Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:01 am
All times are UTC + 0
Adding Your Custom VQA Movies In Tiberian Sun (***)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject:  Adding Your Custom VQA Movies In Tiberian Sun (***) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This Tutorial is rated 3 star ***

Adding Your Own Custom/Or Replacing VQA Movies In Tiberian Sun

In this part I will explain how to replace a existing movie in Tiberian Sun.

***** You must have the Firestorm Expansion disc or version 2.00 and above (I am running version 2.03) *****

Tools/Files Needed: XCC Mixer, XCC Mix Editor, VQA Encoder & TS/FS INI Files
*** XCC Mixer and XCC Mix Editor can be found at >> http://xccu.sourceforge.net/utilities/ ***
*** The Newest Version Of AVI/Image To VQA Encoder can be found at >> https://ppmforums.com/forum-102/community-tools/ ***
*** the INI files can be found at >> http://www.ztxproductions.com/files/inifiles.zip *** (INI Files Needed Only For The Advanced Section!)
*** FinalSun can be found here >> https://www.ppmsite.com/download/fs101.zip/ *** (Needed Only For The Advanced Section!)

This guide will tell you how to have your own custom VQA movies in Tiberian sun/Firestorm.

Firstly please make sure you are familiar with "<a href=http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1832>ugordan’s[/url]” AVI/Image To VQA Encoder, making a few movies first before you start this just to get used to making them.

Once you have your working VQA Movie (make sure by playing it in XCC Mixer or any other VQA player for Tiberian Sun). to put movie in the game you must first make sure the movie is named the same as the movie you are replacing. Below I have added a little list with the names of the VQA’s that appear ingame.

CAP_TRAT
COUP
VEGAWIN
DISKDEST
INTRO
GDI_M02
GDI_M03
GDI_M04
GDI_M05
GDI_M06
GDI_M07
GDI_M08
GDI_M09A
GDI_M09B
GDI_M09C
GDI_M10A
GDIM09CW
GDI_M11
GDI_M12A
HIDESEEK
ICESKATE
MECHATAK
EVA
NOD_M02
NOD_M03
NOD_M04
NOD_M06
NOWCNOT
ORCASTRK
PODASSLT
RETRBTN
TENEVICT
TRAINROB
NOD06ABW
EMPULSE
NOD_M09
STARTUP
ICBMLNCH
BEACHEAD
GDI_FINL
NOD_M05
GENNODL1
GDIM09D1
GDI01_SB
GDI02_SB
GDI03_SB
NOD_M07
NOD_M08
NOD_M10
NOD_M11
NOD_M12
NOD_FINL
NOD01_SB
NOD02_SB
GENWIN01
UFOGUARD
WWLOGO
KILL_GDI
KILLMECH
UNSTPBLE
N_LOGO_W
N_LOGO_L
NOD_FLAG
GDI_LOGO
GDI_FLAG
DAMBREAK

Below are all firestorm movies

FSGDIM02
FSGDIM03
FSGDIM07
FSNODM02
FSNODM06
FS_TITLE
FSNODM01
FSNODM03
FSNODM04
FSNODM07
FSNODM09
FSNODM05
FSNODM08
MEKATAK2
FSGDIM04
FSGDIM05
FSGDIM06
FSGDIM08
FSGDIM09
FSGDIFNL
FSGDIINT
FS_SB01
TS_TITLE
FSNODFNL

Once you have found the movie you want to replace, make a new mix file name called expand##.mix (where ## is any number from ‘02’to ‘99’), then using the XCC Mix Editor to add the VQA to the expand##.mix file in your Tiberian sun directory.

Now when you run the game you will find that the original movie that played at a certain point in the game (say in or in-between a mission or a simple start up movie) will be replaced with your own custom movie.

that is the simple part, enjoy Smile

Advanced Section

In this part I will explain how to add a movie in Tiberian Sun.
*Please Note: this can only be used for missions, you can NOT add you own movies to anywhere in TS/FS that you feel like!*

now that you have successfully (I hope) completed the above tutorial for replacing TS movies, we are going to go in depth more to adding your own movies for mission use. Say briefings or opening movies for a mission. You will have to download the INI files (look at top) if you have not already got them #Tongue. the only two files we will be using is ART.INI and ARTFS.INI (only use ARTFS.INI if you have firestorm installed, if not, use ART.INI and it will still work fine) open up the INI file needed depending on if you have firestorm installed or not and scroll down to the bottom of the file. There you will find a list of the movies in game. Please do not remove any of the file names listed or you may get errors (this has not been tested yet) add a new number onto the bottom of the list XX=(your movie name) and save the file (you may add any amount of entry’s to the list but there may be a hardcoded limit. But I have never had a problem when I add 5 movies to the list)

now to have your movie work in a mission you must make a new map using final sun or edit a existing map, if you feel like it or making the mission work with your mod. In final sun make sure you have your map working before you try this or you may get errors. (in professional mode) go edit > single player settings, in this box's it is all self explanatory, just select you movie from the list or lists and save your mission. Now do all the necessary stuff needed to make your mission selectable/playable and play. Then at the point you selected your movie to play in final sun it should play. If not please check that you have put your movie into a ‘expand##.mix’ file (where ## is any number from ‘02’ to ‘99’). If it is still not playing, go back and try the tutorial again and see if you missed anything out.

as for going a little bit further into it I think you can make movies play that are attached to a trigger, just like RA1 did (I have not tested this myself as I don’t understand triggers yet #Tongue)

if you have any problems with the VQA Encoder Please do not post here, but ask here > http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=102

if you have any problems understanding this tutorial please PM me or post here Mr. Green

Big thanks to ugordan and he's VQA encoder, big help to making my TS modding dream come true #Tongue

--TShyper--

Last edited by CCHyper on Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:32 am; edited 5 times in total

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DUDE!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well thanks Cooli'm sure i'll be using this in the future

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon