Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 am
All times are UTC + 0
Having Trouble With Finalsun
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
X-Trade
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject:  Having Trouble With Finalsun Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've been working on a singleplayer map in finalsun - even though it seems pretty tempermental with many of the features.

first of all, and most importantly. My map seems to cause an internal error just as the scenario is loaded into TS... im not sure why this should be happening.
also, whenever i load my map in finalsun again for editing, and try to save it, it warns me that the human player is not set up right and that 'the map appears to be a multiplayer map with houses', even though i have corrected these before, whenever i load the map again the settings appear to have defaulted back!

i would also like to note that when using many of the terrain/ground items, the editor randomly places shore pieces around a 5x5(or slightly more) square around my tile, even if i am placing a road or with a piece of clear ground on 1x1. is this a common bug?

anyway, i have attached my map, i would appreciate it if someone could tell me why it always crashes (just a few secconds into the gameplay)!

m1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  m1.zip
 Filesize:  65.54 KB
 Downloaded:  278 Time(s)

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am affraid i cant help you about the actual mission erroring or the players not setup right, although i can tell you how to fix the shore error.

'i would also like to note that when using many of the terrain/ground items, the editor randomly places shore pieces around a 5x5(or slightly more) square around my tile, even if i am placing a road or with a piece of clear ground on 1x1. is this a common bug?'

It happens from the autoshore feature, annoying indeed, but its simply fixed from this happening in the future if you turn off autoshore.

catgirlover
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey this is catgirlover im at a library right now but next time im on the comuter at home i might be able to tell you. By the way dose it crash the computer or just Tiberian Sun??

X-Trade
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it just causes an IE in tiberian sun.
funny cos i had a dream last night that it worked, lol.

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry I know this is not Questions forum but I want to ask how I can put moving the train on the railroad and how vechicles on the street ???

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I load the map and go to houses the house of human player was on none. Change it to the house you want.

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I cant understand.

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Go to Edit - Houses, and set a house. For some reason, when you set house to whatever, then set an object's owner as the same as the set house, when you start a game on that map, the object doesn't appear, or seem to even exist at all.

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Wiziwig
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

>< Have you made sure that the map is saved as .map and NOT .mpr?

Also, about the shore thing, I sometimes have that problem as well, I guess it's just a natural F*** up in Final Sun.

ALSO, in Houses, theres a small drop down window called 'House of Human Player', change this to the house you are going to be playing.

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just said how to fix houses, Wiziwig! But when you make the house the same as what you're going to play as, any objects on the map assigned with the same owner as your house will not appear ingame (which I just said).

Last edited by Sir Modsalot on Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Wiziwig
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I knew that   Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Wiziwig on Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then, why did you post about houses?

Wiziwig
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um, sorry?  Confused

I was just making everything easier for the little guy to understand.

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, then.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wiziwig made things much clearer to understand, I am on about those two boxes on the house editing window, with house of human player and then below it is the window where you edit some things for each house, the top box had nothing in it, so the player had no house according to that.

Basically the drop down window that wiziwig was talking about.

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But how I can connect Bullet Train Car with Bullet Train ?

geekspeek
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

start your own thread if you have questions, raimo.  You know how to do that, right?

This mod is dead!
Ackron wrote:
It would be good if it was better.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This thread is about a problem with a map, that people are trying to help with, the author if this thread would want people who read it, to see if they can offer soloutions to his / her problems. By different questions in other peoples thread you disrupt their thread and chances of their problems being helped. Go into the forum that is most appropriate for your bullet train question and post it in there so people can help you.

icecool777
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i think the problem in the source in notepad can be the missing overlaydata pack because it dont have one and every one other map has one,u delete isomappack5 as it takes up 2 much filesize and takes ages to load but this map used to have an overlaydata pack now it missing but can Any FinalSun editor Expert or anyone solve this, take a look at pic
(SEE instead of loading the grapthics its just Numberfied......[/img]

icecool777
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well anyone know OR NOPE ????

icecool777
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I doubt someones smart enough to know nope?

icecool777
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone actually In any forum chatting?

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ever hear of an edit button? ever hear of starting your own topic? ever hear of patience? I think not

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does it look like that in-game? No? Then there's nothing wrong. Stop posting in this topic over and over, same goes for your topic on TiberiumSun.com .

icecool777
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok ill stop posting over and over ill calm down my adhd diease ok more pills damn!

icecool777
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok what it is im making a new map in Final sun map editor, and bridges disappear everytime i save it and test it out on SKIRMISH, also when i reload it into FINALSUN the bridges are Gone what bug is this if anyone knows any info to FIX it or anyone with any interesting advice on FinalSun, any finalsun pros if possible?

Styledatol
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no problem with finalsun. According to the screenshot I am forced to conclude that you probably erased some mod you might have had before, or that you edited one of the following files
Rules.ini
Art.ini
Tibsun.mix
and screwed something up. Best way to solve this problem is to replace those files with the original ones and to reinstall finalsun.

EDIT:
The temperate file might have an error too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon