Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
Found some bugs
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
OutOfAmmo
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject:  Found some bugs Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I noticed two bugs while I was playing today(I have version 2.5).

-The first bug was that when I ordered multiple minigunners, only a fraction would be built. I don't know what happened to the money(it was moving too fast).

-The second bug I noticed was when I built the HoN, I could build chem warriors. I thought  I needed a Nod temple to for these.

Also, I'm not sure if these was a bug or not, but I remember being able to send my infantry back into the barracks/HoN to heal them, like a service depot. Was this feature removed for 2.5?

"Yes, I love technology, but not as much as C&C...but I still love technology, always and forever"

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the first bug is cos those soldiers're trained too fast; there can't be comming 2 soldiers at once. But it doesn't realy matter cos you'll get your money back from them (the soldiers you didn't be able to train)

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should need a Temple of Nod to make them, but it is a beta after all...

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

OutOfAmmo
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mr. Pokey wrote:

Can I just edit the tech level in the ini file?

Also, something I forgot to mention: when I build a SAM site, instead of the launcher staying in the ground and deploying when aircraft come by, it stays deployed TS-style. Is there a way to fix this?

"Yes, I love technology, but not as much as C&C...but I still love technology, always and forever"

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OutOfAmmo wrote:
Mr. Pokey wrote:

Can I just edit the tech level in the ini file?

No, you need to add the "NATMPL" to the "Prerequisite" entry in the rulez.ini.

OutOfAmmo wrote:

Also, something I forgot to mention: when I build a SAM site, instead of the launcher staying in the ground and deploying when aircraft come by, it stays deployed TS-style. Is there a way to fix this?

Nope, at least no way I know of, else I had already done that.

the issue with some minigunners not being built is a bug of TS in general, because units that cost less than 120 credits are simply built too fast, the game can't handle that.

about the infantry being healed in the barracks/hon, are you sure? I never put such a feature in RotD, nor did I change anything for 2.5... Confused

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Quote:

Nope, at least no way I know of, else I had already done that.

Isn't there possible to make it have the charging animation (like the obelisk)
so the turret would come out from the underground. The only thing is that I'm  not sure will the turret appear only when it'll charge, or will it be visible all the time Confused

btw, how do you set that name into that "quote" "like OutOfAmmo wrote:"? yes, I'm still that n00b

*edited*

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then it'll do that before every shot it fires... which would look stupid. Not to mention I don't think there's a decharge animation, meaning it'll be back to its underground state just after it fires, without an animation making it go back underground.

[edit]
Just press the Quote button next to a post instead of the Reply button.

Jokeman
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri 05 wrote:

Isn't there possible to make it have the charging animation (like the obelisk)
so the turret would come out from the underground. The only thing is that I'm  not sure will the turret appear only when it'll charge, or will it be visible all the time Confused

well... we had a fully functional sam in a previous beta version... i've used the charging anim and the shoot anim (cant't remember the right name) to animate the turrent...

the problem was, that i had to make the missle-silo a "bib", what means that you could move over it with units...
the second problem was a little graphics error... sometimes a little corner of the missle-silo was missing

Talhydras
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, umm... downloaded RotD, but my friend and I can't seem to change maps. We freshly installed TS, installed RotD and the two music packs, and are limited to Grand Canyon.

While Grand Canyon is fun, it doesn't have support for four or more players.

And old style maps sound so nice...

In the readme!!.txt it recommends patching TS up to 2. something, yet both our TS installs say they're already that version after installing the mod... should we uninstall, get the patch, and reinstall in order to access more maps?

Oh yes. Both of us agree: You guys are amazing, and we love you so much.

Cheers!

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

umm... normally the mod should not influence the TS version... but I'd advice you to install any patches BEFORE adding the mod.

Did you install the ROTD map pack?

Talhydras
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oops. Further updates on my pathetic little problem (whee Very Happy)

All right. So, I figured out that if you don't use Dawn.exe you just get regular TS which is NOT patched up to spec. So, being somewhat mod literate I hunted down TS 2.03 patch and made my friend (who has the DSL) download it for me. Hopefully later on we'll attempt to hack together some kind of fix, because right now neither the random map creation nor the "multiplayer map" option do anything at all; the game settings screen just re-loads every time we click one of those.

And we'd really like to play a larger, more epic game. Very Happy

So, Nyerguds, would you recommend just uninstalling the files that RotD installed before applying the patch and then reinstalling the mod?

Or should we just nuke our TS copies and reinstall from scratch?
Thanks for the help!
Tal

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just install the patch. Normally it can't influence ROTD in any way.
Then just launch dawn.exe and play :p

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon