Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
Hunter Seekers?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:40 am    Post subject:  Hunter Seekers? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im about to try some experiments with the hunter seeker logic, and Im wondering what you all can tell me beforehand.

1) I'd like to use the hunter seeker special weapon as a primary weapon on a unit. ie: when the hypothetical "drone APC" attacks the Hand of Nod, instead of firing a normal weapon, a Hunter Seeker pops out of the back and zooms over to the Hand, blowing it up...

2) The special movement logic for Hunter Seeker attacking. It has special variables for descent, the distance out to begin and the speed to do so. Can this be applied to aircraft? ie: the orca fighter flies at a cruise level of 1200 (twice the actual height of the unit in game) but when attacking will descend the the height of 600 (the current cruise level in game) in order to fire

What do you all think?

tyrane
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good idea very good idea maybe instead of a hunter seeker though you could try and make something like a terror drone from Ra2 so it will destroy the building and will try to attack any nearby soldiers

ya know what i think this might be my first good idea

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your idea for 1) is good but you'll have to make it deploy to fire the drone as you can't have superweapons on moving units. Also there's the matter of whenever you undeploy said vehicle you'll reset the sw timer unless you apply the sw to two structures, the primary building stays at your base and allows the sw to charge unaffected and the secondary building (the deployed unit) allows you to actually fire it. Just add the deployed unit to the list of structures the seeker can come out of and not the primary building.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
2) The special movement logic for Hunter Seeker attacking. It has special variables for descent, the distance out to begin and the speed to do so. Can this be applied to aircraft? ie: the orca fighter flies at a cruise level of 1200 (twice the actual height of the unit in game) but when attacking will descend the the height of 600 (the current cruise level in game) in order to fire

Internal Error, I think, not sure....

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So superweapons can be fired automaticaly as a normal weapon. Twisted Evil excelent...

but you dont think the special movement codes will work? Hmmm, its no biggie realy. Though you have to admit, aircraft diving to attack would be pretty cool. Hmmm, wonder if you could also make it climb too?

I guess a good way to test would be to give hunter seekers a weapon that doesent destroy the seeker, like a misisle or something.

So I guess I'll need to make them selectable, give them a sight radius and make it invulnerable. Woosh, off to the ini!

tyrane
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i thought it was a good idea Sad

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:57 am    Post subject: Test #1 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alright, I made the "Test" seeker that is selectable and the primary weapon was reset to "bomb", still trying to give it sight...

first test results: using the "follow" key I tracked the hunter seeker, it found the enemy base and rather erraticaly revealed small portions of the map and "dove" on its intended targets. Basicaly descending on its selected target and bobbing over it for a second or two before starting again or moving on to a new target. No reason why it didnt release bomblets.

thoughts: I'm going to try the hover locomotor and maybe the aircraft or jump trooper ones.

Here are my goals:
1) change the weapon on hunter seekers
2) require hunter seekers to reload after x shots
3) limit the range of hunter seekers like that of normal weapons

any ideas folks?

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to turn the HS Super Weapon into an Airstrike weapon, change the image of thee HS into an Orca Bomber and change its weapon to where it fires the weapon at the designated target and then flies offboard the map, Im asking first before I have to deal with any Internal Errors that usually accompany any new idea

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if there's any return code for the seeker as it was designed to be a suicide weapon. Although it does have the same locomotor as all the other flying units so it makes sense for it to be able to dock and reload.

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't anticipate any trouble with reloading...

Right now Im hung up on the weapons change, though Im thinking that with the special descend to attack logic it may be to low to drop a bomb? I think I'll go change it so the seeker wont descent to attack...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon