Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Do you have a suggestion for the forums? Post here!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 5 [248 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
This is more of a glitch/deficiency report. When Quick-Editing a post, it removes whatever was written in the Subject Description. This is rather annoying.

This bug has just been fixed. Smile

adamstrange

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Fix the 8 digit code Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fix the Registration/Login 8digit code thing because it it the worst that I have ever seen.

I've been trying to register for weeks now and that stupid window is so filled with numbers and letter that I can't figure out what to type even if still need to type it backwards.

It does seem like the 8 digit code thing is easier when posting them with registering  Mad This crap is a pain so as long as I can't register,I will just post my name first in all my threads.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be nice if PPM would resize big pictures automatically down to 800x600 or something like that and then show a small text "click to view full size".
When posting FullHD or even bigger images and then viewing the topic on a smaller monitor, it's horrible to have to scroll every time to the right to read the text that now goes beyond the monitor (no word wrap at monitor border anymore) and to find the reply/edit post buttons on the far right.

It's also bad as such big pictures make reading/finding the then tiny posts between them hard.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agreed, TiberiumWeb had such a feature and it saved many headaches.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While we're at it. On TibWeb it was also nice to attach a file and then put the link to it in the middle of the post. The file was only attached/visible to the end, if there was no reference to it in the post.

Especially useful when explaining something using pictures in between the text, while you don't have a PPM FTP for permanent storing the file and linking to it.

Currently you can only attach the picture and then show it again in the text where it belongs using the link of the attachment, which would make it show up twice.

Public SHPs

Tools

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's something IPB has and phpBB needs to be hacked to receive these features. Unfortunately, I don't have time to work on that at the moment.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any chance that the forum search has automatically the subforum selected from where i pressed the search button?

The forum has so many subforums, that it's hard to find them in the simple tree view shown in the "Search in forum" combobox.

Public SHPs

Tools

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Any chance that the forum search has automatically the subforum selected from where i pressed the search button?

The forum has so many subforums, that it's hard to find them in the simple tree view shown in the "Search in forum" combobox.

And also add a text box named "Search in Forum" which will appear in every forum Smile

LKO's Idea is great, I second it, and the "Search in Forum" tree might need to be revisited IMO Confused

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll see what I can do about it. The idea sounds good indeed.

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can i suggest more themes?
Im using the twisted insurrection theme, but i would like a TI globotech theme (i like the globotech client theme) or a mental omega theme
Or themes for the most popular mods.
Just a suggestion

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, can't the avatar images be automatically resized to fit the limit instead? I made a new avatar and I can't use it because it's 230x230 and I am too lazy to edit it because I'll have to plug my phone into my PC, edit it, and import it into my phone, just to replace my avatar. Confused

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and then someone uploads his 125 MegaByte 8k resolution image as his avatar...

Public SHPs

Tools

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An auto-compress system for avatars. A resizer and compressor, but I guess that will never happen...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Auto-compress? You are really asking too much. Regarding a resizer, it depends on the file size. Don't expect to create avatars from your cell phone camera here.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

then the first question: "I've uploaded my Avatar and the auto-resized image looks horrible. What can i do to get better quality?"

Public SHPs

Tools

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For some reason I never get any unread post indicators on PPM, and the "View posts since last visit" always turns up empty as well... Any idea what causes that?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've a request regarding the spoiler tags. Clicking one should only toggle that particular spoiler, not every spoiler on the page. It's frustrating when you open a spoiler in the middle of a thread containing multiple spoilers, and it throws you into a different part of the page as the page gets expanded by all the simultaneously opened spoilers. I've never seen spoiler tags implemented this way and it's obvious why.

Other than that, the tags work well.

On another issue, it takes relatively long for a page containing multiple embedded YouTube videos (example) to load all the videos. I'm not sure what would be the best way to tackle this though - maybe some sort of static thumbnail you have to click before it actually loads the embedded video (YouTube kinda does this already but it's still inefficient).

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
On another issue, it takes relatively long for a page containing multiple embedded YouTube videos (example) to load all the videos. I'm not sure what would be the best way to tackle this though - maybe some sort of static thumbnail you have to click before it actually loads the embedded video (YouTube kinda does this already but it's still inefficient).

Yea this is something Youtube changed on their end, it used to be a lot faster, I believe it has more checks ahead of time now, like whether you're logged in or the video is available to you, but I don't know the details.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

in addition to this
clicking in the search results on a topic with multiple pages and hundreds of posts, it should instantly open the right page and post that has the keyword.
Currently when searching something, only to then have to scroll through a topic with 20 pages, with each time doing a browser text search isn't very user friendly.

Or have the search list links to posts, not topics. This would improve it greatly.

Even better would be if the search results show a little preview of the post that includes the keyword.

Public SHPs

Tools

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can we have a +1 button next to the quote button when you press it you post a duplicate of that post immediately without jumping to the "enter your message" page.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Can we have a +1 button next to the quote button when you press it you post a duplicate of that post immediately without jumping to the "enter your message" page.

PPM is not twitter or imgur. Why should the forum encourage useless repost spam?

Use your own words or
don't post at all if you don't have anything useful to say.

Public SHPs

Tools

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is handy when your words are the same as others’ when posting a one sentence admiration in Media Hut

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In such a case your words are useless and contribute nothing to the topic. That's just spam.

Public SHPs

Tools

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A like button is not a bad idea as long as it doesn't clutter the forums with spam. If it simply shows in a post that a certain user liked that post, it seems to be fine.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
A like button is not a bad idea as long as it doesn't clutter the forums with spam. If it simply shows in a post that a certain user liked that post, it seems to be fine.

Can we have it just like YT, where we get a like and dislike button for each post?

Then all we'll need is turn this into a video site exactly like YT #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my User Attachment Control Panel has 43 pages of attached stuff. Any chance how i can do a search for a certain file in them?
Looking manually through 43 * 50 attachments would take ages.

For example i want to have all gif animations listed and maybe even shown with a preview.

I can't even jump to page 20 when searching for something whose filename starts in the middle of the alphabet. You can only move max 2 pages forward/backwards.

Several attachments also belong to private messages which i've deleted already. So nothing uses them anymore and they could be deleted along with the already long ago deleted message.

Public SHPs

Tools

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Image loading keep pushing me down. It's annoying.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Suggestion: could we have a chk-box, where our profile settings are, whether or not the logged in user wants to see ads just like a guest?

If helps keep this place up and running just for a little longer, I'll gladly put with ads, even the really obnoxious ones that temporarily render the site unusable until the ad finishes.

Unless it's Blizzard or Fortnite ads.
Then I'll report you to Kane and have his Black Hand deal with you #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have problem where both website and forum didn't keep me login at all despite I tick keep me login box.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm... I need more details about that, Holy_Master. If you are logged in the forums and visit the site, does it logs you out? Or you are just logged out after some time?

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Forum seem to log off every time when I close my browser.

also I never success to login website. [ It never say my password incorrect or anything it's the page just refresh with no login]

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

check the privacy settings of your browser.
It might delete all cookies when closed and thus also delete the ppm cookie which stores the auto-login data.

I had a similar problem in the past when i used a pretty old version of the opera portable browser.

Using firefox portable, it works fine.

Public SHPs

Tools

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, what he (LKO) said regarding the log off when you close your browser. Regarding the website, I don't know what to say.

The cross-domain login here works on an awful work-around where one domain reads the data of the cookie from the other using an iframe. One day I'll work on a better solution.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bumping this up since it finally started to get on my nerves real good this morning, but I also have the auto-login issue mentioned above by Holy_Master (or something similar), where I usually find myself logged out from the forums after a while (it can persist over multiple browser sessions still) despite the checkbox being ticked.

And no, it has absolutely nothing to do with browser deleting the cookies - the autologin cookie is still very much intact in browser's storage upon this issue occuring.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From what I noticed, this happens when the server resolves the site as plain HTTP - if you write "ppmforums.com" to a browser it may as well return the HTTP site but the cookie works for HTTPS.

Could we force the http://ppmforums.com to imminently skip to HTTPS?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This happens on my end whenever I get to ppmsite rather than straight to the forums.
After ending all sessions and starting with a new one I have to log in again.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've just tweaked the .htaccess to force https in these cases. Try now.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kind of a late confirmation, but didn't really fix the problem for me at least. I always access the forums using a bookmark that points straight to the HTTPS URL anyway.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
DaubertMotion
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would it be possible to have a bot go through the media hut and create a spreadsheet like the attached?

PPM Media Hut Index.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  PPM Media Hut Index.xls
 Filesize:  43.5 KB
 Downloaded:  13 Time(s)

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be a lot of effort to program a bot to automate without tagging all of the posts first, even scanning for keywords won't help with probably more than 1/3 of them. It would most likely be quicker just to manually do said spreadsheet.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While some data like the forum link, author and posted time are pratically given away, some of the data like the real downlod link or the the preview picture is not that obvious. Things like filetype is even harder. Unit type and faction requires human intervention (I have to set manually the keywords for each of them in each topic).

Anyway, I won't do such bot now. However, I do have a working project of eventually showing up a thumb of the preview in the forum listing. A part of it is already coded. Another part was postponed, since I have to finish the SEO project first.

DaubertMotion
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok.  Would it be any use to you if I finished the spreadsheet for at least the 3d models?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest, in a low term, I don't think so. In a long term, maybe it should help me with some of the keywords.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Suggestion: Add support for unicode emojis. Attempting to post them results in a "Could not insert new word matches" error.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The forum doesn't use unicode internally, so I am not surprised with it. Anwyay, just wondering, what is the advantage of using unicode emoji over the current smilies?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i guess for copy pasting between different devices (like mobile), since they are part of a text, not a special html code.

On a different note (just an idea): How about a mini chat next to each topic?
It's sad to see so many people leaving forums for inferior chat programs like Discord, where the usual chit chat spam replaces the interesting stuff in seconds.
No clue why people insist on using a chat even for storing/exchanging data, but they do.
Or why they prefer having discussions about many different topics in the same channel, all mixed together and none followable through the mess.
And nothing ever possible to find again, since the discord search is as shit as any other. (a critique also for ppm, whose search could be a lot better)

Maybe if PPM had a little side-chat possible for each topic, one which only holds about 100 messages but can be used to discuss the topic and refine the information before eventually transforming it into a real post/reply in the topic, it could help PPM getting back more activity.

Public SHPs

Tools

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
what is the advantage of using unicode emoji over the current smilies?

There are over 3,000 unicode emojis at the present moment, versus the 98 that PPM has. Common reaction symbols like the thumbs up and down emojis are entirely missing from PPM's emoji catalog.

In addition, it's very easy to type emojis on almost any device. On Windows, you can type Win Key + . to open the emoji menu.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
No clue why people insist on using a chat even for storing/exchanging data, but they do.

Because it allows for far quicker exchange of ideas and feedback, thus speeding up development. On forums you often have to wait a day or more for people to respond to a single idea.

It's not really fair to compare forums to IM services like Discord. Forums are not well suited for chatting. It's like comparing letters to phone calls.

But to each their own. Feel free to stick to yet another dying platform until technological and cultural evolution finally forces you to move on Smile I'm not bashing PPM in particular, but let's face it. The heyday of forums is long gone.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Emojis are gay and can be taken out of context like all things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 5 [248 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!