Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Do you have a suggestion for the forums? Post here!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [248 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The buttons at the top of the front page and the current events could do with some updating. I see the Cartographers Call Competition is still mentioned there. #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

move Fan Fiction into the game chat section. It would make the Forum index a little more organized I guess.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fan Fiction and Game Chat are entirely different things, in my humble opinion.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By definition they are. It wouldn't make sense to combine them.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got this idea from MODDB.

Would it be possible to make PMs PM threads? So when you go back and forth to a guy everything you and he wrote would be right there? As I mentioned I saw this at Moddb and I thought it was pretty cool.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some bot defences in the profile creation and post creation would be nice.

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

make it a closed forum where you can only sign up via being invited, or on the first of every month.... it'll limit morons like iloo from registering, and it wouldnt be completely closed *waits for the stupid debates about what i just said*

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
I got this idea from MODDB.

Would it be possible to make PMs PM threads? So when you go back and forth to a guy everything you and he wrote would be right there? As I mentioned I saw this at Moddb and I thought it was pretty cool.

Due to the database structure of phpBB, it wouldn't, except for a major rewrite. What I suggest you to do is what I do. I always quote the previous post in a reply.

Ixonoclast wrote:
Some bot defences in the profile creation and post creation would be nice.

The profile already has captcha. But adding somethintg else exclusive to PPM forums would be an interesting idea. I'll see what I can do about it.

SaneDisruption wrote:
make it a closed forum where you can only sign up via being invited, or on the first of every month.... it'll limit morons like iloo from registering, and it wouldnt be completely closed *waits for the stupid debates about what i just said*

I think we already have few forums like this here, but they are hardly used. If we had a considerable group of people interesting at researching breakthroughs from an specific game, we can arrange something at this level. For now, use the Research forums, which are very rarely used nowadays.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sindri means limit when/how you can register, maybe make new accounts have to be moderator approved before they can post threads/replies? That'd stop iloo/javier returning once fortnightly to spam crappy links...

Or allow new users to register only on mondays/the first day of each month.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make a Introduction forum.

You can only post if you made a introduction in the Introduction forum.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not gonna screw up a forum because of a stupid kid. I don't give a crap if iloo or any other n00b return. I'll simply delete his posts and ban his account until he gets tired and notice how worthless his actions really are. Otherwise, these people get motivated to annoy more and more.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, the quoting thing is a good idea I guess. How about a button to do it automatically #Tongue

"Reply with Quote"

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
hmm, the quoting thing is a good idea I guess. How about a button to do it automatically #Tongue

"Reply with Quote"

See the quote bubble below a post? Well the same thing is available for pms.

lol.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  186.74 KB
 Viewed:  15893 Time(s)

lol.PNG

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh it is? My bad.

Republic_Commando_401
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

look at all these demands. And yeah, we gotta find out some way to stop people spamming just to get a higher rank. Maybe set the post count fro ranks shorter and faster to get there.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow dude, that is a huge contradiction right there....

What you have just done is spam.

Now I don't mean to be harsh/rude but an aspiring community leader or what ever you call yourself should be able to observe if the problem has been fixed.

Can you see a post count on your posts anywhere? NO!! Then the problem has been fixed long ago.

There is no visual indication of a users post count anymore that promote such behavior or spamming to increase ones post count. And the only other indication is of rank which has no value what so ever.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not this discussion again >_>
Look Republic_Commando_401, I have tried to stop the spamming before you. The result is that the post count has been hidden. In other words: don't bother bringing it up: the best result you will get is that our ranks will be hidden too...

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Republic_Commando_401 wrote:
look at all these demands. And yeah, we gotta find out some way to stop people spamming just to get a higher rank. Maybe set the post count fro ranks shorter and faster to get there.

I don't see any spam here... Although I don't look in the OT section much.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about adding class ratings for the material that users post here. Like for voxel, shps and music, maps. Also probably for mods.

Like there can be A,B,C(,D,E). So like, the voxel forum will have separated sub-forums, that will be labled: A class material, B class material and C class material.

A class will have the best quality works. B class material will have normal, avarage stuff. And C class will have low quality works.

So, that way there will be incentive to post a good class material. Because, in some way it is a rating system.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vefbl4 wrote:
How about adding class ratings for the material that users post here. Like for voxel, shps and music, maps. Also probably for mods.

Like there can be A,B,C(,D,E). So like, the voxel forum will have separated sub-forums, that will be labled: A class material, B class material and C class material.

A class will have the best quality works. B class material will have normal, avarage stuff. And C class will have low quality works.

So, that way there will be incentive to post a good class material. Because, in some way it is a rating system.

Not quite supportive of the idea, I think its best for the people to search it themselves.

But, if it gets passed, then why not. But I'd go for stars/likes.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rating systems of any kind are bad because of trolls and haters.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest, there's really no need for rating system. I'm sure the longer you've been in this community, we should all know who is who around here and how nice their work is. Hell, there isn't even a need for titles, they're just quirky, fun fake rankings that really don't matter. I mean, who cares if you're a "General" when all you are in the end, is still a troll (*cough* Gufu *cough*) #Tongue

There's already a good incentive to post good stuff anyways, its called "human nature" where we praise the nice stuff, and beat you up if you make something bad.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know Aro, I got mad haters. But you know what they say...

Haters Gon' Hate.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do agree though that work posted needs more recognition.
Like the thing that that one guy was doing where it listed all the stuff

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
I mean, who cares if you're a "General" when all you are in the end, is still a troll (*cough* Gufu *cough*) #Tongue

Very funny. Rolling Eyes

But IMHO, the "Grading System" seems to me as one supporting elitism. Sure it makes sense for those who have made lots of good content, to be respected - but I am afraid that those who do not have history of good content, would be kept down, perhaps halting their improvement. We already have enough of that, I assume.

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to see censoring to go bye bye. Then again we got a few young modders. They shouldn't be exposed to that language even though it's popular around here. Maybe a system to determine if the person is old enough to see that language? Like within their first 10 or so post, if they don't swear or the system knows their a "child" then it will block certain words. You could also have a system for when you sign up that it asked if you are a certain age or older.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A system to determine someone's age? Man.. this is internet. Such system is impossible to be done.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, wtf? I am talking about my posted material classification system. With three levels. "So like, the voxel forum will have separated sub-forums, that will be labled: A class material, B class material and C class material.

"

Atari2600
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vefbl4 wrote:

And who will determine what stuff goes in what category? You?

It's subjective as to what belongs where. Everyone will have a differing opinion, and people we get upset.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd prefer a 5 star rating system.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It will be determined by the rating system. If users rate down the "thing" it will go to the "C" (or "D") class. If they rate it up, it will go to "A". And combining all the rates from posted content of one user will give him a rank! And users will have some ranks. Maybe like: godlike,professional,master,avarage,beginner,loser. Or just "nothing" or blank if you dont submit any content. Users will start as beginners and if they post stuff that is good quality, they will soon be avarage. But if they continuously post stuff that always will get only rate downs. They will be classified as "losers". But it can be changed again, if they post normal rated stuff.

Last edited by Vefbl4 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

MT
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm against any sort of rating system for the reasons Gufu has outlined.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree, a rating system would be no good. Simply because I've seen some good stuff get bad reviews, and some horrible stuff get spotlighted. This IMO is not so much a bad idea, just not a good idea.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like an "Ignore anything that is spewed from this" button on a per-user or per-subforum basis.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vefbl4 wrote:
So, wtf? I am talking about my posted material classification system.

Last time I checked, the world doesn't revolve around you.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe more things to put on our "Profile page"
Maybe a downloads section on our page, to showcase anything we have to offer, or at least links to a forum/topic with our stuff
maybe an image gallery as well so we can also showcase our images, units and what not.

also a Bio to put information about ourselves

On a side note..
the ability to choose a different visual look Per-user.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is an old suggestion, but the forums should have a hotlink to the PPM main page (www.ppmsite.com), perhaps included somewhere in the forum index.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a good suggestion. I'll do it when I return to my home.

¥R_M0dd€r
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Programming forum, this forum have better(mostly) programmer that many programming forums. So prehaps have a programming forum here at PPM? Maybe even syntax highlighting?

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suggest we update the forum software.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RSS Feeds!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It already has RSS feeds. I just need to reveal their URL sometime.

The News Tracker feature in the frontpage loads data from RSS feeds generated by the forums.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehe, for a school project I already use the RSS feed. Works perfect Smile

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So.. the forum has RSS feeds, for like.. forum categories?

I know the Site has an RSS feed for the Site news, but the news doesn't interest me.. Just looking for an RSS feed for one of the forum's categories.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which category? Generals editing forums + 3D Models Media Hut? Public Mod Announcements?

PPM has a script that every hour updates the RSS feed on each mod and the collection of modding news for each game, although, in order to save server processor, it saves TS mod news in one hour, in the next one is RA2 and then, it saves all other games in the third hour... and in the following hour updates TS mods again.

I'll add media hut, map archive and few other things once university pressure tones down.

Anyway, I can choose what gets exported and if it exports all news from a group of forums or posts created by specific members. I can also merge RSS feeds, even with external ones, and create a new one using this script.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm just interested in Generals Editing Forum.
Possibly RSS feeds on the public mod annoucments, even though I don't really care for the TS, RA2 mods. >_>;;

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Honestly, I have no plans to cover the editing forums at the moment. I'm using the RSS Feeds with the purpose of spreading news instead of update the latest replies posted in editing forums. For this purpose, you can visit the forum, which takes less than a second on most machines #Tongue.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sigh..

I do visit frequentely, and even though the Generals forum isn't that frequently visited, I suppose I don't Need to have it...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is more of a glitch/deficiency report. When Quick-Editing a post, it removes whatever was written in the Subject Description. This is rather annoying.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some ideas for improving the media hut.

Splitting the media hut into one for TS and one for RA2. It is very frustrating to browse through it without knowing if the stuff is for the game you're looking for.
Rules for how to name your folder and a readme. All files into a zip.
More directories. A place for vxl aircraft, vehicles, misc. One for shp buildings, infantry, misc.

The spotlights need to get redone as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [248 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!