Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:08 am
All times are UTC + 0
Unused Star Strike Cameo Assets
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject:  Unused Star Strike Cameo Assets Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So far:

T-72
Battleships
HMVEEs
Abrams Tanks

(This list will get progressively longer as I waffle over the selection of cameos.)
EDIT: I forgot, credit me if u are gonna use these cameos.

T72Ico.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.84 KB
 Viewed:  15771 Time(s)

T72Ico.png

Last edited by EVA-251 on Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Prime
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The bevels are not good, the icons are pixelated, and the angles are ass-ugly.

Sorry, but I hate them, You should slightly blur the images when you resize them, it helps ALOT. Photoshop automatically does it, so I cannot tell you exactly HOW MUCH to blur them. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prime wrote:
The bevels are not good, the icons are pixelated, and the angles are ass-ugly.

Sorry, but I hate them, You should slightly blur the images when you resize them, it helps ALOT. Photoshop automatically does it, so I cannot tell you exactly HOW MUCH to blur them. Smile
Well ouch. Was it neccessary to be that rude?
I took quite some time making those. Sure, I could slightly blur them, but not everybody owns photoshop! I use paint, and wally to detail the cameos with a more colorful sky or such.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He wasn't being rude. HE PUT A SMILY FACE ON!!!  Smile  Smile  Smile ... j/k

I think they're pretty good, especially the Battle Ship ones. But the angles are pretty bad, and some of them are too blurry. Better than anything I could of done, though...

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me no like them.. they're bad..

But this is my opinion..

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dont worry, I dont care what happens to this topic anymore. For all I care, it can go to the purgatory.

Prime
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You really should care enough about your work to not go all "oh noes ppl r beeng meen" mode on us. We are trying to help, and you refuse it.  Confused

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prime wrote:
You really should care enough about your work to not go all "oh noes ppl r beeng meen" mode on us. We are trying to help, and you refuse it.  Confused

Prime, you don't try and help anyone - you insult people then add smiley faces to try and make it seem to be a joke, sometimes adding very basic advice along the lines of 'Use photoshop!'.

Prime
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you not read my message? I said he ought to blur the cameos to remove pixelation, and to improve the bevel.  Confused

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prime:
I do not n00b speak very often, rarely matter of fact
And 2: You are the one who is mean, and rude not the others. You dont just speak suggestions, but every rude though that comes into your head. I have records of my conversations with u and how you took enjoyment into flaming Cabal and I.
T72 Fix by Yurisarmy...
Bradley and Bship fixs by me...
I applied a light blur to them.

BradleyIco.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.72 KB
 Viewed:  15661 Time(s)

BradleyIco.png

T72Ico.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.84 KB

T72Ico.png

BshipIco.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.9 KB

BshipIco.png

Prime
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those look MUCH better! You should also make the black bar darker to fit in better. Wink

And eva, I flamed cabal simply because he was a moron twit.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, that is why I kept a source image around....

Xeno
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As long as it is constuctive critisim, like prime said, then its fine. Anyway its the only way for you to learn if people express what they really think.

Hell that's how i'm learning  Wink

Prime
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Couldn't have said it better.

Anyways, I love the bradley IFV, but as stated, the black bars must be darker.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those looks very blurry... But idea was good, keep going to get good work!

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eva-251, when you first came to PPM, did you get flamed by CABAL-901? For saying that you were his little brother? Or was that another EVA?

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2nd batch of Cameos are MUCH better Wink

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did... It is because he hijacked a topic called Grizzly Reborn, then posted my Land Carrier and Hover Destroyer as his own, and I joined this forum for one purpose, to get credit for those vxls, and he flamed me. Yep.
Thanks.
DonutArnold: How are they blurry?

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*clears throat*

I deserve a little credit there..

Anyways.. they look good.. better than I could do.. for RA2 style, anyways..

"Banned" RP here

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler why do you deserve credit?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sigh, for pointing out my bro for stealing the works of mine.

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah i see.

These cameos look pretty good...although i am not the biggest fan of cameos made from real images.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Prime
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thankfully cabal has left RA2 modding, it seems. Had he stayed, god knows what would happen here.  Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!