Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am
All times are UTC + 0
Welcome to Tiberian Sun MK. II!
Moderators: Stingerr
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject:  Welcome to Tiberian Sun MK. II! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome, commander! This mod will change the graphics of your Tiberian Sun and add some new units and missions. Some of you may already known Stingerr, who is working on it and might provide us more details soon. Here's some links, information, screenshots, renders and other related pictures that our intelligence managed to find about this project:

Site: http://members.home.nl/j.a.meinema/tibsun/index.htm

Stingerr wrote:
Sun MK. II is a totall voxel conversion mod. Some weapons have been edited too, like new missiles and a few buildings have been replaced with better ones. Inspiration for this mod came from the fmv movies. I thought many units like the titan and Mammoth Mk. II looked much better in the movies, so I remade them. Eventually I remade almost every single voxel ingame. Only three have yet to be made. It's time you saw tiberian sun how it should really be...

Some original units really annoyed me. Examples are the orca bomber, wich looked like a toy, and the Mammoth Mk. II, because it was much too small. I hope to solve every problem in this game that ever bothered me, yet some still can't be fixed. Moving propellors on a helicopter isn't possible for example...

I didn't add new sides. To much trouble for such a small ocassion... Haven't changed anything on the missions and didnt create new ones. Everything is like the original tiberian sun, just better graphics. Altough there will be a couple of new units to make the war more thrilling.

Release dates:

There isn't a release date yet. Mod is still a long way from finished.

Dropship:

Dropship and Titan in game.

Mammoth MK2:

The Mechs:

Hover MLRS:

And, just to not say we are only showing GDI units, Devil Tongue:

And Subterranean APC:

Stingerr
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks banshee Smile

I only have to remake the mobile sensor array, then I have all the units done. Then I can start working on the new types of units.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DUDE! How did you get the settings for that in VV? (I mean for the mechs EXACTLY on the floor..) can you PM them to me?

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how did you get multiple vxls in VV?!?!?
this looks like an amzing mod!

Stingerr
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

take screens of them from the front? #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all that staff (or  stuff) is awesome!

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats not what I mean, I mean, I cant get 3 different voxels to load in VV at once.

Stingerr
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

me neither. I just take a screen from the background, then take 3 screens of different units from the same view, and put them in 1 screen

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh, ok, Banshee, do you think it would be possible for you to make it so you can load multiple voxels?
I know you probaly have your handsful right now, but it would be a great feature.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

christophski the great wrote:
oh, ok, Banshee, do you think it would be possible for you to make it so you can load multiple voxels?
I know you probaly have your handsful right now, but it would be a great feature.

I'd love too, but it's complicated and I don't understand Stu's code very well... actually, I couldn't be so much bored to understand. I even asked that for him, but he said it would be a pain in the ass... so...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not like you two do anything... #Tongue

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for aknoledging what i said anyway banshee.
and as for carno..... lol Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow Im gonna get this when its finished. #monalisa

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Incredible work, the dropships in game make me squeel!

Twilus
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya too bad this mod is silent

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the old ropship looks much better, even if its too small. same goes for the titan. SHPs just look better. if you really want to improve the graphics, make all units SHP's instead of VXLs.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think Stringerr stop working with this mod a while ago...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stingerr on Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:25 pm wrote:
P.S if you want to use any of my work in your mod, or you want to edit it Smile, credit me please. I spent much time on the models.. but it's a hell of a job to make all the stuff on my own. I don't know if I will continue this mod because I have many other things to do. It started out as a hobby but I don't feel the urge to make more stuff anymore. You guys can use this in your mods, edit them.. whatever you like. Have fun with it

Stingerr on Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:32 pm wrote:
I hope I made a good contribution to the TS community by making these voxels.. and people like them. If anybody needs help with his/her mod, I am always happy to make voxels for you. Just pm me. Just don't bury me in work Razz .

--End Transmission--

Jenkins
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to piss all over your parrade, but I don't really care fore the looks of the units - they look over-done and the colors are too much the same. Sorry, again, I just think they look too much like blobs, not dropships and Titans. (The colors are bright - I'd prefer if they where more natural and dusty looking.)

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Sorry to piss all over your parrade", but you're replying to a 1 year old topic.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this Jenkins guy is really getting on my nerves

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dun! Dun! Dun!
We DON'T CARE what YOU want.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Sorry to piss all over your parrade, but I don't really care fore the looks of the units - they look over-done and the colors are too much the same. Sorry, again, I just think they look too much like blobs, not dropships and Titans. (The colors are bright - I'd prefer if they where more natural and dusty looking.)

Mate learn alittle tack, you are commenting on the work of one of this communities greatest voxeller period. We appreciate your input but not the way you come across so to speak. And its rain on your perrade.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im still waiting for him to release his RA2 voxels...Namely the Kirov Airship

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no I think he meant piss and not rain

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW were these 3ds2vxl or straight-up VXLSE?

(please say 3ds #Tongue )

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon