Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
CnCTools revisted
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Comrade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject:  CnCTools revisted Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a good idea, but do you have the creators' permissions to hand out thier programmes?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whats in it? (10mb is too big to dl on 56k when i have no clue whats in it)

If im correct the only person that has a prob with ppl hading out his work is viper. As long as ppl are credited and they don't say "do not distribute" it normaly means the creators are fine with it.

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SHP builder, VXLSE III, Vxl Viewer, Cube normalizer, Hva Builder, INI checker, and some others that i cant remember.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not INI Checker, Will's INI Editor. Nothing of mine was in that package.

Comrade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a newer (corrected) package: http://cnctools.dox.hu/CnCTools09s3.exe
And the MINI versionhttp://cnctools.dox.hu/CnCTools09s3_mini.zip
This package contains the following ALTERED apps:
Voxel Editor 3 1.1.6
Voxel Viewer 1.3.4
HVA Builder 1.8.4
Cube Normalizer 1.0.3
SHP Builder 3.34s4
Palette Editor 1.1.2s2
All apps have a completely new design, and a customizable interface (TBX). For modem users I've made a mini package, what doees't contain the common items (these are same as the original). Also I've made another changes...[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grisa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried it and it's actually a lot better than I expected. Banshee maybe you could use some of the features which are in this pack?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

which features?

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is the changelog?

Comrade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't recall actually everything, 'coz I didn't maintained it, but here are some:
ALL:
-Re-designed forms (TBX added, some rearrangement, etc.)
-Some code additions due to the re-designing
-New GFX (icons, title gfx, etc.)
-TBXEDIT to every app (except ClearReg & CubeNorm)
SHP Builder:
-Added a new Cameo Editor scheme (RA2 Comrade), using my old photoshop scheme (it worths a try!)

and many more things, but honestly I can't recally everything

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are some tips to making and releasing apps:

Always keep a changelog, users like to know whats changed in the app. It also allows you to know what u have done and what u still need to do.

You should have the tools in there own Installer(im guessing u just zip them all), they should all be in seperate "packages" (This would greatly healp 56k ppl since they would only need to dl what they need)

Tho having one with everything is ok, as long as u have the seperate packages.

You should contact sites like CnC-Source and ask them to add your files to there site. This would help promote your versions.

Using a tag in the version name i.e CE (Comrade Edition) would help ppl know which versions are "official" and which are your own.

You should always show users screenshots of your version showing off new features or new design's/layouts.

If you don't know of an installer app then try:
Install Creator Which is a free installer.

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

His style has an installer.

Comrade

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I'm already using NSIS, what's far better than Clickteam Installer (smaller, more customizable, and there are several wizards on the net helping you creating NSIS scripts, but it's quite easy to undersand using the examples enclosed to the NSIS package)

I'll make separate installers, if you need it, and I'll make a homepage for this pasttime crap.

Another: This is C&CTools NG (as the title screen, and the version nrs in the apps' shows), so it has a tag, what you requested.

comrade

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new version is available, with a couple of new features. Pay a visit to:
cnctools.dox.hu
to grab it. A changelog is also on the site.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Again.... I like these tools, especially the Linux-type interface. Great work!

comrade
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And something I forgot. I've included a completely new tool for viewing both SHP and VXL files (QuickView)

And finally, I've made separate install packages (favoring the modem users)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your site is so much slow for me... it's loading in a order of few bytes per minute... I'll try to download your stuff to include some of the changes in future releases of the SHP Builder.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finally managed to download the stuff. Nice job! I like the design. Where do I get this TBX thing?

Edit: Found it at http://www.jrsoftware.org/tb2kdl.php

And btw, as far as I could see the options in SHP Builder, you've re-enabled the rescue mode. I suggest you to put it down in the next versions because it doesn't work properly and it doesn't rescue anything. I've just left it there just to not loose the idea and maybe try something on it later, but it's kinda impossible to fix that files because some critical data was lost during the save... anyway, take it out.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Your site is so much slow for me... it's loading in a order of few bytes per minute... I'll try to download your stuff to include some of the changes in future releases of the SHP Builder.
I works perfectly here.

Comrade, the Quick Viewer it's Great!

comrade
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has a lot of cool stuff, although most of the interesting things I've learned in the university.

Anyway, where can I get the TBX thing? Your instalation thing linked to g32.org, but I can't find it there.

comrade
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

comrade
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

comrade
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uhm, comrade, 404 error on the full package!

comrade
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, It's fixed

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it stable for a beta?

comrade
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has only problem with the read-only SHP-s in Windows NT systems (it's a fault of the SHP engine). Anyway it's stable, as far as I've tested.

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I keep getting a 404 Error. It loads like shit. Realy slow. I even have CenturyTel DSL and it loads slow. You should try uploading to a diff server ot try an FTP server. Those might be faster for loading things.

EDIT: I Finally managed to get the download to work, but it downloads around 350 or so BYTES per minute. That'll take 3 or 4 gours to download a file size of 11.2 mb. Well anywho,as long as I it Im fine.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
comrade
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll put the stuff onto an other server too, so you can stop it.

A new version with minor fixes 09s8 is available on these sites:
http://cnctools.dox.hu
http://cnctools.atw.hu (mirror, only packages, will be available in 10-15 minutes)

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I fianally got beta 7, I'll get beta 8 now, its going faster at least. like, way faster lmao.

EDIT: I got beta 8 in like 2 mins.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
comrade
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, the ATW mirror seems a bit faster...

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is way faster than the Dox.hu mirror.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mod_Making_Maniac_2005 wrote:
I keep getting a 404 Error. It loads like shit. Realy slow. I even have CenturyTel DSL and it loads slow. You should try uploading to a diff server ot try an FTP server. Those might be faster for loading things.

EDIT: I Finally managed to get the download to work, but it downloads around 350 or so BYTES per minute. That'll take 3 or 4 gours to download a file size of 11.2 mb. Well anywho,as long as I it Im fine.
WTF? It works with 20 kb/s here. It's 4 kb/s faster than it should be back here.

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was awhile ago Havoc. I got Beta 7 and 8. The Dox.hu server is slow, and the ATW server is the fastest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum