Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
GDI's New Superweapon: Ion Storm
Moderators: j4m3sb0nd
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject:  GDI's New Superweapon: Ion Storm Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well i havent seen anyone try yet, so i thought i would give it a go. Wink

NOTE: ALTHOUGH THE LIGHTNING DOES NOT ALIGN IN THE SCREENSHOTS, IT LOOKS FINE IN GAME, AS THE EXPLOSIONS TRIGGER WHERE THE LIGHTNING HITS, BUT THE LIGHTNING HITS SO FAST IT IS HARD TO TAKE SCREENSHOTS OF IT EVEN WHEN IT IS ALL OVER THE MAP.

---

GDI’s most powerful super weapon has been developed & honed to ionic perfection, the Ion Storm is triggered via an energy suppression field which builds up ion molecules in the predesignated area’s atmosphere, when released the Ion Storm wreaks havoc & destruction upon the land by striking down with focused Ion Strikes which cause massive damage.

---

GDI’s latest super weapon, the incredibly powerful Ion Storm, is controlled & operated all within the Ion Storm Control Centre; It is here that it is decided where to designate an ion storm, & it is here that all the complex methods that must be taken to cause an ion suppression field are calculated. In summary the Ion Storm Control Centre utilises the new modulations installed on GDI’s Ion Control Satellite. (Notorious for its primarily used super weapon, the Ion Cannon)

Ionstorm4.jpg
 Description:
Teaser 3! :P
 Filesize:  484.22 KB
 Viewed:  33231 Time(s)

Ionstorm4.jpg

Ionstorm2.jpg
 Description:
Teaser 2 :P
 Filesize:  554.35 KB

Ionstorm2.jpg

Ionstorm3.jpg
 Description:
Teaser 1 :P
 Filesize:  552.36 KB

Ionstorm3.jpg

ionsp.gif
 Description:
Ion Storm Control Centre.
 Filesize:  16.04 KB

ionsp.gif

ionstorm_icon.jpg
 Description:
Ion Storm Cameo,
 Filesize:  16.3 KB

ionstorm_icon.jpg

Last edited by j4m3sb0nd on Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ion Storm Control Centre Cameo.

ionstormbuilding.jpg
 Description:
Ion Storm Control Centre Cameo.
 Filesize:  17.56 KB
 Viewed:  33229 Time(s)

ionstormbuilding.jpg

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to be an ion storm control centre, it doesnt look very high tech :S

Painkiller
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very good the ion storm looks very devastating nad would certainly cause major damage Smile

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks painkiller ! Smile

Lol Christophski, it is a radar-like installation made not too bring too much attention Wink lol. Neutral

VW x frt
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks extreme usefull!
also in the game  Rolling Eyes

Thanks to LazerAce7 for the kick-@$$ sig and avatar Smile
MSN Name: fridrikur@hotmail.com
People... i need help for TS Flying Blood.. add me at msn if u wan't to help

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I noticed something with the meteor center.... It overlaps with the helipad in the first screenie... I suggest giving it a 4x2 base... like that of the Kodiak... other than that.. i like this.. though I suggest you make the lighting bolts more angular. They look a bit... straight...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol thanks, its a bit hard too do that with the lightning bolts - as they have to be tiles Neutral

yoursoluckyimcute
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi j4m3sb0nd ireacon the ion storm is kool you should make more thing that kool well bye then

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol #Tongue thankyou step-brother.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Frigging hell Smile

Superweapons get better and better  Smile

One thing, can you make it so that if the Ion Center is damaged you see really high tech stuff inside? So its unnoticable on the outside.. until damaged you see all the wonderful stuff that makes Ion Storms Wink

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Smile

haha awesome idea, if i get around to it i will indeed have a look into it, hehe. Wink

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You aren't the only one here working on an ion storm weapon...its kinda hard using the games' warhead.  And getting it to show up is hard too.  Have any ideas to help?  I could help you with your mod too, if you want.  I rock at coding!

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, i will be fine thanks Wink  You just need the anim to be a debris that spawns another anim, very easy! Smile

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks
now to test...by the way, how are you implementing this superweapon?  It just got to me.
My method is similiar to an EMP style.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a hunter seeker. Wink

Painkiller
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

James i just wanna say that im becoming very excited and interested in your mod it does what no other mods have done before, invent cool new superweapons. And it looks exciting Very Happy im supporting you all the way!

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow thanks man! So glad you like it that much & the support is VERY much appreciated!! Smile Very Happy

VW x frt
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I said it again! It's awsome!! Very Happy

Thanks to LazerAce7 for the kick-@$$ sig and avatar Smile
MSN Name: fridrikur@hotmail.com
People... i need help for TS Flying Blood.. add me at msn if u wan't to help

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hahaha! Smile

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, and are you using custom made lightning?  Just thought I'd ask.  Still having troubles.  And when does the mod go public.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, i made the lightning & cameo from hand. Smile

To be advised public date Wink but i would imagine a beta isnt too far away if there be some testers.

Painkiller
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can be a beta tester James, besides i need the experience i'll test it throughly and find any problems that need to be sorted out

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile I trust i can trust you! hehe! Very Happy afrer the new terrain is implemented i will probably release a beta for my testers, so it should not be too long painkiller! Smile

soader
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol ilike it all, btw im wondering if you wanna use this, its my first attempt at a SHP building, and i need some opinions, if you like it you can use it

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can improve the textures... but nice start.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its funky. #Tongue

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey! Star Wars galactic battlegrounds spaceship explosions! it looks weird in TS.

soader
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heres another one, my second attempt its a nod refinery

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not bad. But I thought this mod was done with?

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah it is done... Nobody reads my released thread do they. #Tongue

& uhm not bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon