Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:16 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Search lights
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
curlupanddie
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject:  Search lights Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there a way i can add search lights to my units?

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think so, only buildings (add the following code into rules.ini)

Code:
HasSpotlight=true

I tried it on a harvester but nothing (the game probably has trouble with a spotlight moving around a moving vehicle, hence why it only works on stationary buildings)

curlupanddie
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

grrr....

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

grrrr.... indeed.

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What you COULD try is using the spotlight graphic, the actual spot as the explosion for a weapon, and the "beam" as a particle effect? I dont know, like a Railgun almost with a target point and a beam... make a spotlight weapon...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does moving units accept ActiveAnimations? Or they have any type of active animation? If yes, you can sorta emulate a moving spotlight with that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes that could be interesting for very dark night mission ! Shocked good idea

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... No I dont THINK moving units can have moving animations, if you notice, the Mammoth Mk.II totaly stops when it fires.

Though if you think about it, would it be so horrible for a unit to stop moving in order to "spot" something? Its like haveing a designated spotter who roams around, shines the light on the target so everybody else can attack it.

JUST HAD A THOUGHT: Railguns do ambient damage, so a unit with a railgun that can move and shoot would kill its self by walking into its own damaging particle effect. So maybe you can have an animation on a moving unit, you just need to add a particle effect to a normal weapon and see, if that works, then you SHOULD be able to add a moving spotlight to a unit...

Though if you indeed cant move when the spotlight is on, a scout Orca would be cool... essentialy it would hover in place and shine the light, staying stationary like police helicopters, though it the target moves too far away I think it would sort of flash, shining at max range untill it had to adjust position and try again... perhaps something funny with max/min range would fix it?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mhh remember that every unit have to stop to fire, exept the orca bomber who attack in move.

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont know, the Mammoth Mk.II seems to literaly freeze up when it fires, but maybe its me...

Any ideas about what to use for the particle effect? I guess we just need to take apart the searchlight entries up towards the top and use the individual parts...

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there not a targeting laser in the game. If so why don't you try changin it to look like a spot light.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it´s just a red line...

Sapp726
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there is a way, ive done it before but i think it does a light around the unit, and not in front of it or whatever

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean it shines a spotlight on the target, but there is no sweeping spotlight? Thats fine to me, but curlupanddie may have a diferent idea...

Hmmmm.... Perhaps you could make a flair weapon? Have a bomb weapon that airbursts into our spotlight weapon... so what happens is the aircraft will overfly the target, drop a bomb, airburst, and the target is uluminated... what do you think?

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think sapp726 is trying to say that it puts a spotlight around the unit that uses the spot light, but not on the enemy unit. And your your idea... Sounds a little werid, but it might work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lets go back to the hoarses mouth, what do you mean Sapp?

The flair would work asuming we can indeed create a spotlight weapon, though it might be better if you could adjust tyhe radius of the spotlight, have a parabomb that iluminates a certain radius...hmmm......

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to note that ANY unit is immune to it's own weapon. And if you put the TypeImmune=yes flag in the unit's code, unit's of the same kind can't hurt eachother. So9 the MM2 doesn't stop in order to avoid damaging itself...

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

another question about the spotlights, in the missions the spotlights sweep around the towers they are mounted on, and when they spot an enemy unit they shine the light on it and follow it. How do i get it to do this in multiplayer.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If anyone ever makes the flare weapon I'd like to get that for my mod. Also what is the name of the spotlight's animation.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Sapp726
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what i meant is what ts said and wtf u mean by horse's mouth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tratos wrote:
another question about the spotlights, in the missions the spotlights sweep around the towers they are mounted on, and when they spot an enemy unit they shine the light on it and follow it. How do i get it to do this in multiplayer.

I'd like to know too

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm.... give it a weapon. The weapon has a white line projectile and white ball as warhead and give a sound to the warhead animation... well, I think it sorta works...

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The horse's mouth is an expression that means the person who said it.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
hmmm.... give it a weapon. The weapon has a white line projectile and white ball as warhead and give a sound to the warhead animation... well, I think it sorta works...

Sorry Banshee, but whose question are you answering there?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've answered your question (check below):

Tratos wrote:

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so hase somebody put together a spotlight weapon or not?

Sorry Sapp, but yes, it emans "back to the person who said it"

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon