Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
RotD Download Comments
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [203 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: patch 2.2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

patch 2.2 is up Smile

it doesn't do much, but it adds the chainlink fence by nyerguds and improves the AI, plus some minor things.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyer,kick-ass job on the chain link fences. re-size from YR. exellent!

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: patch 2.2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
patch 2.2 is up Smile

it doesn't do much, but it adds the chainlink fence by nyerguds

hooray!!!

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's still some refresh errors... like when you build a single piece of fence and then sell it Sad
I had resized the frames to 192x192, but apparently that doesn't have any effect.
Oddly, the error does not appear when you actually destroy it.

BTW, Reaperr... when you include the updated exe file, should I provide a no-cd version of it? Personally I find it annoying to have to use the CD for something that doesn't use the movies anyway. And you can't apply the no-cd crack on a file that's been modified since the crack performs a crc-check on the file first.

(I cracked it first, and then re-applied all ROTD changes)

fence-refresh.gif
 Description:
single damaged piece of fence
 Filesize:  5.81 KB
 Viewed:  34492 Time(s)

fence-refresh.gif

Last edited by Nyerguds on Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:40 pm; edited 4 times in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
BTW, Reaperr... when you include the updated exe file, should I provide a no-cd version of it?

Do it away from here where google doesnt spot it.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A No-CD version would be useless for me, I have Firestorm loaded up into Daemon Tools as an iso image Smile

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure. I got my own webspace. I said 'provide', not 'attach' Wink
Anyone that wants it can just PM me about it or ask it on MSN.

And anyway, as long as I don't mention 'no-cd' and the actual game name in one post no one will find this through google Cool
Though GeckoYamori's post... that's a different matter Confused

Last edited by Nyerguds on Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do we just throw 2.2 in the westwood folder?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right... now Terror... think. Where will the game be able to FIND the file? Rolling Eyes

As far as I know, there isn't a single C&C game that will ever check the contents of the westwood/ folder.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea justing makeing sure

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All right... now YOU can all replace the icons inside dawn.exe too Very Happy
Extract this in your TS dir (where dawn.exe should be), and run dawnicon.bat Smile
Then, just delete the dawnicon.* stuff.

I tested it - it shouldn't feck up your dawn.exe Wink
All it does is replace the last 14432 bytes of the file.

Obviously you'll normally see the 32 x 32, 256 colours one on shortcuts, and the 16 x 16, 256 one in Details view in your file browser.

dawnicon.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dawnicon.zip
 Filesize:  11.01 KB
 Downloaded:  788 Time(s)

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:

BTW, Reaperr... when you include the updated exe file, should I provide a no-cd version of it? Personally I find it annoying to have to use the CD for something that doesn't use the movies anyway. And you can't apply the no-cd crack on a file that's been modified since the crack performs a crc-check on the file first.

(I cracked it first, and then re-applied all ROTD changes)

yes Wink

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

omg... I can even make a batch script (like the one attached there) to apply ALL ROTD changes. The process for adding the icons involves copying the file anyway, so I might just make it copy game.exe, and have dawn.exe as final output file.

And thanks to a wicked little command-line byte editor my brother wrote for me I can apply the rest of the changes from a batch installation program as well.

Of course, i'd have to make sure it'll only work on the game.exe from TS 3.03... but for the rest it's perfect ^_^

The obvious advantages of this are that the mod gets 1.5 mb smaller, and that you can just apply the installer to an already-cracked game.exe, meaning the mod will have nothing to do with the no-cd stuff.

The disadvantage would of course be that it's not just 'putting the files in your TS dir' anymore, since you need to start a kind of install script to create dawn.exe

As Kane said... "The choice, my friend... is yours" Wink

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:

The disadvantage would of course be that it's not just 'putting the files in your TS dir' anymore, since you need to start a kind of install script to create dawn.exe

As Kane said... "The choice, my friend... is yours" Wink

they need to go to the TS directory and start the mod with the dawn.exe (or at least make a link to desktop or whatever) anyway, so running a batch file once shouldn't be much of a problem.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very well then... I made it Smile
It's in your PM box.

The installer has three files:

rotdinst.bat
rotdinst.mix
mmlite.exe

Feel free to change the name of the batch file, but leave the others like that or the installer won't find them.

Like in all mod installers I ever made, all files the install uses are actually inside the mixfile, reducing the installer from 5 to 3 files.

Note that this is a C&C1 type mixfile; you can't view its contents (well, not their filenames anyway). You probably know mmlite; good old DOS tool for extracting files from mixfiles Very Happy

I would've used a TS type mixfile, so you could just put the installation files inside rotdxp02.mix, but apparently you can't surpress the text output of the XCC mix extraction command line tool, and that looked REALLY bad popping up in the middle of the installer.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As far as I was aware, if you send a PM with attachment, the forum send it without the attachment. It's a bug that was happening in the last months that I'm not sure if it's fixed or not. That's why, if someone needs to send me a file, I ask in a email.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oooh, great.

The problem is, I just got a mail back saying some mail I sent to him wasn't delivered, so I never know if anything I send to him arrives :\

Can I just attach it in the beta testers forum?

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is the thingy with the new messed up AI going to change in the next patch? (i already postet it)

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

two xcompletely off topic things

teslazap has the best Avatar ever

what game is crimson dawn a mod for?

The_Hunter
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heya guys just registerd here i just wanna say this TC is awsome i'm totaly adicted too it Very Happy

keep up the good work Wink

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

perhapse i nthe next version you can change the colour of the tiberium because it looks like the shroud on the radar.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe he said somewhere that that was a bug he couldn't fix

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's fixable if he hex edit the TMP file.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From what I gathered Reaperrr isn't much of a hex editor #Tongue

But if you can fix it, please do Smile

wait a sec... TMP file? Tiberium is stored in SHP files!

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
From what I gathered Reaperrr isn't much of a hex editor #Tongue

it's not that I'm not able to hex edit a file, I just need to know WHAT I have to edit Wink
I just have no idea how to change radar colors of tmps/shps.

Nyerguds wrote:

But if you can fix it, please do Smile

wait a sec... TMP file? Tiberium is stored in SHP files!

yes it is, another reason why I have no idea what to do Confused

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't there a Radarcolor tag in rules.ini for that anyway?

[edit]

Dammit, wrong section. Radarcolor doesn't work on overlay; only for Terrain

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: version 2.3 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RotD 2.3 is ready.

This time you'll have to download the whole thing, no patch.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yay too bad no patch file eh

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

j4m3sb0nd wrote:
Yay too bad no patch file eh

nope, sorry, there where some changes that affected the main mod file (rotdxp02.mix), so the patch would have had almost the same size anyway, so I thought it's better to start of new.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yaaaay! 2.3 Very Happy

[edit]

Oh. My. God. This is amazing! Surprised
Reaperrr, these armor changes are perfect Very Happy

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Yaaaay! 2.3 Very Happy

[edit]

Oh. My. God. This is amazing! Surprised
Reaperrr, these armor changes are perfect Very Happy

hehe I know Very Happy

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and I love that concrete Very Happy

Pity the Damaged state is just from the Nod wall Confused

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
and I love that concrete Very Happy

Pity the Damaged state is just from the Nod wall Confused

Jokeman didn't have time for the damaged frames

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was wondering if vxl's were gonna be resized, I mwan the MLRS and light tank look a little too big :p

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eeh? They look just fine to me...

Only, some vehicles like the SSM and hummer don't have enough team color IMO.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure what resolution the original game was at but even the PS1 I'm sure the vehicles were bigger.

Also wasn't the rocket launcher a dark colour (the actual launchers)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr... that Ion Cannon is ridiculously weak! Even a hand of Nod survives against it.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

..and a patch would be appreciated.

remember, the files in a rotdexp with a higher name will take precedence over those in a rotdexp with a lower name.. so you can ALWAYS patch.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the ion cannon took a con yard down to just above 25% health i think.

It should be able to kill a turret, obelisk in one-hit.

However r sure you want to make supers so powerful? as a nuke could wipe out a entire base pratically ....

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied General wrote:
I'm not sure what resolution the original game was at but even the PS1 I'm sure the vehicles were bigger.

Also wasn't the rocket launcher a dark colour (the actual launchers)

DOS resolution is 320x200.
C&C95 resolution is 640x400, which is possible in ROTD, as I demonstrated earlier in this thread. And which I doubt you've tried.

Rocket launcher in C&C1, like all other vehicles, is completely in team color. And no, its color is pretty light; I remember it being almost white when it's nod-owned.

Banshee wrote:
Reaperrr... that Ion Cannon is ridiculously weak! Even a hand of Nod survives against it.

If you've played TD you should know that that's CORRECT. The Ion Cannon CAN'T destroy a HON. It brings its health back to 1/4th.

You seem to forget that in C&C1, the REALLY powerful superweapon of GDI in the campaign was, in fact, the Airstrike.

The C&C1 Hand Of Nod and Barracks have the same amount of health and armor as the constuction yard. From what Allied General says there, that's perfect.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think they weakened it for balanced, I mean in the FMV it could destroy a Temple,
In ROTD It should get a Damage boost accordingly to the NUKE!

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice mod you got there, got me to install TS again #Tongue.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MyTrust wrote:
I think they weakened it for balanced, I mean in the FMV it could destroy a Temple,
In ROTD It should get a Damage boost accordingly to the NUKE!

Not true. The temple was already heavily under attack at that point, as the attacking Orca's and the conversation between the Nod oficer and the soldier CLEARLY indicate.

And the nuke in TD pretty much wipes out whatever it touches, except for the strongest tanks (the armored ones - Light, Med and Mammoth) and some very strong buildings like the Temple itself and the airfield, which both survive with a bit more than 1/4th of their health.

I admit that's only the Single player nuke though. The MP nuke sucks.

But still, you must consider... if it's enough to take out the barracks, it can also take out the constuction yard. That'd be a bit too much imo.

tanknuke.gif
 Description:
The three sole survivors of a Nuke blast. Do note the harvester most probably survives too - didn't test that.
 Filesize:  4.88 KB
 Viewed:  34109 Time(s)

tanknuke.gif

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reduce the streng of the barracks by 50 #Tongue, not that hard, and not that much weaker too #Tongue

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

..but WHY? Just so you can use your ion cannon to destroy the cheapest building in the game?
(silo doesn't count as they lose more money when you destroy that)

Seriously, just blow up a power plant instead then. It'll slow down their production just as much, and it costs the same Rolling Eyes

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
But still, you must consider... if it's enough to take out the barracks, it can also take out the constuction yard. That'd be a bit too much imo.

Wow you mean the conyard is as weak as the barracks? Jeez that should be changed..

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I said before.. WHY? It was that way in TD, and it was OK there.

It's not about the CY being weak. It's the barracks that are pretty strong. Keep in mind that an Ion Cannon DOES take out a weapons factory.

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But that is flat out ridiculous....:S

damn WW you made some weird decisions.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so the MP nuke is weaker? cos in the campaign for nod it was a one off special (and I think it was meant to relate  to the silver crates which had a missile anim when you picked them up)

I think its because the barracks is a smaller structure so the spread effect would be less ... although that FMV when you see the ion cannon wipe out a entire nod base is stupid .... and also the 1st renegade level.

Also in the campaign why did GDI need a Adv Comm Center to build a $800 rocket launcher when a mammoth costing $1500 only needed a repair bay?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

because the Mammoth has Autohealing and a long-range rocket launcher is usually dependant on pretty advanced radar installations.

Why do you mention the cost? Idon'tsee how that has anything to do with prerequisites.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [203 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon