voxel. It is a monster! its XYZ dimensions, 2 of them are over 100, and one is around 200! The vertical height is larger than a TS scale tank!  It does not fit in HVA Builder!

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PM me it... I wanna see it...

"Banned" RP here

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude, im about to wipe out half this thread you babies. Shutup everyone.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cabal and EVA? Ohhh boy!!!!!

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[Spam] that could make interesting porn[/Spam]

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [48 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!