Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
The fourth and IMO best way to get working air transport
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject:  The fourth and IMO best way to get working air transport Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would just like to add you have missed a VITAL way in which to get air transport to work, and which is the way i use in my unreleased mod

Banshee you posted 3 ways here http://www.entexplode.com/ts/modding.shtml

Firstly get say the Orca Tran
change all the normal attributes you would to try and add it e.g. Giving it an airpad, making it selectable and a legal target etc etc

Then simply add the line
"Carryall=yes" This allows it to act exactly like it should in all ways, except when unloading, it unloads 1 infantry at a time

No need for a weapon either

I hope that helps, IMO its easily the best way

- James

EDIT: Lol and of course it will act as a carry all too, but not similtaneously as being an infantry transport its either 1 or the other. As i do in my mod, if keeping its rules close to the default (armour etc) i would suggest making this unit a BuildLimit=1 as it can be quite a powerful tool Wink

UPDATE
I have taken this method much further (anyone who has played my mod Tiberian Sun Retro v1.1 will know this) you can give the unit paradropping ability (something NOT possible with any of the jump jet methods as they are hardcoded to stay still and not fly over there targets when firing even it its a action on the weapon itself) just play TS Retro v1.1 for this function and u can paradrop 5 infantry units(which is what the transport can carry) it works perfectly to the RA1 and RA2 parachuting (except for in RA2 infantry have a specific anim for paradropping for better effect).

Now this is a great feature as it is but it can be taken ANOTHER step forward and you can use the orca tran to carry a vechicle (as it is a carry all) and then paradrop that vehicle. It works perfect in all ways except for one little graphical fault that seems to occur. This is that the shadow becomes slightly out of sync with the vehicle, still a minor price to pay for these 2 great additions Smile

Tiberian Sun Retro Homesite
http://tiberiumstudios.editingsource.com[/url]

Key Words: #Tutorials #Modding #TiberianSun #Firestorm #Rules.INI 

Last edited by SMIFFGIG on Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No offense, but this is sorta lame. The air transport will take off and land everytime for each passenger it has. I deeply refuse to use such a technic. But anyway, thanks for the good intention of sharing it with us Wink. The 2nd way showed in the tutorial is the best because:

1) It acts like another C&C air transport
2) all passengers are released once
3) It releases passengers faster and safer than a carryall air transport.
4) some other reasons I dont wanna think about it now (lazy).

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree your way works better and i almost done it like that but

Dont it looky abit crazy exiting the war factory ??

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you think that the Night Hawk is crazy? And yea, it's a RA2 standard unit.... As for Chinook, at C&C Generals, it's built in the refinery (supply depot).

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the ones in RA2 have there own door at the top to come out of but in ts it wasnt made to work like that and does look weird.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is a tutorial. However, I do not recommend it.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Confused The problem with your 2nd way, Banshee, is that, because of using the jumpjet loco, the transport is invincible while in air! Confused Also, it doesn't see anything when flying... kinda weird, because the jumpjet does see quite a lot when flying Twisted Evil

So i've made this unit cloaked and gave it the name stealth air transport , it's basically a cloaked heli transport (with moving rotors). This way the player doesn't notice it's cloaked in air, as the enemy doesn't shoot it Razz

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thedvd wrote:
The problem with your 2nd way, Banshee, is that, because of using the jumpjet loco, the transport is invincible while in air! Also, it doesn't see anything when flying... kinda weird, because the jumpjet does see quite a lot when flying

Maybe we need to proceed with the Perfect Jumpjet Clone research...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think it is because the jumpjet=yes tag fixes this AND only works for infantry

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if u try to clone a jumpjet infantry and use
jumpjet=yes

you still get MAJOR problems

its very odd but happens in both TS and RA2

!!hardcoded!!

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i cloned jumpjet, and it works perfectly

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ive never tried it myself with infantry but AFAI knew it was impossible based on my tests with vehicles (impossible to work perfect i mean)

but if youve done it then im obviously wrong

btw anyway figured a way to make jumpjet infantry RA2 style simply putting

Landable=no dont work ?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thedvd wrote:
i think it is because the jumpjet=yes tag fixes this AND only works for infantry

- True. That's what I prooved yesterday in the Perfect JumpJet Clone research. But now I have a different objective: to find out how to make a vehicle use jumpjet and be damaged when it's in flying...

SMIFFGIG wrote:
if u try to clone a jumpjet infantry and use
jumpjet=yes

you still get MAJOR problems

its very odd but happens in both TS and RA2

!!hardcoded!!

- As far as I could test, I cloned the jumpjet and it worked perfectly. I haven't seen any major problems... what problem are you talking about?

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
major problems... what problem are you talking about?

What i said was wrong, i was basing it on what i had done testing wise with jumjet and vehicles

btw check the jumpjet clone research post

Karskin
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why dont u just make an exact clone of the orca air transport and make it buildable!!! That way it operates just like an air transport!! Confused

"Innocence proves nothing..."

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orca transport doesnt work as it should....

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The way is works is that it uses triggers...

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just say how to make it paradrop

Karskin
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Orca Transport Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ive cloned the orca before and it workded fine..anyway what doesnt work about it??

"Innocence proves nothing..."

Jango
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the orca transport doesn't work as it should in the lattest versions of the Tsun but I remember that it works perfectly for me in the older versions.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

helps if you actualy answer me in non vague language

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ackron the mighty wrote:

Pot...kettle....

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ackron the mighty wrote:

Well I have no idea what your on about, I understand what their saying. Maybe clarify what you want, instead of being a lazy ass.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ohh but that means i have to ty.....finish..my.. sentence for... me....zzzzzz
atualy i mean how did SMIFFGIG make the transoprt make units paradrop i know what you do you hold ctrl and click where you want it to fire i would like to know how to make the orca do this

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In fact, I posted a tutorial a long time ago here which had an explanation for it. I've noticed it disappeared and I wasnt the one who removed it O.o. I still have a copy of the version posted at Entertainment Explosion, thanks to an old email from Dougfunie. Here's the EE's version here:

3) For All Tiberian Sun/Firestorm Versions, but not recommended:

If you still want an aircraft, not a vehicle type, as transport, you can appeal to this way. The paratroop way. This solution was found a long time ago, but recently reminded by Vlad. It consists on making a transport that fires a weapon with the burst number = to the passengers number. I really can`t explain it that well, but here is the code that worked in my pc:

[PARATRAN]
Name=Paratroop Transport
Prerequisite=NAHPAD
Strength=1000
Primary=Parachute
Category=AirLift ; AirLift and AirPower doesn`t make difference in this
case.
Armor=heavy
Landable=yes
TechLevel=7
Sight=3
PipScale=Passengers
Speed=17
PitchSpeed=.4
FlightLevel=600 ; Optional line
RadarInvisible=yes; Optional line
Owner=Nod
Cost=1800
Points=25
ROT=5
Selectable=yes
Passengers=10
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=30-I000,30-I002,30-I004,30-I006
VoiceMove=30-I014,30-I016,30-I018,30-I022
VoiceAttack=30-I022,30-I034,30-I036
IsDropship=yes ; Another optional line
MaxDebris=9
Locomotor={4A582746-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=Fly
ThreatPosed=0
Dock=GADROP ; Note that GADROP doesn`t existed in the rules.ini from my pc, but I don`t think it really interferes in the unit...
SlowdownDistance=2000 ; This line is optional
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
LegalTarget=yes
AuxSound1=DROPUP1 ;Taking off
AuxSound2=DROPDWN1 ;Landing
Image=DSHP

[Parachute]
Damage=2
ROF=5
Range=5
Projectile=Invisible
Speed=100
Warhead=SA ; Choose the warhead of your preference
Report=none
Burst=10

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanx Will this actualy work???

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

worked here two years ago #Tongue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon