Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
RotD Download Comments
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [203 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Tesla7zap
Stormbringer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject:  RotD Download Comments Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you post some screenshots please?

Tesla - Where positive energy meets negative energy

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tesla7zap
Stormbringer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks buddy!

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent stuff! I'm adding to TS: SW now.

Tesla7zap
Stormbringer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By FAR one of the best modifications for C&C Tiberian Sun. It's so good I might even review it for cc.gamingeye.com (Swedish though).

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please, do it!

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll download it when I've finished d ownloading energy mod... need screenshots for the interview (speaking of interviews how is the ppm one coming along banshee?)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's done it's done it's done Very Happy

thx for this mod...man it's so cool to be back playing cnc...

i even set my resolution for maximum retro-feeling! Very Happy

retro.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.11 KB
 Viewed:  70137 Time(s)

retro.jpg

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lugia345
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

This is a great MOD!
But i have 1 "bug" found. Normal you need a Weapons Factori to build the IonenUplink Staion and in your mod is this not fall Wink

Sorry for my Bad english i am from Germany^^

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good god,that IS retro-feeling. so cramped....what resolution is that? i need to buy a new TS game. crappy thing..-_-

Natus
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ownage

Empire Earth: The AI doesn't build their bases in a logical fashion, but has superb offensive and defensive capabilities.
Red Alert 2: The development team was stoned during this part of the programming.

- Geekspeek

dawkeb
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Theres 1 thing in that patch.
You can make visceroids on GDI with prise of 1$.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, there's plenty of easy stupid bugs they added.
1-WTF??? Visceroids for GDI at 1$
2-WAR FACTORY can be built without any prerequisite!!!!
3-ARGGHHHH!!!!! Why can't i play on snow terrain!!! (internal error when loading on a snow map)

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex05 wrote:
Well, there's plenty of easy stupid bugs they added.
1-WTF??? Visceroids for GDI at 1$
2-WAR FACTORY can be built without any prerequisite!!!!
3-ARGGHHHH!!!!! Why can't i play on snow terrain!!! (internal error when loading on a snow map)

@1+2: jaja i already told reaperrrrr and i guess it won't take long to 2.2 Wink

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

woah... cool

Will this work with Firestorm? I installed some old version on my TS before, with FS installed, and never got any problems in-game...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It works perfectly with Firestorm. I've tested that myself Wink

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just played it. Awesome man Smile

I do have some remarks... it's kinda odd that a bunch of Apaches kills a guard tower in no time.
And generally I think everything breaks kinda easily compared to C&C1.

Alex05 wrote:

I only got that when running in Win95 compat mode.

[edit]

Oh, and that hex edited executable is a stroke of genius, Reaperrr Smile

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:

Could anybody tell me more about that? *goes play TotD now*

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the help, nyerguds. BTW, why does the conyard give power? Laughing

EDIT: i'm attaching the rulez.ini file so you can play the game without the mentionned bugs. Very Happy

EDIT2:Oops forgot a tag on the visceroid. Razz

rulez.ini
 Description:
Fixed rulez.ini for ROTD 2.1

Download
 Filename:  rulez.ini
 Filesize:  285.87 KB
 Downloaded:  921 Time(s)

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations! You created the first game i've run on my new pc that was able to bring the framerate below 5 FPS! #Tongue

Seriously, this mods kicks ass. It's going to be hard for me to match that new terrain in the next release of TSTW #Tongue (awaits an OS TMP Editor, btw!)
The Nod airfield remains one of the nicest things to see in action.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
(awaits an OS TMP Editor, btw!)

- Oh... I'm sorry. But you'll wait forever because I won't make that program #Tongue... and OS SHP Builder 3.2 won't feature TMP edition either. But I plan to add it when I add layers to the program, which would be at 4.0.

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll mirror the mod when given the chance... I'm still rather busy with the reopening of C&C Central and other personal matters. and I might wait a bit to see if there is a 2.2 in the near future.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to add to the bug list... there seems to be a Hole On Map error in the tunnel entrance to the NE in winter theater

Oh, and I found out that 640x400 is perfect as resolution.
It's what C&C95 normally uses, after all Smile

The DvD wrote:
Nyerguds wrote:

He simply made a copy of game.exe and called it dawn.exe. Then he hex edited it and searched for "sun.ini" and "expand" and replaced them by "dwn.ini" and "rotdxp", thus allowing ROTD to use a config file and mod files that don't affect TS.

D640X400.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  233.34 KB
 Viewed:  69527 Time(s)

D640X400.png

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex05 wrote:
Thanks for the help, nyerguds. BTW, why does the conyard give power? Laughing

EDIT: i'm attaching the rulez.ini file so you can play the game without the mentionned bugs. Very Happy

EDIT2:Oops forgot a tag on the visceroid. Razz

Thx for putting up that hotfix Wink

Official new patch is up now, fixing those visc/weap factory bugs plus making some (small) balance adjustments.

the_kid wrote:
I'll mirror the mod when given the chance... I'm still rather busy with the reopening of C&C Central and other personal matters. and I might wait a bit to see if there is a 2.2 in the near future.

Not 2.2, only 2.15 Wink (but maybe I forgot something again... Laughing )

Nyerguds wrote:
Just to add to the bug list... there seems to be a Hole On Map error in the tunnel entrance to the NE in winter theater

Yes it is, I already knew when I released the mod, but so far I couldn't find a fix for that... I had an error at the tunnel itself, but that was caused by a modified snow.ini. But now it uses the original snow.ini, so there must be an other reason... the tmp displays correctly in xcc mixer, so atm I have no idea how to fix this...

EDIT: full version 2.15 is up now.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Con Yard in C&C1 produces AND needs 20 30 power, for the simple reason that C&C didn't accept a 0/0 power balance as "sufficient power". That's also why the civilian buildings in C&C1 lose health all the time; It's just because they have 'low power'.

I just added all my C&C1 music to the mod, including the hidden themes that are only on the DOS CD's and in the Covert Ops Very Happy

I attached the updated theme.ini I used.
Do note that I've used all remixes (the *.var ones renamed to *.aud) instead of original themes, I got the full version of "I Am - Times", and I used the remix of No Mercy from Frank Klepacki's site. So the Length values will be a bit off if you use the standard C&C1 AUDs.

And since it was already set in the theme.ini anyway, I threw the  No Mercy '98 remix from Sole Survivor in it too Very Happy

(I edited rotdxp02.mix with XCC Mix Editor and removed theme.ini and all AUDs except score and intro, and then put all music stuff in rotdxp05.mix)

theme.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  theme.ini
 Filesize:  4.4 KB
 Downloaded:  859 Time(s)

Last edited by Nyerguds on Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:10 am; edited 4 times in total

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
The Con Yard in C&C1 produced AND needed 20 power, for the simple reason that C&C didn't accept a 0/0 power balance as "sufficient power". That's also why the civilian buildings in C&C1 lose health all the time; It's just because they have 'low power'.

Hm, I don't know about the DOS version of C&C, but to me the con yard had 10 power requirement and 30 produced... that's why I gave it 20+.

Nyerguds wrote:

I just added all my C&C1 music to the mod, including the hidden themes that are only on the DOS CD's and in the Covert Ops Very Happy

I attached the updated theme.ini I used.
Do note that I've used all remixes (the *.var ones renamed to *.aud) instead of original themes, I got the FULL version of "I Am - Times" (anyone interested?), and I used the remix of No Mercy from Frank Klepacki's site. So the Length values will be a bit off if you use the standard C&C1 AUDs.

And since it was already set in the theme.ini anyway, I threw the No Mercy '98 remix from Sole Survivor in it too Very Happy

The hidden tracks are in C&C95 too Wink
I personally am not interested in the full length I AM - Times, I have it already Wink

but what do you mean with No Mercy remix? just that version with vocals added?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No they're not... I GOT C&C95, and they're only on the Covert Ops CD I got with it. The scores.mix on the Gold CD's is 37.3 mb. On my old DOS ones that's 54 mb. On the Covert Ops disk it's the full 75.6 mb.
But if you got a C&C Gold with all themes... well, I guess you're lucky then #Tongue

My 'No Mercy' is the version that's used in the Ion Cannon movie in C&C. It has added voices like "No mercy... Mercy is for the WEAK!"

I was wrong about the con yard though... just looked it up. It produces 30 and uses 15, in both DOS C&C and C&C95.

Last edited by Nyerguds on Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
No they're not... I GOT C&C95, and they're only on the Covert Ops CD I got with it. The scores.mix on the Gold CD's is 37.3 mb. On my old DOS ones that's 54 mb. On the Covert Ops disk it's the full 75.6 mb.
But if you got a C&C Gold with all themes... well, I guess you're lucky then :p

I think C&C Gold has been re-released at least once, but both my version (from a game compilation) and the original german Gold SVGA release have that 54 mb scores.mix on it.
But who cares, since we got CovOps... Wink

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True. Even DOS C&C has been re-released, apparently. I've seen someone that didn't get the 1.22 patch installed, and it turned out it was just because he had a CD with C&C 1.22 already on it.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this mod. Great work, Reaperrr. Its C&C atmosphere is so good I automatically right-clicked on the minimap after building my radar Wink

Oh, by the way... I got that German C&C95.exe from someone I sent some movies that were removed/edited in the censored german version. (He was very happy to see Seth get shot in the head #Tongue)

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Oh, by the way... I got that German C&C95.exe from someone I sent some movies that were removed/edited in the censored german version. (He was very happy to see Seth get shot in the head #Tongue)

oops, forgot again :/ sry...
will send you the german DOS game.dat/exe then Wink

btw, I want those videos also Very Happy

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then get MSN... it's the easiest way of sending big things.

[teaser]

[/teaser]

Lugia345 wrote:
Hi,

This is a great MOD!
But i have 1 "bug" found. Normal you need a Weapons Factori to build the IonenUplink Staion and in your mod is this not fall Wink

No you don't... all you need is the Comm Center.

Last edited by Nyerguds on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Bliss
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just had to say im loving this mod loving it i cant evan play my TS because my cd is scratched bad and the main executable always gets a error but i can still play this mod which made me so i happy i love it keep up the good work Cool

http://forum.cnc-crimsondawn.com/

Lugia345
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Then get MSN... it's the easiest way of sending big things.

[teaser]

[/teaser]

Lugia345 wrote:
Hi,

This is a great MOD!

No you don't... all you need is the Comm Center.

Ok you are right Very Happy sorry i was wrong Sad

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
The DvD wrote:
Nyerguds wrote:
He simply made a copy of game.exe and called it dawn.exe. Then he hex edited it and searched for "sun.ini" and "expand" and replaced them by "dwn.ini" and "rotdxp", thus allowing ROTD to use a config file and mod files that don't affect TS.
Another idea concerning that, Reaperr... how about separating savegames? I managed to do that by changing the "SAV" to "SRD" in DAWN.EXE

This is especially useful since TS crashes within seconds when loading a non-ROTD savegame.
I tried both saving and loading after the change, and it worked perfectly.

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds or Reaperrr, could you tell me what program you use to edit the .exe? Thanks.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use a simple DOS hex editor
http://members.fortunecity.com/andorit/program/editors.html
file is hex51.zip - HEX 5.1 by Jonathan Durward
(I don't think it allows direct linking)

Very easy to use; [tab] to switch between binary and text, [F5] to search, [shift]+[F6] to repeat search.

It's small, it's simple, and it even has a built-in file browser and mouse support. Who needs anything more? #Tongue

Last edited by Nyerguds on Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:49 pm; edited 4 times in total

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm Resource Hacker only finds image files and some other things and my pc can't run 16-bit programs anymore... I downloaded other Hex editors but i got a mess..

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
my pc can't run 16-bit programs anymore

- Win9x ownz Wink. Long live Resource Hacker and all hex editors!

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Hmm Resource Hacker only finds image files and some other things and my pc can't run 16-bit programs anymore... I downloaded other Hex editors but i got a mess..

What kind of mess?
Any fancy graphical hex editor will be exactly the same in layout and stuff... Heck, you even got mouse support in this editor. It reacts pretty much like any Windows program.

The one most important thing you have to keep in mind when hex editing programs (and most other filetypes too) is NOT TO CHANGE THE FILESIZE. Always overwrite characters, never insert.

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Quote:
my pc can't run 16-bit programs anymore

- Win9x ownz Wink. Long live Resource Hacker and all hex editors!

I'm running XP Pro 64-bit edition and it seems they removed 16-bit compatibility Neutral

Anyway the mess i was talking about wat actually dots appearing between every character, and i couldn't replicate them on the keyboard. But Triforce seems to got that working and he wants to help me Smile

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used a plain, simple Notepad-like text editor, called EditPadLite. Unlike Notepad & Wordpad, it doesn't mess up files by formatting them in any way.
Since I'm not messing with hex values, only letters (filenames and stuff like that), that's enough for me.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh. An actual hex editor is a lot cleaner to work with though.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and has a good indication of the offset.

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well i already got it to work for TSTW. BTW, doing it this way presents a problem for mappers: It won't find the mod's files. (Especially a problem for TSTW or TSR). I already fixed this by editing FinalSun.exe (got the hang of it :p) but it isn't bugfree, some objects don't show up.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh, just rename them all when making the maps. rotdxp*.mix to expand*.mix, arr.ini to art.ini, rulez.ini to rules.ini (and prolly a few more. Just check rotdxp02.mix)

Isn't that hard, is it?

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know, but for some people it is Wink

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I noticed one odd AI bug in the mod... the GDI AI never builds advanced power plants.

Last edited by Nyerguds on Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Anyway the mess i was talking about wat actually dots appearing between every character, and i couldn't replicate them on the keyboard. But Triforce seems to got that working and he wants to help me Smile

lol. Dots usually symbolize 00 or FF bytes. You just need to go to hexadecimal mode to make them yourself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [203 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon