Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 am
All times are UTC + 0
Should we create Generals Editing Board?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Should PPM have a Generals Editing Board?
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
No
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 9

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject:  Should we create Generals Editing Board? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, it wouldnt have that name... maybe something like Gen: Barracks, but... I dont know if we could really do that, because I believe that most of ppl here are N00BS and that the boards wouldnt progress that much...What do you think? Should PPM have a Generals Editing Board?

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, not yet, bearing in mind what has happened at other less fortunate boards (NOOB invasions) i don't think it would be a good idea, also, there is the fact that PPM is still working on a TS mod and then will be working on a RA2 mod, so whilst no-one here is modding Generals, perhaps it should be left out, for now.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest I do think we should have one yet. We'll end up with too much on our plate plus as far as I know, me and you are the only two with copies of generals that we can run (correct me if i'm wrong.)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One Of A Kind wrote:
To be honest I do think we should have one yet.

You mean "don't". Don't you?

One Of A Kind wrote:
as far as I know, me and you are the only two with copies of generals that we can run (correct me if i'm wrong.)

Maybe if you count the active members of this forum, it's probably only us, but the inactive members... there are lots of them modding Generals already...

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do think we should have a Generals Board, it will bring more people to the forums. And I know at first it will be flooded with noobs, but after a while of exsperience and help, they wont be noobs no more Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a bit of PPM ideology so far, TS, except that TS and RA2 already started with forums exclusive for non-n00bs. However, in the moment, we are unable to do the same strategy with Generals, because we dont have non n00bs here. Even if we have one, look at what happened with the Warcraft 3 forums? Tapek knows a lot about it, but he is completely alone.

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you build it... They will come...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you should wait one or two month before have a general editing source forum.

At the time this is no necessary... because people are discovering CnC Generals, in PPM forum there is not many member that have C&C Generals (i don't have it ).

We have to concentrate on Tsun and RA2 and when modding in CnC generals will be very popular as Tsun or Ra2, then a forum for it would be contemplate.

BTW, i would like to know your advice about it, Banshee, what do you think ?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think we need more experienced people before starting something like this... If ppl has problems and try to get our advice, we will probably unable to reply, so it's better to wait...

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, when do you think we will have exsperienced General modders?

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the faster technology advances the cheaper decent computers (by todays standards) will get, so haven't a clue but judging by the fact were going to war that should accelerate the process.

Tapek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No.

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If anything, the war is deffinately slowing down the proccess.

Tapek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

War?

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that thing where too countries go and blow the shit out of oneanother. And its been proven (i dont know by who or when, but it has ) that technology advances faster in times of war than peace, because governments research into new computer systems to guide missiles etc... and these advances can generally be transferred over to other areas, such as computers.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

however, it has been proven (i dont know who or when - probably after ww2, but it has) that it screw up the economy of the countries that participate of the war.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

also true, but the extent of the damage to the economy can be controlled.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but there are still losses...

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK guys, lets back to subject... Cool

Tapek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Delete this post  Mark this post and the followings unread

There will be no Generals Editing Board, at least not yet. The polls have spoken.

[ Locked ]

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon