:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Sat May 30, 2020 7:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Modding Central » Media Hut
Process display of some personal creations
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Noble_cat
Vehicle Driver


Joined: 24 Oct 2019

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject:  Process display of some personal creations
Subject description: Probably just for mod Eretenal Cronus?
Reply with quote

For the first time, I use ppm to make my personal comments. For the first time, please forgive me.
Recently, I have some free time to finish my mod production, so I spent a lot of time to make my model. Maybe it's better to share progress here?


Noble.png
 Description:
Some previews of the current model progress
 Filesize:  130.63 KB
 Viewed:  752 Time(s)

Noble.png



_________________
Like me~
Want me to help you revenge~
Envy? Hey? Excited~
Is it not enough to have me?
Are all fake~

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID
TAK02
General


Joined: 28 Jun 2015
Location: It was Damascus.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...

No, really, but what do you intend others to use them as if you want to share them?
Or what use do you want or give them in your mod?

This has potential.
_________________
One and only developer of C&C S. True Supremacy.
Youtube: C&C Supremacy Mod | Skype: TAK02 Supreme CnC Mods
m7 wrote:
I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue
I once ninja'd MigEater #Tongue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account
Noble_cat
Vehicle Driver


Joined: 24 Oct 2019

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAK02 wrote:
Interesting...

No, really, but what do you intend others to use them as if you want to share them?
Or what use do you want or give them in your mod?

This has potential.



I'm not going to make a mod of RA theme, and the style of mod probably won't suit most people... I don't think my material can use other mods well.
_________________
Like me~
Want me to help you revenge~
Envy? Hey? Excited~
Is it not enough to have me?
Are all fake~

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID
Noble_cat
Vehicle Driver


Joined: 24 Oct 2019

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Process display of some personal creations Reply with quote

Noble_cat wrote:
For the first time, I use ppm to make my personal comments. For the first time, please forgive me.
Recently, I have some free time to finish my mod production, so I spent a lot of time to make my model. Maybe it's better to share progress here?


I wanted to send them out one by one, but I found that I was too lazy.xD
Maybe packing in the same GIF will be more intuitive.


QQ??20200414164814.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.68 MB
 Viewed:  725 Time(s)

QQ??20200414164814.gif



QQ??20200414164801.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.42 MB
 Viewed:  726 Time(s)

QQ??20200414164801.gif



_________________
Like me~
Want me to help you revenge~
Envy? Hey? Excited~
Is it not enough to have me?
Are all fake~

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID
TAK02
General


Joined: 28 Jun 2015
Location: It was Damascus.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the..?

Oof, this is nice!
_________________
One and only developer of C&C S. True Supremacy.
Youtube: C&C Supremacy Mod | Skype: TAK02 Supreme CnC Mods
m7 wrote:
I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue
I once ninja'd MigEater #Tongue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that's some excellent animation work. very nice job.
Is this done in OpenRA?


I would only suggest you improve your general lighting. It seems your models have no clear sun position: your southwest facing walls that are directly towards the sun have almost the same brightness as your southeast facing walls.

If you would improve your lighting (like adding Ambient Occlusion, IES Sky light with enabled "Advanced lighting with Final Gather" in 3ds max), those models would really pop and give much more contrast.

The shadow casting light is also pretty soft, which makes the shadows pretty soft too.

What program do you used to make the renders? 3ds max, Blender,...?
_________________
SHP Artist of Twisted Insurrection:  Nod buildings

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noble_cat
Vehicle Driver


Joined: 24 Oct 2019

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
wow, that's some excellent animation work. very nice job.
Is this done in OpenRA?


I would only suggest you improve your general lighting. It seems your models have no clear sun position: your southwest facing walls that are directly towards the sun have almost the same brightness as your southeast facing walls.

If you would improve your lighting (like adding Ambient Occlusion, IES Sky light with enabled "Advanced lighting with Final Gather" in 3ds max), those models would really pop and give much more contrast.

The shadow casting light is also pretty soft, which makes the shadows pretty soft too.

What program do you used to make the renders? 3ds max, Blender,...?



It's Ares. I dare not touch openra. xD
I've been trying to adjust the lighting you said, and I've tried a lot of lighting combinations, even though that's the end result.
I used 3DMAX for model making. I wanted to try C4d, but I probably failed.
_________________
Like me~
Want me to help you revenge~
Envy? Hey? Excited~
Is it not enough to have me?
Are all fake~

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID
Noble_cat
Vehicle Driver


Joined: 24 Oct 2019

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Process display of some personal creations Reply with quote

Noble_cat wrote:
For the first time, I use ppm to make my personal comments. For the first time, please forgive me.
Recently, I have some free time to finish my mod production, so I spent a lot of time to make my model. Maybe it's better to share progress here?


I have finished the production of heavy industry. In terms of design, I used a little black technology, even though it did not achieve the best results.
There were two trouble points: land occupation and display level. I'm glad I solved them
It's said that the heavy industry with 5 * 3 land occupation once had problems?
QAQ~


GIF.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  506.54 KB
 Viewed:  677 Time(s)

GIF.gif



_________________
Like me~
Want me to help you revenge~
Envy? Hey? Excited~
Is it not enough to have me?
Are all fake~

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID
TAK02
General


Joined: 28 Jun 2015
Location: It was Damascus.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah! That's awesome!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noble_cat wrote:
I used 3DMAX for model making.

you could try to put one of your buildings into my iowa scene:https://ppmforums.com/topic-42450/iowa-class-battleship/
The download includes my latest camera and lighting setup.
Or copy camera, light sources, render setup (enable adv. lighting and Final Gather) over in your scene.

I would like to see a comparison between your setup and mine.


btw, extremely cool door design on the warfactory. a bit sad it clips into the rather big unit.
_________________
SHP Artist of Twisted Insurrection:  Nod buildings

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crimsonum
Seth


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Location: Fineland

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The models and animations are great, but like LKO said, the lighting could be improved, it makes them look very blurry and washed out.
_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

split the whole Warfactory Foundation discussion.
_________________
SHP Artist of Twisted Insurrection:  Nod buildings

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noble_cat
Vehicle Driver


Joined: 24 Oct 2019

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
split the whole Warfactory Foundation discussion.


Is that about me?
By the way, I looked at your scene lighting configuration. It looks like a single floodlight, but I actually use multiple lights to enhance the lighting performance of the building
Maybe... I'm not used to the way that the camera moves?
_________________
Like me~
Want me to help you revenge~
Envy? Hey? Excited~
Is it not enough to have me?
Are all fake~

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID
Noble_cat
Vehicle Driver


Joined: 24 Oct 2019

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Process display of some personal creations Reply with quote

Noble_cat wrote:
For the first time, I use ppm to make my personal comments. For the first time, please forgive me.
Recently, I have some free time to finish my mod production, so I spent a lot of time to make my model. Maybe it's better to share progress here?


Some progress...


QQ??20200417165158.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  401.07 KB
 Viewed:  434 Time(s)

QQ??20200417165158.gif



QQ??20200417165211.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  347.09 KB
 Viewed:  434 Time(s)

QQ??20200417165211.png



_________________
Like me~
Want me to help you revenge~
Envy? Hey? Excited~
Is it not enough to have me?
Are all fake~

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noble_cat wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
split the whole Warfactory Foundation discussion.


Is that about me?

just keeping your art topic clean of the discussion about how to get 3x3 warfactory done.
Would be good if you could mention in that topic how you managed to create your 3x3 factory. What Ares version you're using and how you coded the factory. Wink

Noble_cat wrote:
By the way, I looked at your scene lighting configuration. It looks like a single floodlight, but I actually use multiple lights to enhance the lighting performance of the building
Maybe... I'm not used to the way that the camera moves?

I have the lights linked to the camera, so when i rotate the camera, the lights follow it.
This way i only have to rotate a single camera. Otherwise i would have to rotate the complete 3d model which is often very hard or impossible to do , e.g. when particle systems are involved which would create particles that fly in curves as soon as the model is rotated

Anyway, the scene is basically
-a camera
-a directional light (for the main shadows and lighting)
-an IES Sky light (for the advanced Lighting with Final Gather, which gives a nice Ambient Occlusion lighting. This also provides the ambient light in areas that are completely obscured from any light source and which would be otherwise pure black, but with this they still get some rest light, giving the whole model a nice contrast)

You can see some different lighting effects here
Your scene is a bit worse than the lighting in GAKODK0000, since you have even shadowed areas very bright
The suggested new lighting (which also the IOWA model has) would be GAKODK0001

You can see how a good lighting improves your model, if you disable all textures.
If you then still can make out many details and clear distances between objects, it's good. But i would dare to say in your case the models would become only a pretty plain grey colored mass without much shadowing/lighting going on.
Example for Ambient Occlusion with textures disabled

notice how areas get darker the more they are hidden from all sides
_________________
SHP Artist of Twisted Insurrection:  Nod buildings

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noble_cat
Vehicle Driver


Joined: 24 Oct 2019

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Noble_cat wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
split the whole Warfactory Foundation discussion.


Is that about me?

just keeping your art topic clean of the discussion about how to get 3x3 warfactory done.
Would be good if you could mention in that topic how you managed to create your 3x3 factory. What Ares version you're using and how you coded the factory. Wink

Noble_cat wrote:
By the way, I looked at your scene lighting configuration. It looks like a single floodlight, but I actually use multiple lights to enhance the lighting performance of the building
Maybe... I'm not used to the way that the camera moves?

I have the lights linked to the camera, so when i rotate the camera, the lights follow it.
This way i only have to rotate a single camera. Otherwise i would have to rotate the complete 3d model which is often very hard or impossible to do , e.g. when particle systems are involved which would create particles that fly in curves as soon as the model is rotated

Anyway, the scene is basically
-a camera
-a directional light (for the main shadows and lighting)
-an IES Sky light (for the advanced Lighting with Final Gather, which gives a nice Ambient Occlusion lighting. This also provides the ambient light in areas that are completely obscured from any light source and which would be otherwise pure black, but with this they still get some rest light, giving the whole model a nice contrast)

You can see some different lighting effects here
Your scene is a bit worse than the lighting in GAKODK0000, since you have even shadowed areas very bright
The suggested new lighting (which also the IOWA model has) would be GAKODK0001

You can see how a good lighting improves your model, if you disable all textures.
If you then still can make out many details and clear distances between objects, it's good. But i would dare to say in your case the models would become only a pretty plain grey colored mass without much shadowing/lighting going on.
Example for Ambient Occlusion with textures disabled

notice how areas get darker the more they are hidden from all sides



Thank you for your advice. I think I'll reconsider
Of course, if I have the time to study it carefully Smile
_________________
Like me~
Want me to help you revenge~
Envy? Hey? Excited~
Is it not enough to have me?
Are all fake~

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID
Noble_cat
Vehicle Driver


Joined: 24 Oct 2019

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Noble_cat wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
split the whole Warfactory Foundation discussion.


Is that about me?

just keeping your art topic clean of the discussion about how to get 3x3 warfactory done.
Would be good if you could mention in that topic how you managed to create your 3x3 factory. What Ares version you're using and how you coded the factory. Wink

Noble_cat wrote:
By the way, I looked at your scene lighting configuration. It looks like a single floodlight, but I actually use multiple lights to enhance the lighting performance of the building
Maybe... I'm not used to the way that the camera moves?

I have the lights linked to the camera, so when i rotate the camera, the lights follow it.
This way i only have to rotate a single camera. Otherwise i would have to rotate the complete 3d model which is often very hard or impossible to do , e.g. when particle systems are involved which would create particles that fly in curves as soon as the model is rotated

Anyway, the scene is basically
-a camera
-a directional light (for the main shadows and lighting)
-an IES Sky light (for the advanced Lighting with Final Gather, which gives a nice Ambient Occlusion lighting. This also provides the ambient light in areas that are completely obscured from any light source and which would be otherwise pure black, but with this they still get some rest light, giving the whole model a nice contrast)

You can see some different lighting effects here
Your scene is a bit worse than the lighting in GAKODK0000, since you have even shadowed areas very bright
The suggested new lighting (which also the IOWA model has) would be GAKODK0001

You can see how a good lighting improves your model, if you disable all textures.
If you then still can make out many details and clear distances between objects, it's good. But i would dare to say in your case the models would become only a pretty plain grey colored mass without much shadowing/lighting going on.
Example for Ambient Occlusion with textures disabled

notice how areas get darker the more they are hidden from all sides


I tried to import your Omni shadow tdlight and sky01, and got the result
Maybe I don't know how to use it. My understanding of 3DMAX is not so deep. Forgive me XD
Can you give me a little instruction on how to use this beginner?


QQ??20200419111427.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.93 KB
 Viewed:  345 Time(s)

QQ??20200419111427.png



QQ??20200419111259.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.18 KB
 Viewed:  345 Time(s)

QQ??20200419111259.png



_________________
Like me~
Want me to help you revenge~
Envy? Hey? Excited~
Is it not enough to have me?
Are all fake~

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure "Use advanced lighting" is checked and you have set a "Light Tracer" in the "Advanced Lighting" Tab


3dsmax_Settings.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.23 KB
 Viewed:  290 Time(s)

3dsmax_Settings.png



_________________
SHP Artist of Twisted Insurrection:  Nod buildings

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PussyPus
Commander


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Location: Underground Posts: N/A

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'heavy industry' war factory reminds me of RECOIL, did you really make it based of the volcanic dome's entrance of campaign 3 from the game? in fact, when you go inside the volcanic dome through its entrance, you'll meet with new, stronger tanks.
_________________
If you are a MetalHead (Heavy Metal Fan) and don't want to be a metalhead, Just remove your metal ball from your head. �:p .

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID Skype Account
Noble_cat
Vehicle Driver


Joined: 24 Oct 2019

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PussyPus wrote:
The 'heavy industry' war factory reminds me of RECOIL, did you really make it based of the volcanic dome's entrance of campaign 3 from the game? in fact, when you go inside the volcanic dome through its entrance, you'll meet with new, stronger tanks.


No, I'm referring to Supreme Commander's
_________________
Like me~
Want me to help you revenge~
Envy? Hey? Excited~
Is it not enough to have me?
Are all fake~

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Modding Central » Media Hut
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

[ Time: 0.3118s ][ Queries: 21 (0.0300s) ][ Debug on ]