Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
Chem warrior!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject:  Chem warrior! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you guys know who to create a chem warrior like the one from C&C95?

I mean, I can create the spray, but one of the things I wished in it was that it turned enemy soldiers into visceroids without modifying the original gas warhead (since it's used for other stuff). Does anyone has any ideas?

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ive seen it done looked like they made a weapon that just had a green flame dunno really.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tratos
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

could you create a new warhead and use the same principle the genetic mutator is based on in RA2 (just tell me if the logic doesn't exist).

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the logic from genetic mutator doesnt exist in TS

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried making an instant hit weapon that did it with the gas anim displayed as a gun anim. But that fell through because the anim doesn't display as it does when shot as say a flamethrower because that chains particles together.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OOAK, could you post the code? It would help...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:S.... ignored... can anyone help me with that?

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't it automatic banshee? But only happenes like 50% of the time?

I know the gas clouds defently turn some infantry into visceroids sometimes. Mayb you need to add Tiberium=yes to a warehead or somethink?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
; Tiberium = Does this warhead destroy tiberium (def=no)?

Tiberium=yes has nothing to do with it.

Maybe the line below has something to do with it:

Quote:
Color=DarkGreen

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd try the TIberium=yes line just to be sure, I remember adding the "isveinimmune=no" line to infantry and then they would be imobilized by the EMP cannon as well, kinda odd... though I could have done something else and just not noticed it...

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I have the answer for this....

As an example we take the chemical missile. Note, that when you fire it at a group of infantry, none of them will turn into visceroids. This is because they're killed by the CHEMICAL MISSILE and NOT by the gas clouds that come out of the missile.

However, any infantry that dies because of the CLOUDS (which have an attached [GAS] warhead, will turn into a baby visc, if the map supports it.

In short: Infantry will only turn in to visceroids when they're killed by a PARTICLE of an ANIMATION with an attached warhead that has Tiberium=yes to it. They will NOT be turned into visceroids by any WEAPON with a warhead that has Tiberium=yes to it.

Oddly, the [GAS] warhead by itself should create a particle by itself, so if you're thinking logically, any gas cloud with the [GAS] warhead should continuously spawn other gas clouds... but it doesn't. And here we get to the difference between a WEAPON with a warhead and a PARTICLE or ANIMATION with warhead. In case of the particle or ani, some warhead lines are ignored #evil

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

exactly, but the point is that I need a particle that doesnt moves, has the gas effects and and doesnt last more than 1 second.

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try cloning the gas particle, then change the wind effects or something like that....

Also, keep in mind that enemy soldiers dying from the gas won't be counted as your kill. (just like enemies dying from any warhead that's attached to an animation or a particle)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm... quite interesting...specially the count thing. I'll try.

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

basically it's because the animations have no 'owner', the game doesn't care what weapon it came from. In my mod (which i will release very soon), i have a more realistic ion cannon that doesn't do all the damage at once, but a certain amount of damage per ani frame.

Tapek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yoshi made a working Chem Warrior that sprays the shit for TS; ask him.

Yoshi
Hungry Hungry Lizard!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heres how I do it:

In YR I used the Genetic mutator logic, but it doesnt work quite right because it will mutate EVERYTIME, i used a short lived tib gas cloud for other weapons like the Tib Auto rifle in my RA2: Renegade mod. The short cloud would somtimes kill the infantry if the actually weapon didnt.

For TS, I did somthing simaler, unfortunatley you cant use Firesteam systems, so i would sujest somthing like the TD chem anims, which im working on now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fine... if you see this forum name, my case is TS. In TS you cant have the brute thing, but... firestream also doesnt work?

And, in my case, the warhead should be able to transform soldiers into visceroids (but it should move like chem clouds). Any ideas? Or... can you be more specific on that?

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The chemical clouds randumly turn infantry into visceroids. But i couldn't find anythink in clouds wareheads that make it do that. (does that halp?)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

check attached particle system to it

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TiberiumTransmogrify=100 ; was 40 or something, changing this will always turn the infantry into visceroids, might not be relevant to your qns but thought it might help..
THought the particle cloud system has 'Warhead=Gas' line in it, editing the [Gas] section might help, see everything is link to one another....'InfDeath=0' maybe?? I dunno...And it's safe to say that the Gas Cloud causes the infantry to transform into a visceroid rite?? Confused lol never really did notice....

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An alternative way you might be able to do it, I just thought of... You know how when a unit catches on fire, and then runs around flaming? Well, if you could find a way to extend the ammount of time he runs around flmaing, and change the animation to a visceroid... that might work...

Of course, it also might not...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that flame animation is declared in the beggining of the rules.ini. It's more hard coded than you think. Firestorm's solution so far looks like to be the best in the moment.

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's really simple:

*If you want a weapon that sometimes turns infantry into visceroids:
-Make a weapon with damage=0 and warhead=gas. The gas cloud created by the gas warhead will turn some infantry into visceroids, if the map supports it. However, any infantry dying from the gas will NOT, NEVER be counted as your kill.

*If you want the kills, a chem weapon with the gas cloud sys is not your option, try using a regular weapon like BAZOOKA but then with something like DIRTEXPL. However no infantry will turn in to visceroids because of this weapon.

*Just thought of something else: Create a weapon using my second solution, then make the warhead that has DIRTEXPL spawn a gas cloud...Infantry that die directly from your weapon (ie. the warhead that has DIRTEXPL as the anim) won't turn into viscs, but you'll get the kill, and any infantry that dies from the gas might turn into visceroids (tiberiumtransmogrify!!) but you'll NOT get the kill counted.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
*If you want a weapon that sometimes turns infantry into visceroids:
-Make a weapon with damage=0 and warhead=gas. The gas cloud created by the gas warhead will turn some infantry into visceroids, if the map supports it. However, any infantry dying from the gas will NOT, NEVER be counted as your kill.

- clouds moves. I dont want it moving...

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm.... give new anim state for the warhead? have the anim stats in art.ini have Next=Chem1, in Chem1 have it Next=Chem2...you get what i mean...Could make it sticky so that it sticks to the unit? Dunno if the sticky=yes actually work though.. But then if you wanted it sticky then you gonna make new anim that look like a toxin/chemical sludge thingy or something...sticking on to the enemy, Damaging the enemy bit by bit...

OR

You could juz copy the cloud anim SHP rename it to somethin else put it in game as a new animation, then give the warhead AnimList=NEWANIMNAME, but for it last you'll have to have Next=SOMETHING for the new anim in Art.ini...there you have it clouds that does not move... but for it to turn into visceroids...bleh I dunno what rules should be edited... Confused

Well juz my suggestions...

Yoshi
Hungry Hungry Lizard!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only thing that will make somthing turn to a Visceroid is if it has BehavesLike=Gas. If you make it a particle stream AND behave like gas the game will crash

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ouch :S.... then, I'd need something where I could use the gas, without having it moving... Maybe an animation that activated that or something like that, since I cant clone it. I'm still confused....

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, I've been thinking this through and I'm going to try coding it as soon as.

First, take the TD chem-spray anims and enlarge them to suit.

Next make an machine gun type weapon that uses the chem-spray as a firing anim thing.

Use the scorpion sniper stuff I did but make the gas cloud invisible so you get an invisible gas cloud there for a little while which converts the infantry.

So to summarize, you have a not-quite-instant-hit weapon with no projectile but a firing anim, who's warhead spawns an invisible gas-cloud which turns the infantry.

Yoshi
Hungry Hungry Lizard!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah thats how it works, ive done it in ra2: ren (ive changed them to firestream systems now though, so im still working on it) and in doomod

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon